League Cup Final - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 11/28/2016 at 6:20 PM, PASTA Mick said:

I'm not sure I've ever said that Forrest is our most gifted player. He is massively underrated by Scotland fans. Almost as underrated as Snodgrass is overrated. 

Brown is our best player. :ok:

Forrest is continually sh1te for Scotland/ Until he starts doing otherwise then he'll continue to be vastly overrated IMO.

At least Snodgrass contributes. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Forrest is continually sh1te for Scotland/ Until he starts doing otherwise then he'll continue to be vastly overrated IMO.

At least Snodgrass contributes. 

Snodgrass never played for Celtic though, therefore he's not very good. 

#PastaLogic

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Scottish Cup Final Hibs v Rangers was a brilliant match.  Had everything in it and is a game to show when people complain about product on the park.

League Cup Final Aberdeen v Celtic was one of the worst games i have watched in a long time.  Reminded me of Belgium v Scotland.  Aberdeen were awful.  Scared and gave Celtic to much respect.  They beat Celtic twice last year.  The only new player was Dembele.

I think you are being too kind to Aberdeen.  Easily the worst performance under McInnes, shame he saved it for a final.  We were wholly ineffective against a team that had Lustig and Izaguire as full backs.  As if that isn't bad enough, we made James Forrest look good.  That was purely a reflection of just how bad we were.  Scott Brown and Rogic ran the show and to be fair to him, Armstrong had a good game.

Edited by SMcoolJ

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Mind when you used to keep saying how rubbish VVD is? Those were fun times. 

:lol: I was talking to someone about that yesterday.

He wasn't that good in Scotland but he's maybe more suited to the style of play n England and/or has also just developed pretty well in the last 2 years.

16 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Mind when you used to keep saying how rubbish VVD is? Those were fun times. 

Mind when you just say that anyone who plays for Celtic is brilliant? Because you're a massive Celtic fan who goes to feck all games and glory hunts them from England. Gid yin :ok: 

Now, if you're going to tell stories, let's tell the truth. 

I said he was vastly over rated and was the week leak in the Celtic defence that included him and Denayer. I believe he could be got at, principally due to Peter Pawlett exposing him and winning two games for Aberdeen off the back of it. 

14 hours ago, fringo said:

:lol: I was talking to someone about that yesterday.

He wasn't that good in Scotland but he's maybe more suited to the style of play n England and/or has also just developed pretty well in the last 2 years.

I think Van Dijk thought it was too easy in Scotland and that he didn't have to try too hard and he'd still look good. Which, to be fair to him, he mainly did. As i said above though, in some games he clearly under performed. Maybe i noticed these more than others because they came against my team, which is when i mainly saw VVD. 

He's clearly improved his focus down south and seems to remain switched on for the full 90 minutes each week. 

On 02/12/2016 at 8:23 AM, Parklife said:

He's clearly improved his focus down south and seems to remain switched on for the full 90 minutes each week. 

He's also a couple of years older. Can make a big difference to any young player in terms of mentality. Not a lot of young players are switched on for 90 mins week in week out especially in a league that doesn't always require them to be.

To be fair to Pasta Mick, he was spot on when championing the cause of Celtic stalwart Danny Fox. Nae bias there at all. He also never gave up touting Ross Wallace long after he retired from international fitba.....

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

He's also a couple of years older. Can make a big difference to any young player in terms of mentality. Not a lot of young players are switched on for 90 mins week in week out especially in a league that doesn't always require them to be.

To be fair to Pasta Mick, he was spot on when championing the cause of Celtic stalwart Danny Fox. Nae bias there at all. He also never gave up touting Ross Wallace long after he retired from international fitba.....

I mind going to a reserve Celtic - Rangers game years ago. Ross Wallace ran riot. Possibly scored all 5 goals in a 5-0 win for the baddies. I think O'Neil pitched him in at left back when he broke into the first team though? 

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I'm first to hold my hands up and say VVD is proving me wrong. Looking an assured defender and confident and composed playing the ball out. 

Who can forget the classic "Danny Fox is better than Lee Wallace. If Wallace was better he'd be playing for Celtic and not Hearts" logic :lol: 

Just now, Angus_Young said:

Bloody hell, this is quite momentous. should we be contacting the papers or something? 

The infrequency of me being wrong probably does make this newsworthy, to be fair. ;)