Flower Of Scotland Is Our Song - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flower Of Scotland Is Our Song

jcs

IF any Ireland fans do it mate,they will treat it as banter and it wont last too long if it does happen, as should ye - there wont be anything malacious in it.....both sets of fans will be having the craic over a beer after the match sure.

Absolutely :ok:

In fairness - i can understand yere concerns over the england fans, they will be tougher to listen too.....but as I said before, best way to silence them is for you and the rest of the scottish fans to stand together and proud and support your team to victory over them :ok:

Abso-fukin-lutely :ok:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many folk letting one line in a song shake their whole identity and psychy.scotland has a very clear identity around the world and fos us just a song..

The hills are bear now and autumn leaves lie thick and still.land that is lost now was once so dearly held....

We fought to be recognised as a nation and 3 hundred years later we entered a union of mutual interest...

I will sing FOS more loudly, proudly and passionately than I have ever done ........ One kick in the baws won't stop me from squealing like a mental b'stard. Scottish last week, Scottish next week, fecking Scottish always ......... Belt It out boys, make the stadium shake.

yuv goat ma plums pumpin now mate(BUT NOT IN A GAY WAY) :wink2::wink2:

Won't be singing FoS again until we get our independence. I can't. If you felt the meaning of the words before then they can't be sung until we get freedom.

I will be having a minutes silence. To sing the song is to give in. To admit it means nothing. I'm not proud of Scotland just now, although I am proud of being Scottish.

It's hard to explain. If I knew the guy next to me had voted No and was singing FoS I think I'd be in the jail for attempted murder.

Maybe I'm the problem but I can't help how I feel.

sing it mate,ahm hurtin but im gonnae belt it out specially as wull be in that royalist,englified midden of a no votters hornets nest

I have bought tickets for 3 of the up and coming home games but from some of the comments made on this thread I an not looking forward to it as I think the atmosphere will be shiite as there will be numerous arse holes who will be causing arguments and spouting utter scumbag piish rather than concentrating on supporting the team and the team will feed of that negativity in the crowd. I voted yes and was gutted to the point of spewing up, but we lost and just have to get on with life until the next time we get a chance at independance,,, so I WILL be singing the national anthem cos we still need to be a NATION AGAIN so the words still fukking stand. If the georga game is ruined by infantile nobmuncher lackie infighting amongst our fans then thats it for me fukk spending that kingt of money so sit in that atmosphere,,

I agree with tartan12. At first I was gutted and thought how the hell can we sing that line again?

Since then events and the atmosphere have got me thinking of course we can be a nation again.

why should we not sing flower of scotland it's our national anthem do you feel Scottish then fecking sing it with all your heart. loyalist sing gstq(no capitals letters for that loyalist pish totally meant) I'm Scottish and proud of it and so should you be

Agree completely mate, well done. Although I might shed a tear at the appropriate line as we ponder what we could have had.

I joined the travel club/supporters club in 1995 and was at Euro 96 and France 98 supporting Scotland. I have not missed a home qualifier in over 8 years (even though i live in London) and have been to over 30 away games. I have spent bucket loads of cash and used up hundreds of leave from work following Scotland and have never regretted it. However, some of the crap i have read on this forum since the vote has got me thinking whats the point. I travel all over Europe supporting the guys wearing the jersey, not politicians. I dont have a lot of time for politics (or religion) as it is a devisive issue and the last thing i want is turning up to watch Scotland and have it turned in to a political rally. The only thing we should care about is getting behind the guys wearing the lion rampant on their chests for 90 mins and helping them to victory. We should be doing this together as one, not seperating ourselves in different factions, what good would that do anyone??

I joined the travel club/supporters club in 1995 and was at Euro 96 and France 98 supporting Scotland. I have not missed a home qualifier in over 8 years (even though i live in London) and have been to over 30 away games. I have spent bucket loads of cash and used up hundreds of leave from work following Scotland and have never regretted it. However, some of the crap i have read on this forum since the vote has got me thinking whats the point. I travel all over Europe supporting the guys wearing the jersey, not politicians. I dont have a lot of time for politics (or religion) as it is a devisive issue and the last thing i want is turning up to watch Scotland and have it turned in to a political rally. The only thing we should care about is getting behind the guys wearing the lion rampant on their chests for 90 mins and helping them to victory. We should be doing this together as one, not seperating ourselves in different factions, what good would that do anyone??

Good post.

Im interested to know how many of the TAMB actually know what devisive means without googling it.

Flower of scotland was always a kind of protest song sung long before it was adopted as the national anthem,

So no better time to sing it in my opinion!!

For the people that voted yes we have nothing to be ashamed of by singing our national anthem!!!

We voted for the good of our country so sing it loud and be proud of who we are!!!

Won't be singing FoS again until we get our independence. I can't. If you felt the meaning of the words before then they can't be sung until we get freedom.

I will be having a minutes silence. To sing the song is to give in. To admit it means nothing. I'm not proud of Scotland just now, although I am proud of being Scottish.

It's hard to explain. If I knew the guy next to me had voted No and was singing FoS I think I'd be in the jail for attempted murder.

Maybe I'm the problem but I can't help how I feel.

With the referendum result on the back of the SFA's ticket price-hike (so, a double-whammy by way of disappointment's) I'm not the least bit inclined to attend the Georgia, Ireland or England matches.

Re. Poland away: I've already shelled out on flights and accommodation and will therefiore be travelling, but I'm in two minds about actually attending the match. That said, I'm sure I will. But I simply cannot comprehend how we can sing 'Flower of Scotland' after what has just happened. I'm inclined to think we should bow our head's; listen to it as an instrumental and spend a moment thinking about what has happened; a moment of mourning if you like.

I voted no and I will still be proud to sing flower of scotland

How? How can you be proud?

I cannot comprehend how you can vote 'No' and the sing 'Flower of Scotland'

You will be contradicting yourself.

It is after all a football match and not a political rally, I voted no and I will still be proud to sing flower of scotland

This is just bizarre. Do you even know what the song is about? Why it was written and the setiment behind it? For you to sing it is more than mildly rediculous.

one of the best posts since ' the fallout'

Re. Poland away: I've already shelled out on flights and accommodation and will therefiore be travelling, but I'm in two minds about actually attending the match. That said, I'm sure I will. But I simply cannot comprehend how we can sing 'Flower of Scotland' after what has just happened. I'm inclined to think we should bow our head's; listen to it as an instrumental and spend a moment thinking about what has happened; a moment of mourning if you like.

you could attend a 90 minute drama queen workshop over there instead

With the referendum result on the back of the SFA's ticket price-hike (so, a double-whammy by way of disappointment's) I'm not the least bit inclined to attend the Georgia, Ireland or England matches.

How? How can you be proud?

I cannot comprehend how you can vote 'No' and the sing 'Flower of Scotland'

You will be contradicting yourself.

Im with you rich nata.

As for that poster saying he voted no but will be proud to sing fos.

What a fcuked up country/region we live in.

Edited by The Laud

After seeing wee gordon on the telly today announcing the squad aswell as publicising the game i felt sorry for him.He is the best thing to happen to our national team for many years and he is in the middle of the sfa clowns pricing structure and the referendum backlash.I think that no matter what we think of no voters we need to get behind the team next week against georgia and all the other games more than ever.Thats my opinion other folk will have theirs.

After seeing wee gordon on the telly today announcing the squad aswell as publicising the game i felt sorry for him.He is the best thing to happen to our national team for many years and he is in the middle of the sfa clowns pricing structure and the referendum backlash.I think that no matter what we think of no voters we need to get behind the team next week against georgia and all the other games more than ever.Thats my opinion other folk will have theirs.

The team should be supported despite the arguments of whether we should actually have a national team as a region of the uk of not, but FoS is no longer a suitable anthem.