Do we need a Scotland "green brigade"? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Do we need a Scotland "green brigade"?

Dunty

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no posted in a while, followed Scotland all my life, brought my weans up to do the same but right now im losing the enthusiasm, honestly cant remember the last time i went to a home game and enjoyed the atmosphere, maybe the 3-1 game against ukraine but even then it felt toned down to what i remember as a boy.

Last couple of times i've honestly been scared taking my boys to the game incase it sickens them to the point they dont want to go back due to the lack of atmosphere, my problem is ive brought them up to support Scotland first and if they want a club team thats up to them , coming from Glasgow my obvious fear is they choose one of the old firm over Scotland because they do have atmosphere ( even though its mostly bigoted).

So if a singing section, green brigade, choir section, whatever brings atmosphere back then im all for it......

I really do not understand the negativity about singing sections. The TA is reasonably good at self policing therefore I expect the songs to be fairly benign and non inflammatory. As far as the argument that it all becomes a bit perfunctury and the singing drowns out any spontaneous action I do not really agree with that. From memory ( and i really do have to go back ) crowd reaction to any decent action automatically drown out any song going on. I dont think this would change with a singing section. 

In a perfect world a singing section would not be required as a decent performance  would generate enough atmosphere. But we are as far away from perfect as it can get therefore I think any idea to improve the atmosphere had to be considered. Has the SFA ever been approached regarding this ?