Train both ways? - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Train both ways?

expat.

Given that the authorities agreed to a train special for the return (2 days before the match) would it not have made sence that the SFA had agreed with them a couple of Train Specials both ways early in their fact finding trip(s)

So I blame the SFA for the bus fiaco some lads had

Then we would not have had to arrange our own bus fleets, that our lad did 1 bus and was a dream, you know who you are....

3 minutes ago, lyonhibs said:

I think he's blaming the SFA for having to use the foreign bus company in the first place.

Still nonsense patter mind.

As much as I think the whole lot of those cvnts at Hampden need cleared out I don't see why it's the SFA's job to sort out transport in a foreign country.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

As much as I think the whole lot of those cvnts at Hampden need cleared out I don't see why it's the SFA's job to sort out transport in a foreign country.

They are the guys in charge of the Scotland Supporters Club.

Not sure what they could have done in this instance. Giving them the benefit of the doubt they must have asked about trains, and maybe a special train. Not the SFAs fault that the Slovaks didn't get back to us until 2 days before KO.

J

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

It is the SSC's job though, and I think they should have done more to speak with their Slovak counterparts regarding transport after the game at the earliest opportunity.

(if that had of been Spartak Trnava v Slovan Bratislava there would have been a train provided)

Nobody putting blame at the SFA over the ticket fiasco ? I was in section 13 ,most of that home end behind the goal was full of scots , why did the SFA not push for more tickets, they must have know that lots of us would buy tickets for that part of the ground anyway . Talking to other TA ,and like me they were on 5 points and did not get tickets for the game. Hence why we bought from the Slovak FA. 

30 minutes ago, braveheart1962 said:

Nobody putting blame at the SFA over the ticket fiasco ? I was in section 13 ,most of that home end behind the goal was full of scots , why did the SFA not push for more tickets, they must have know that lots of us would buy tickets for that part of the ground anyway . Talking to other TA ,and like me they were on 5 points and did not get tickets for the game. Hence why we bought from the Slovak FA. 

The problem with stadiums like Trnava is the away section is pretty much fenced in & that's your lot. With the amount of police everywhere maybe they were thinking there was going to be a far bigger home support. 

I don't think the SFA could have got any more tickets even if they had asked.

1 hour ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

what was trnava like for pubs and restaurants.

We found a great local place. Cheap swally and full of local fans. Ideal. The barman ended up pushing us free local moonshine. Very hospitable he was. It was beside the synagogue. Bzzzz had us on the cocktails. :P

Edited by Ormond

10 hours ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

what was trnava like for pubs and restaurants.

Plenty of good places you just had to go looking. I really enjoyed it and very glad we didn't stay the whole time in Bratislava. One of the better trips, really friendly people. Just spoilt by the 90 mins as usual.

We stayed there match night and our place only had 2 other Scotland fans in as far as I could see stayed in the max plaza bout a 10 min walk to the ground we were just next to the main sqaure  then after the match there was a handful of guys in the wee cafe/bar we went to  

We only came to trnava for the game and went to the IRISH PUB across from the stadium but it was the least irish pub i have seen but it was fine.Cheap drink although not enough staff and beer taps were slow but they just managed to cope.

49 minutes ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

We only came to trnava for the game and went to the IRISH PUB across from the stadium but it was the least irish pub i have seen but it was fine.Cheap drink although not enough staff and beer taps were slow but they just managed to cope.

We were in there when we arrived at 2pm but left due to the brutal smoking in the place. Selfish bastards who have got used to not smoking for ten years sticking two fingers up to guys because the smarmy cvnts CAN get away with smoking. It takes two minutes for them to pop outdoors instead of loving it because they can make me stink.

Edited by Ormond

It was ok and smoking didnt bother me as my wife smokes but if you werent happy then always best to go elsewhere.There wasnt any no smoking signs so what are folk meant to do although going outside was an option.

1 hour ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

It was ok and smoking didnt bother me as my wife smokes but if you werent happy then always best to go elsewhere.There wasnt any no smoking signs so what are folk meant to do although going outside was an option.

We did go elsewhere. Smoking in general in Brat and Trnava gave me the boak. It was the Scottish lads who I thought were selfish with it. They have had a decade of getting used to smoking outside. But sitting watching some smarmy pie puffing and grinning because he COULD was just rude I thought.