Support - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Support

malky24

1 hour ago, malky24 said:

I gave a boy who was booing the team at half time a hard time. Basically told him to shut up. However,, I left when Slovakia went 2-0 up.     Who is the worst supporter?

Why did you give him a hard time?

He paid his money,he's entitled to an opinion. 

Why did you leave?

Him. I thought we did ok first half and didn't deserve to be behind. It seems that  just because you are losing, it gives fans the rjght to boo but i thought we had done ok.

Second half, we were poor.  You were entitled to walk out.

I stayed to the end. I didn't boo people off. In fact, i applauded the team at the end. Not because i am happy with failure but because i think  the players did their best. If they are not the right players or they are told to play in a certain formation or use certain tactics, then thzt is down to the manager rather than the players.

5 hours ago, Ta Ta said:

Him. I thought we did ok first half and didn't deserve to be behind. It seems that  just because you are losing, it gives fans the rjght to boo but i thought we had done ok.

I stayed to the end. I didn't boo people off. In fact, i applauded the team at the end. Not because i am happy with failure but because i think  the players did their best. If they are not the right players or they are told to play in a certain formation or use certain tactics, then thzt is down to the manager rather than the players.

You were probably one of the clowns who cheered Strachan in Faro and got us landed with him for another failed campaign.

Imagine applauding that sh1te last night, need your head looked at!

Guest BlueGaz
6 hours ago, Ta Ta said:

I don't think the players did their best - and think most would admit that.  Regardless of the formation, your job on the pitch or whatever the manager wants you to do, that shouldn't and can't be an excuse for basic errors.  You cannot deny some of the passing and basics/marking/etc were pretty bad?  That is down to individuals having a bad game.

39 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You were probably one of the clowns who cheered Strachan in Faro and got us landed with him for another failed campaign.

Imagine applauding that sh1te last night, need your head looked at!

You couldn't be further from the truth. That was embarassing. People celebrating like we had qualified because they had had a nice trip and we had beaten the worst team in europe in a dead game. I would have happily sacked Strachan there and then. 

15 hours ago, malky24 said:

I gave a boy who was booing the team at half time a hard time. Basically told him to shut up. However,, I left when Slovakia went 2-0 up.     Who is the worst supporter?

You, for thinking you have the right to tell a fellow supporter what to do, he wasn't doing anything wrong by booing. 

I totally agree that everyone who pays their money is due an opinion . I was totally gutted at the result like everyone else but I did not boo the team but stood there silent to show my disgust at their 

performance .There is no point in arguing with each other as this will not solve any of our on field problems .

The booing at half time was surely for the ref, as the majority of the boo's came once the players had gone down the tunnel and it was just the ref left.

Booing at the end is acceptable IMO, the performance from the manager wasn't up to scratch and once that 3rd went in there could've been a few more. Nothing worth applauding there

I booed the ref at half time after waiting for the players to go down the tunnel. 

At full time I was giving all manner of hand signals and abusive language over towards Gordon Strachan who was sheepishly standing beside his dugout waiting for the players to go down the tunnel. I did spare a small clap for Griffiths, Tierney & Patterson when they came over towards our support, I thought that 3 gave 100%.

No idea what I was thinking as clearly Strachan wouldn't of seen nor heard me from the technical area but seemed like a good idea at the time :lol::beer2:

On 12 October 2016 at 5:50 PM, scottincarlisle said:

I was surprised some of the players even had the nerve to come over and applaud the fans at FT.

Eh?

They came over to thank the fans for coming. Are we going to criticise them for that now?

On 11 October 2016 at 10:38 PM, malky24 said:

I would say you, something similar happend to me, I was giving strachan and the team dogs abuse and a guy told me to calm down, my argument was ,that I had just forked out £650/£700 on hotels ,flights ,spending money ,time off work ( unpaid) time away from wife / kids to watch that Shyte! I still stand by that, the Slovakia game reminded me of levein in Prague .

The last campaign we were in a tough group so I understand why folk would be reluctant to criticize the manager and players. Georgia away aside I don't think any of the performances were negative enough to merit booing.

The last 2 games the performances were below acceptable so its fair to question Strachan and the progress he has made. We're more comfortable in possession than we ever were under Levien so I'd take that as a sign of progress. However, we are toothless upfront and very vulnerable in defence.  I don't think that's down to the quality of individual players or the formation the manager selects. Its more down to understanding and how we attack and defend as a unit. The management and players both need to take responsibility for that.

I don't think anything the fans have said or done these last 2 games have contributed to the poor performances we've seen on the pitch.