Team for tomorrow - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for tomorrow

Malcolm

3 minutes ago, munro7 said:

I thought Fletcher was fine on Saturday. Always available to take the ball and looking for options. The problem he and Bannan had was a complete lack of movement in front of them.

Neither of them are particularly dynamic though and won't play a defence splitting pass. They are good for knocking the ball to right and left back but they both lack pace, can't go past anyone and neither has the speed of thought to see something no one else does. 

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mox said:

Neither of them are particularly dynamic though and won't play a defence splitting pass. They are good for knocking the ball to right and left back but they both lack pace, can't go past anyone and neither has the speed of thought to see something no one else does. 

Frankly, that is where we are though. We have strength in one or two places but average and mediocre in other places hence we are where we are.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Frankly, that is where we are though. We have strength in one or two places but average and mediocre in other places hence we are where we are.

Morrison is better than the both of them and can at least get up and down the pitch.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Any word yet on why those players were sent home and particularly as to why Burke was dropped altogether ?

Strachan says 'it's not a game for inexperienced players', right after he picks Tierney. 

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Any word yet on why those players were sent home and particularly as to why Burke was dropped altogether ?

Strachan said this is a game for 'more experience' and explained that to Burke.

My guess is Strachan is making a point due to his woeful defending and poor workrate to defend in Lithuania game.

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

Strachan says 'it's not a game for inexperienced players', right after he picks Tierney. 

Feck me. Hope he's not making Burke, a really exciting young prospect, a scapegoat for the Lithuania draw.

Just now, JamDav1982 said:

Strachan said this is a game for 'more experience' and explained that to Burke.

My guess is Strachan is making a point due to his woeful defending and poor workrate to defend in Lithuania game.

One of the reasons we screw up developing players is because of that morale destroying, finger pointing attitude towards young players who need to be encouraged and trusted, not hounded and blamed for feck ups.

1 minute ago, Hertsscot said:

Maybe he didn't have a lot of choice depending how fit Robertson is or isn't.

Seems Rob Mclean disagrees with me. "Doesn't sound like injury has anything to do with Saturday's man of the match Andy Robertson being left out tonight. Seems the defensive qualities of Kieran Tierney have given him the nod."  I find that odd.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Feck me. Hope he's not making Burke, a really exciting young prospect, a scapegoat for the Lithuania draw.

One of the reasons we screw up developing players is because of that morale destroying, finger pointing attitude towards young players who need to be encouraged and trusted, not hounded and blamed for feck ups.

Indeed. But Strachan has to prove how clever he is and how he knows better than everyone else. 

Just now, Hertsscot said:

Seems Rob Mclean disagrees with me. "Doesn't sound like injury has anything to do with Saturday's man of the match Andy Robertson being left out tonight. Seems the defensive qualities of Kieran Tierney have given him the nod."  I find that odd.

I've been a backer of Strachan up till now but I think he's lost it.