Team for tomorrow - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for tomorrow

Malcolm

5 minutes ago, jamboman said:

Marshall

Paterson, Martin, Berra, Tierney

McArthur Bannan

Burke, Snodgrss, Robertson

Griffiths

Let Robertson play in front of Tierney, he is our best attacking wide player. Griffiths to actually move up front and snograss and burke to make runs in support. If we play martin up on his own Skrtel will murder him.

Murder is the right word

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall

Paterson    Martin     Hanley      Tierney

Morrison  McArthur

Snodgrass                                  Robertson

Burke

Griffiths

15 minutes ago, Mox said:

Marshall

Paterson    Martin     Hanley      Tierney

Morrison  McArthur

Snodgrass                                  Robertson

Burke

Griffiths

Actually like the look of this. Don't see a huge difference between Hanley and Berra.

7 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Actually like the look of this. Don't see a huge difference between Hanley and Berra.

Berra plays every week, Hanley sits on the bench every week. Hanley is rusty and has looked it in both the games so far. Much as I'd agree he's going to be a long term fixture at center back for years to come, he is not the best option for us right now.

Marshall

Paterson   Martin   Berra   Robertson

Snodgrass   McArthur

Bannan                                Burke

Fletcher

Griffiths

43 minutes ago, andyD said:

Berra plays every week, Hanley sits on the bench every week. Hanley is rusty and has looked it in both the games so far. Much as I'd agree he's going to be a long term fixture at center back for years to come, he is not the best option for us right now.

But he's played more alongside R.Martin which maybe cancels out the fact Berra has played more for his club this season. Agree Hanley hasn't been great last couple of games. We should have tried Martin and Berra together more in the friendlies, and Hanley and Berra for that matter instead of wasting time with Greer.

Marshall.                  

Paterson.  Martin.     Hanley.   Robertson

.                McArthur.  Bannan.               

Burke.           Snodgrass.        Anya.       

Fletcher.                            

7 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Marshall.                  

Paterson.  Martin.     Hanley.   Robertson

.                McArthur.  Bannan.               

Burke.           Snodgrass.        Anya.       

Fletcher.                            

I think and hope that will exactly be the team, although I think Burke could be at risk with Naismith or Maloney coming in. I'd be fine with Maloney,.

-----------------Marshall                  

--Paterson Martin Hanley Robertson

----------D.Fletcher McArthur               

--Snodgrass--Maloney----Anya      

-----------------S.Fletcher                 

Edited by Kris Boyd

14 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No goals in 8 or 9 games for us? Had a great chance on Saturday and fluffed it. Just two reasons there.

Hardly fluffed it, it was on target which is more than can be said for Martin's "attempt".

He's been used mainly as a sub for us, so you are being a bit unfair with your 9 chances. 

He scored 40 goals last season, has scored a fair few this season already (most in Europe) whilst our first choice striker couldn't score in a barrel of fannies.

We only looked like scoring after he came on against Lithuania. 

I'm pretty sure had he started against the likes of Malta then he wouldn't have been "8 or 9 games" without scoring.

If he didn't go 4-4-2 against Malta, there's no way he will do it tonight. He tried to do something different at home to Gibraltar and quickly reverted back to trusty old 4-5-1 after they got a goal.

Guys like Anya, Naismith, S Fletcher and Griffiths deserve a chance at some point in my opinion. Its a completely different game so hope to god its a completely different mind-set and tactical approach. Will be counter attacking more than Saturday and will need pace so can't see us playing a target man type up front (Martin). We have a lot of guys who didn't feature at all and should be 100% fit so I would expect quite a few changes.

He was the match winner against the Czechs earlier this year.

His usefulness isn't always visible either, to be fair to him. If you think back to before he broke into the team, the opposition would often just overload us, pushing their fullback up all the way, putting us on pure defense for long periods without the pace to break out and punish the overload. Anya's presence pretty much negates that. As soon as he started to be in the team the opponents sat back a bit more, gave us more space to play out, relieving pressure on the whole team. It's fair to say that it's not "Anya" that did that.. it's the threat of a pacey counter attack.. and now we have other players who can offer that, most prominently Forrest and Burke. There's always been questionmarks over Anya's end product, but I've got to admit that part of me is tempted to see a front 3 of Anya Burke and Forrest in games where we're going to be under the cosh.  I don't think any of the games in this qualifying group are suited to it, but I'm still curious heh.

How about?    

Marshall

Paterson  Martin  Hanley  Robertson

Morrison  McArthur  Ritchie

Snodgrass                               Anya

Griffiths

Anya to use pace to attack down the left wing AND get back to help Robertson. Ritchie in to have some long shots. Morrison a bit more experienced than Bannan. Snodgrass out on the right as he has always played better on the right wing IMO. Griffiths in as he is more nippy than Martin/Fletcher (who would be out muscled by Skrtel anyway). ? 

4 minutes ago, McVinceSCT said:

I don't understand some people on here, who see Bannan as a top player! He's average (at the best).

In the last 2 games he's used the ball and distributed it better than anyone else has in the middle of the park for us for a while.