Team for tomorrow - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for tomorrow

Malcolm

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

It was defenitely before they flew out. Why would he ask them to travel if he had no intention of using them? That's the whole point of it. In Mackay's case it was confirmed by Rangers that's how it happened, which I thought was fair enough. 

yeh sounds about right Angus, but then this is strachan we are talking about.

5 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

It was defenitely before they flew out. Why would he ask them to travel if he had no intention of using them? That's the whole point of it. In Mackay's case it was confirmed by Rangers that's how it happened, which I thought was fair enough. 

Surprised that the media never got hold of it then.

• 2 years later...
On 10/12/2016 at 6:34 AM, fraz65 said:

The biggest factor for me compared to the start of Strachan's tenure is that we haven't managed to replace Brown and Mulgrew in midfield. 

Add to that Naismith and both Fletchers being two years older, the loss of club form in Anya, Snodgrass being less effective post injury and a really poor under-21s squad and the reasons for why we are struggling are pretty clear.

The only real improvements have been the two left backs. 

We could change managers but it won't make any difference. 

There weren't many who agreed with me on this thread, but three years on and two managers later, are we any better off?

9 hours ago, fraz65 said:

There weren't many who agreed with me on this thread, but three years on and two managers later, are we any better off?

Nope.  In fact, we've got worse.  Being beaten by 3 goals or more was a shock back then, now it's becoming the norm.

In those days, though, if you even hinted that not everything that was wrong was down to the manager you'd get slaughtered on here.  

4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Nope.  In fact, we've got worse.  Being beaten by 3 goals or more was a shock back then, now it's becoming the norm.

In those days, though, if you even hinted that not everything that was wrong was down to the manager you'd get slaughtered on here.  

Our players are a shower of mediocrities, and have been for a long time. 

There's no indication that things are going to change either.