Team for tomorrow - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for tomorrow

Malcolm

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strachan's now had 30 mins to resign. Is he not able to do that competently either?

If Will Young can quit Strictly, surely Stachan must follow suit...

I was concerned about this before hand as felt his contribution was negligible on Saturday but Darren Fletcher's time is up and we need to look elsewhere. Listen, he's been a terrific servant and a top class professional and has had some excellent performances but he's just not the influence he was. I think he should be following Scott brown as the opportunity to play at a major tournament has sadly now passed him by.

12 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

I hope Scotland fail to turn up at Wembley if it means England are awarded a 3-0 win, dread to think how many they will put past us if they are playing in first gear 

You know thats not's how it will pan out though

Typically what will happen is that plucky Scotland will play well enough to lose by the odd goal or such and the cracks will be papered over

49 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

I hope Scotland fail to turn up at Wembley if it means England are awarded a 3-0 win, dread to think how many they will put past us if they are playing in first gear 

We're crap but England are pretty average at the moment too.

38 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Sending him home following the match - Classic Strachan move. Bizarre and damaging.

I totally hadn't noticed, I swear I saw Burke in among the subs in the half time knock about.Seems a very bizarre decision, especially since we named both keepers on the bench. Room for them, but not for Burke. Very strange.

Edited by andyD

3 minutes ago, andyD said:

I totally hadn't noticed, I swear I saw Burke in among the subs in the half time knock about.Seems a very bizarre decision, especially since we named both keepers on the bench. Room for them, but not for Burke. Very strange.

Yup. Probably because Strachan saw folk being positive about Burke and wanting to see him given a chance again. 

Strachan can't be having that. No one is allowed an opinion except him. So he had to do what no one else would have, so that we can all see how clever he is and how he knows best. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yup. Probably because Strachan saw folk being positive about Burke and wanting to see him given a chance again. 

Strachan can't be having that. No one is allowed an opinion except him. So he had to do what no one else would have, so that we can all see how clever he is and how he knows best. 

I'm sure that was exactly the reason.... ............

1 minute ago, jailender said:

So did Strachan send Burke home after the Lithuania game? Not heard this until earlier in this thread.

No. He made him travel to Slovakia, then sent him home. 

#STRACHSINCHERGE!

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Three players were sent back to their clubs - Burke, Naismith and McKay after Lithuania match. Apparently, all told they wouldn't feature here so were released.

Well you won't need three of your more creative attacking prospects in a game you have to get something out of but having a back up to your back up goalie on the bench is essential.

Edited by ProudScot

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Three players were sent back to their clubs - Burke, Naismith and McKay after Lithuania match. Apparently, all told they wouldn't feature here so were released.

He's said he would do that sort of thing before.. not waste people's time by making them come sit around and not do anything.

Seems like a misjudgement tho.. I think every one of us thought Burke could have an impact in this game with his strong running.. and judging by Burke's reaction, he didn't quite understand why he'd been left out, took it more as a dis than as the manager protecting him (which is likely what Strachan thought he was doing)

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Well you won't need three of your more creative attacking prospects in a gmae you have to get something out of but having a back up to your back up goalie on the bench is essential.

Naismith's a creative attacking prospect? :o