Ruth Davidson - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

13 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

There's more chance David Mundell being the father of her next wean than her being FM.

Careful now, you'll have former Labour leaders defaming you in the Daily Record for jokes like that.

On 5/4/2019 at 1:44 PM, Caledonian Craig said:

It seems crystal clear to me that she has totally lost touch with politics in her time away. Her Tory blue-tinted specs ...

I listened to the leaked audio file of her practising her speech to the Tory conference In Aberdeen. In it she claims that six months away from the political bubble has given her a fresh and objective perspective on politics. 

And when she's interviewed: nothing has changed. The same old SNP Bad tales, one after another. You're right about the blue-tinted specs.

This whole Ruth Davidson for FM thing is a completely false and fabricated MSM campaign.  Maybe a few pig ignorant folk will fall for it, but the vast majority of people in Scotland will have nothing to do with the Tories, ever.  She is whistling in the dark.  She know indy is coming and the only way to prevent it by using her to block it would be to carry out a massive ballot paper fraud (which I think may have been practised to an extent in 2014 actually).  I no longer trust election or referendum results to the same extent.

Edited by Alibi

20 hours ago, bonzo said:

Ruthy can put you down as a maybe then?

Ive no doubt that under some media, or polling data that I will be. 

The news was on in the pub on Saturday, and people booed when her puss came up. Welcome to Scotland in 2019, a mere Tory picture leads to booing.

8 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Ive no doubt that under some media, or polling data that I will be. 

The news was on in the pub on Saturday, and people booed when her puss came up. Welcome to Scotland in 2019, a mere Tory picture leads to booing.

No, no, no you must be mistaken.

"Ruth" is loved all over Scotland because she's "young" and "cool" and "tells it as it is". The SNP are deeply afraid of her. Scotland has fallen in love with "Ruth" don't you know ?

(c) The Herald, Daily Mail, Daily Express & The Scotsman

Edited by ErsatzThistle

10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No, no, no you must be mistaken.

"Ruth" is loved all over Scotland because she's "young" and "cool" and "tells it as it is". The SNP are deeply afraid of her. Scotland has fallen in love with "Ruth" don't you know ?

(c) The Herald, Daily Mail, Daily Express & The Scotsman

You forgot to put she rides a bull.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, daviebee said:

Maybe she expects Holyrood to be closed and she won't have a job anyway.  Wouldn't surprise me if Johnson went down that road.  All the signs are there.

After today's news it's a distinct possibility.

As for Davidson, assuming she does as expected and resigns, I think she'll lie low for a while before relaunching herself as a media 'personality' (although she was little more than that anyway, in truth).  Then, if the political winds change in her favour, she'll make a pitch for a parliamentary seat somewhere down south.

In the short term, I reckon Adam Tomkins fancies himself as her replacement.

9 hours ago, scotlad said:

Just watched a Sarah Smith piece about Davidson on BBC News so vainglorious it could have been written by Davidson herself (except I don't think even she holds herself in such high regard).  🤢

Saw that myself, on the "national" news.  I don't think even BBC Scotland would've put up with that.

So, Billy Bunter is gone.

Did she take the opportunity to put the boot in to Boris and his henchmen? Did she f*ck.

Just predictable pleasantries about supporting the Conservative and Unionist party from afar.

As someone, elsewhere, put it; 'The Tory's are no longer good enough for Ruth, but she tells us they are good enough for Scotland'.

She doesn't want  to be at the helm when we leave the union.   Instead of being in the history books as that she'll go into hiding as usual.

Or more likely throw rocks from the side.   A BBC darling for ever without any responsibility.

Watching Newsnight. They led on Davidson. 

They portrayed her as the sole reason the Tories won 13 seats in 2017, completely ignoring the backlash to Sturgeon's 2nd referendum call which actually delivered those Tory seats.

The London-bubble commentariat are beatifying her in order to put pressure on Johnstone and his No Deal threat.

It's interesting (and quite galling) to see how Scottish events (that would otherwise be ignored) get used by the heavily Remain BBC in order to set the narrative.

7 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Watching Newsnight. They led on Davidson. 

They portrayed her as the sole reason the Tories won 13 seats in 2017, completely ignoring the backlash to Sturgeon's 2nd referendum call which actually delivered those Tory seats.

The London-bubble commentariat are beatifying her in order to put pressure on Johnstone and his No Deal threat.

It's interesting (and quite galling) to see how Scottish events (that would otherwise be ignored) get used by the heavily Remain BBC in order to set the narrative.

There's more to it than that.

Paper candidates in certain constituencies. Certain parties despite being on the ballot paper did only the bare minimum of campaigning so as to allow the primary unionist challenger to win. The Lib Dems and Tories hardly tried in Murray's constituency. Labour didn't try in East Dunbartonshire so as to get Swinson in etc.

A chunk of the SNP vote staying at home. Often overlooked is that Scotland's voter turnout was down. We lost a few constituencies to Labour by only a few hundred votes.

Derek Mackay's highly complacent, sometimes non-existent campaign which only swung into action in the last few days of campaigning. 

Brexit supporters in the North East going Tory.