Ruth Davidson - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

remind me if i'm wrong but wasn't the point of IVF treatment for couples who couldn't conceive children and not for same sex couples .... this whole scenario reeks of a propaganda stunt, she was on the news, chat show gushing about being pregnant 

22 minutes ago, FuNsTeR said:

remind me if i'm wrong but wasn't the point of IVF treatment for couples who couldn't conceive children and not for same sex couples .... this whole scenario reeks of a propaganda stunt, she was on the news, chat show gushing about being pregnant 

I think you are probably wrong.

34 minutes ago, FuNsTeR said:

Yeah, it’s a well known fact that people just want bairns as a publicity stunt. 

FFS, I pretty much despise Davidson as a politician, but if she and her partner want a kid, then just let them. Being a lesbian doesn’t diminish her motherly wants. 

I could very well be wrong, but I very much doubt doctors had a heterosexual only rule when they were doing their research. 

17 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It could be described as a propaganda stunt in that she appears on these shows as a normal human being, when in fact she’s a Tory. 

But we vote these people in so deserve whatever you’re given.

I'll have a wild stab to say that it's just that she and her partner just wanted a wean.

11 minutes ago, Flure said:

I'll have a wild stab to say that it's just that she and her partner just wanted a wean.

I didn’t explain myself very well, the propaganda stunt is pretending that Tories are normal moral people like most of the rest of us. Baby or no baby, you can’t be a moral person and be a Tory. 

Probably not the best thread to have a reasonable go at Davidson mind you. 

On 4/28/2018 at 11:18 PM, Dave78 said:

Because she's the first political leader to do this, no?

As much as i detest Ruthie, this is a big story.

And as for the suspicion that the BBC are trying to help out the Tories, how do you think this story resonates with the traditional Tory base voters? Not well, i'd imagine.

But the story isn't 'Politician in same sex relationship falls pregnant through artificial insemination'  - that probably is newsworthy.  The story is 'Ruth Davidson is pregnant!  RUTH DAVIDSON is pregnant!'.  That's how it was largely reported in Scotland anyway.

Ruth Davidson's sexuality hasn't been a barrier to her success so far, and for as long as she gets the kid gloves treatment by the Scottish media and for as long as she remains the strongest bulwark against independence in Scotland, I think the traditional Tory voter base will tolerate almost anything she does.

My opinion of her isn't low enough to believe that she'd deliberately try and get pregnant just to keep the positive headlines flowing - her and her partner have been an item for a long while and IVF isn't an easy process to go through (and in any case, you only have to Google her name to see that positive headlines are abundant).  But I won't be surprised if she decides to start her maternity leaves just as the next big Tory catastrophe begins, such as the contents of a wean's nappy hits the fan over Brexit.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Yeah, it’s a well known fact that people just want bairns as a publicity stunt. 

FFS, I pretty much despise Davidson as a politician, but if she and her partner want a kid, then just let them. Being a lesbian doesn’t diminish her motherly wants. 

I could very well be wrong, but I very much doubt doctors had a heterosexual only rule when they were doing their research. 

Spot on.

Well i wish Ruth well and hope everything goes safely for her and her baby. But it doesnt alter that i would never vote for her or any tory ever.

7 hours ago, buckielugger said:

Well i wish Ruth well and hope everything goes safely for her and her baby. But it doesnt alter that i would never vote for her or any tory ever.

Pretty much this ^^^ (except for the missing apostrophe, obviously)

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I saw Alex Salmond at the weekend. Either his five on two off diet has stopped working or he is trying to outdo Ruthie for the pregnancy headlines.

When you slag Salmond for being fat, you are also meant to rip into Sturgeon for looking like a Krankie. Those two usually go hand in hand. 😏

In my personal life are a female couple who tried IVF for a child, and in both my own family and in Ruth Davidson's case, it is the more masculine of the pair who have gone first.

It raises the question fellas, if you could pop out a wean, would you be keener on it than your wife?

58 minutes ago, Armchair Bob said:

In my personal life are a female couple who tried IVF for a child, and in both my own family and in Ruth Davidson's case, it is the more masculine of the pair who have gone first.

It raises the question fellas, if you could pop out a wean, would you be keener on it than your wife?

How did you measure their masculinity? Did you arm wrestle them, and see who beat you quickest?

7 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Why do you keep posting this sort of stuff.

I had a friend who's brothers granny sisters in law worked for th NHS, spontaneously combusted, and they sent the card to the wrong continent and Theresa May doesn't give a fuck, the heartless cunt.

Yeah, almost definitley wrong. She wouldn't neccessarily require IVF anyway (In Vitro (In glass) fertilisation), as she probably has all the required bits in her body apart from sperm which could be introduced by various methods. Possibly ' hi egg, how you doin'

12 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yeah, almost definitley wrong. She wouldn't neccessarily require IVF anyway (In Vitro (In glass) fertilisation), as she probably has all the required bits in her body apart from sperm which could be introduced by various methods. Possibly ' hi egg, how you doin'

Maybe not in a medical sense but you do need to have a heart to be a good parent.  For that reason I don’t believe Davidson to be a suitable Mother.