Flags in home end - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flags in home end

braveheart1962

22 minutes ago, WeeJohmny said:

Me and my two pals are in 13 as well. We're intending to go kilted - is anyone else or is that a daft idea ?

From the wee ATAC guide (posted further down the page) appears the Slovaks are aware those areas will be flooded with Scots and arent too bothered.

Edited by Alloa1878SC

6 minutes ago, braveheart1962 said:

Thanks for the replies, only thing I'm worried about is if the local neds try and steal the flags , which is what happened in Warsaw 2 years ago, 

Slovakia does have some pretty hard core ultra's (I actually think Spartak Trvana have the biggest and most vocal) but I think the scene in Slovakia is not on the same level as you get in Poland, and probably very similar to what you get in the Czech Republic (though I think the Slovaks get a slightly more rougher reputation than the Czech).

Flag stealing for trophies is a pretty big fab in Central-Eastern European football just now, so probably very little you can do against that.

26 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Slovakia does have some pretty hard core ultra's (I actually think Spartak Trvana have the biggest and most vocal) but I think the scene in Slovakia is not on the same level as you get in Poland, and probably very similar to what you get in the Czech Republic (though I think the Slovaks get a slightly more rougher reputation than the Czech).

Flag stealing for trophies is a pretty big fab in Central-Eastern European football just now, so probably very little you can do against that.

The official Slovak crazies/most passionate fans will seemingly be sat exactly opposite is behind the other goals though. I'd imagine flags and kilts will be absolutely fine, as will we save anyone acting like a dick obviously.

On 10/4/2016 at 4:08 PM, wanderer said:

At the end of the St Johnstone game against Trnava a few years back, some Spartak Ultras actually ran across the pitch to try to nick the Saints flags. Fortunately one of our group noticed it happening and wrestled our flag out of the guys' hands. However, they all then got so pissed that they left the flag in a pub in Bratislava and it was gone by the time they went back to get it the following day! 

So if anyone sees a 12 ft by 6 ft Edinburgh Saints Saltire on their travels around Slovakia, I'd appreciate it back!