No Trafalgar Square party! - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

No Trafalgar Square party!

ibelieve!!!

The Royal British Legion, which is hosting the service, said: “Silence in the Square will feature an hour of music and readings of reflection in the lead-up to the two-minute silence at 11am

Apparently they want Scotland fans to stay away (unless your going to join in the rememberance obviously) and are trying to think of somewhere else they can try and get the TA to go instead!

London is apparently quite a big place, so I am sure everyone who wants to have an organised meet up will find somewhere else. Personally I will not be attending the ceremony, and therefore will be nowhere near Trafalgar square during the day.

Anyone who decides that a Scotland fans piss up party is more important and turns up anyway is a complete W4nker.

1 hour ago, ibelieve!!! said:

Apparently they want Scotland fans to stay away (unless your going to join in the rememberance obviously) and are trying to think of somewhere else they can try and get the TA to go instead!

Trafalgar square is only good in the sunshine anyway

Its traditional and it happens to be fun and that's why our Dads and Granpas went to Trafalgar Square...........fun. Some might prefer the pub. Fine, go to the pub then. Some might prefer something else, go for it. Do whatever you want, there are no rules!

If Trafalgar Square is not the same as previous jaunts I'll be disappointed but there you go. I'll find somewhere else I'm sure.

P.S. It was freezing in 1999 but still bouncing.

2 hours ago, Hampden View said:

Its traditional and it happens to be fun and that's why our Dads and Granpas went to Trafalgar Square...........fun. Some might prefer the pub. Fine, go to the pub then. Some might prefer something else, go for it. Do whatever you want, there are no rules!

If Trafalgar Square is not the same as previous jaunts I'll be disappointed but there you go. I'll find somewhere else I'm sure.

P.S. It was freezing in 1999 but still bouncing.

The main reason to stay away is the Remembrance Day thing that's going on. I hope no one heads anywhere near it to drink as people will be their paying respects and seeing all the Poppy's in the fountain. They don't want to see a hoard of drunk idiot scotsman clambering around. 

3 hours ago, Byrne2711 said:

The main reason to stay away is the Remembrance Day thing that's going on. I hope no one heads anywhere near it to drink as people will be their paying respects and seeing all the Poppy's in the fountain. They don't want to see a hoard of drunk idiot scotsman clambering around. 

:ok: Exactly. No doubt there will still be a few complete twats who will turn up and make a complete arse of themselves, but I hope the vast majority will either show proper respect, or stay away altogether.

Saltire Flag Pin Badge

If anyone want's to show their respect - pin Scottish poppy pin badges are available on the Poppy Scotland website.

Lest we forget. 

Christ, how many more of these uprighteous posts do we need repeating all this ? 

We get it, it's Remembrance Day and people shouldn't act like a fannies. That goes without saying. We don't need a hundred posts with cliche phrases reminding us of it every few days. Give it a rest.

In the interests of balance an ever increasing number of us think that it's turned into a crass celebration of militarism and want nothing to do with it.

29 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Christ, how many more of these uprighteous posts do we need repeating all this ? 

We get it, it's Remembrance Day and people shouldn't act like a fannies. That goes without saying. We don't need a hundred posts with cliche phrases reminding us of it every few days. Give it a rest.

In the interests of balance an ever increasing number of us think that it's turned into a crass celebration of militarism and want nothing to do with it.

That's all good and well, but, as long as you respect others views.

17 hours ago, Byrne2711 said:

Poppies in the fountain ? They will look brilliant with the addition of about a litre of fairy liquid.

27 minutes ago, Debian said:

That's all good and well, but, as long as you respect others views.

Or else what ? I get a punch in the face for saying that I'd rather celebrate peace than death and destruction or objecting to kids being taught that the British military were always "the good guys".

I think, along with 99.9% of Tartan Army, I am more than capable of visiting Trafalgar Square and gauging the appropriate behaviour................which may or may not result in vacating if it's not appropriate to be there.

Perhaps it might even be a positive display of Tartan Army showing respect and good behaviour, although the English press are hell bent on bursting our bubble to deflect form their own fans' hooliganism

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

This

6 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Or else what ? I get a punch in the face for saying that I'd rather celebrate peace than death and destruction or objecting to kids being taught that the British military were always "the good guys".

You actually planning on going?  I always had you down as an armchair fan.

3 hours ago, aaid said:

You actually planning on going?  I always had you down as an armchair fan.

I've explained before my personal circumstances and why I prefer to save my money for the time being. Not in a position to throw around cash just like that. Doesn't make me any less of a a Scotland fan than you or anyone else.

Want to make anymore judgements about me ?

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

I've explained before my personal circumstances and why I prefer to save my money for the time being. Not in a position to throw around cash just like that. Doesn't make me any less of a a Scotland fan than you or anyone else.

Want to make anymore judgements about me ?

You're the most judgemental person on this board pal.