Saturday night in Bratislava - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Saturday night in Bratislava

Ormond

I'm on the Edinburgh to Vienna flight on the Saturday morning so will be in Bratislava for the game on Saturday night. Lone traveller and not booked any forward transport from Vienna yet so keen to meet up and tag along with any other people/groups. Staying in the hotel Tatra.

3 hours ago, jcaturra said:

I'm on the Edinburgh to Vienna flight on the Saturday morning so will be in Bratislava for the game on Saturday night. Lone traveller and not booked any forward transport from Vienna yet so keen to meet up and tag along with any other people/groups. Staying in the hotel Tatra.

Not having any luck sourcing the game as the Slovakia game is on at the same time. Going to try The Dubliner as they have been known to broadcast various games of other teams in the past.

45 minutes ago, lyonhibs said:

I've e-mailed The Dubliner to see if they're showing it.  Do we not have a TAMB member (Wubbs perhaps??) who is based in Bratislava who might know better?

I contacted several places but from those that replied nowhere is showing it due to Slovakia game at the same time.

I have been checking out places in Bratislava because Iam there till Friday.Irish bar the Dubliner address is Sedlarska 6 . 81101 tel no 421254410706 says they have sky sports.Also seen a sports bar called All Stars.Hope this helps.

38 minutes ago, DINGI said:

I have been checking out places in Bratislava because Iam there till Friday.Irish bar the Dubliner address is Sedlarska 6 . 81101 tel no 421254410706 says they have sky sports.Also seen a sports bar called All Stars.Hope this helps.

This is a small narrow street full of bars and clubs that leads down to a small square (not the main one in the old town, but one more central).... I believe Loch Ness "Scottish" Pub is on this street right next to the Dubliner and there was a Rock-Cafe place across the street from it (Barrack or something).

Being honest, I did not particularly like the cramped feel of Bratislava old town (its got a kind of Tallinn feel to it, but a lot more compact), and preferred the nightlife on Obchodna Street (this is the one with the trams going up and down it on the edge of the old town) with KGB Bar (VERY small!!!!), Slovak Pub (more a restaurant) and Bratislava Flag Ship Restaurant (great food! Owned by same guy that owns Slovak Pub)

Edited by wanderer

6 minutes ago, DINGI said:

All Stars has closed down

1 hour ago, lyonhibs said:

We might as well at least aim to meet up in the same place.  Even if it's Mission Impossible to see the game in a pub, beer is still beer and I'm not sitting in the hotel on wi-fi watching it on IraqGoals.net or similar.

Shall we aim for the Lochness with it being a 'Scottish' pub? If Dubliner is next door we can try there as a back up

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Scotland fans deliberately missing a Scotland home game to go to an away game. It truly is more about the party than the football for some folk. 

A return flight to Scotland for me usually works out at near 1000 dollars. The only reason I booked up very late on to meet my mates in Slovakia is because I found return flights for 520 dollars. Trust me, my record of attending home games since I was a boy is up there with anybody on this board.

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

A return flight to Scotland for me usually works out at near 1000 dollars. The only reason I booked up very late on to meet my mates in Slovakia is because I found return flights for 520 dollars. Trust me, my record of attending home games since I was a boy is up there with anybody on this board.

You're the only one that i wasn't actually talking about. I can understand you going to an away game over a home game, they're both away games for you! So you might as well go somewhere different. 

Just now, Parklife said:

You're the only one that i wasn't actually talking about. I can understand you going to an away game over a home game, they're both away games for you! So you might as well go somewhere different. 

I had always had London booked this year. There's no way I'd be doing Slovakia so close if it weren't for the near half price flights. I'm looking to squeeze in a trip to Tynecastle to see Saints in November though during my London trip as I have a long-ish trip booked. :ok:

58 minutes ago, Tartan-Tyke said:

Shall we aim for the Lochness with it being a 'Scottish' pub? If Dubliner is next door we can try there as a back up

Looking at their respective websites, Loch Ness seems even less likely than The Dubliner as I can't see any mention of sports or screens on it but, as you say, The Dubliner is pissing distance away in any case.

16 minutes ago, lyonhibs said:

Looking at their respective websites, Loch Ness seems even less likely than The Dubliner as I can't see any mention of sports or screens on it but, as you say, The Dubliner is pissing distance away in any case.

I am sure it did have screens when I was there, but it was just a couple of wall mounted small tv's (though I am quietly confident that it had Sky Sports News on when I was in it in 2013) its tiny any way, but as you said, its right next door to The Dubliner, so very worst you are asking them to put it on.

26 minutes ago, lyonhibs said:

Both have screens

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Scotland fans deliberately missing a Scotland home game to go to an away game. It truly is more about the party than the football for some folk. 

as opposed to all the fans who deliberately miss the away game to go to the home game?