This Weekends Games - Page 62 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

36 minutes ago, Fermer said:

You could argue he did make the best of his abilities Rossy.  He is hardly a failure though.  Top scorer of all time in SPL.  Where did it all go wrong?

Boyd left Rangers at aged 27 in 2010 which should have been the peak of his career and has scored about 60 goals since. 

Definitely not using his abilities as good as he could.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Rossy said:

Dons could have scored 9 in the first half. Second half we still dominated but created fewer chances.

The penalty was such a ridiculous joke that it's almost not worth commenting on. Dallas perceived what he was thought was going to happen and ignored what actually happened. 

Another power happy wee Hitler promoted beyond his ability. 

The Maddison booking was beyond ridiculous. Hacked down by 2 hammer throwers as he ripped the pish out of them....he'll leave Scottish football soon, and rightly so. Who wants to stay in a game where the talented are vilified and the talentless that play for shite like Hamilton, Motherwell and Plastic Whistle are rewarded ?

Nice to read a balanced objective view on the match.

:lol:

Guest BlueGaz
On 24/12/2016 at 3:51 PM, vanderark14 said:

Not pish at all. The bottom half is at least competitive where any of the six teams could go down. In other leagues that would be classed as exciting, in Scotland its pish.

If the standard of Scottish football excites you, you are easily pleased.  if you have 10 shite teams in a league together and they make it close, I can see how that is exciting. Doesn't mean the football is good though. You constantly defend its standard.

5 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

If the standard of Scottish football excites you, you are easily pleased.  if you have 10 shite teams in a league together and they make it close, I can see how that is exciting. Doesn't mean the football is good though. You constantly defend its standard.

Football to me doesn't need to be of the highest standard to be enjoyed, I'd rather watch highland league matches than the EPL or La liga. 

Im not really sure what your last sentence is about because I've never said the football is good not have I defended it. 

I would rather watch an exciting game 4-3 than watch two teams full of superstars cancelling each other out.  If it wasnt for celtic I think the league would be a good one to watch this year.  Dons and hearts maybe getting a bit of form back yesterday.  Gers slip up tonight and saturday then a good race for 2nd.  Ive said before I used to watch rangers and it was boring.  League was virtually won before started.  Same now with pals I have of celtic.  Only thing they can really get excited about now is putting huns in our place.  Anyway in a roundabout way I agree with vanderark.

Ironically Boyd almost scored early on when he caught out Rossi, but that was his one run for the evening taken care of. Blowing out his arse from then on, despite offering as much movement as  the goal posts. Spent the rest of the game shouting at the young lads in his own team, while contributing the sum total of feck all himself. However good he may once have been, he's a fat, useless waste of space now. Yet, somehow, all that considered, he's still a better player than he is a pundit. 

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Ironically, you do.

I've not read a word, far less care about the content.  I could guess it's The Sun or The Record he scribbles for, as you are clearly hanging on to everything he says. 

I'll let you continue yer hamshank over the problem pages. 

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Did anyone notice if Boyd and Cathro shook hands at the end of the game ?

With Boyd waddling off after the hour mark, he was probably on his second or third fish supper in some Gorgie chippie by full-time. So probably no hand shake.

Stellar performance by Boyd as a pundit on BT there, arguing not much difference between Hearts and Killie. Well not unless you factor in 61% possession to Hearts, with 18 shots to Killie's 5. And a score line of 4-0, with a missed penalty, a 'goal' (rightly, I think) disallowed for offside, a shot that hit the post, a candidate for miss of the season by Rossi, and three clearances off the line on top of the goals. As Boyd says though, not much in it.

58 minutes ago, giblet said:

just seen a Rangers fan invade the pitch there at Perth, anyone see which Rangers player was being assaulted?

There was a few came on the pitch, must have been a few assaults, im sure we will see all the proof

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The restraint shown by the st johnstone fans in the face of such goading was admirable!

:P

The Perth Saints are gentlemen ?

Good result for magic hat man and sir joey of garner 

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Unable to beat a Saints team that redefine the word 'uninspiring', and about to get their arses utterly tanned on Saturday. 

Looks like we reached peak-hun last weekend. 

Peak-Hun still better than your mob. GIRUY. 

Poor again. Can't score. If only games were decided on possession. FFS. 

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Peak-Hun still better than your mob. GIRUY. 

Poor again. Can't score. If only games were decided on possession. FFS. 

Combination of two things. That awful referee and we were pussies. Played like wee lassies.

2 hours ago, Pool Q said:

With Boyd waddling off after the hour mark, he was probably on his second or third fish supper in some Gorgie chippie by full-time. So probably no hand shake.

Stellar performance by Boyd as a pundit on BT there, arguing not much difference between Hearts and Killie. Well not unless you factor in 61% possession to Hearts, with 18 shots to Killie's 5. And a score line of 4-0, with a missed penalty, a 'goal' (rightly, I think) disallowed for offside, a shot that hit the post, a candidate for miss of the season by Rossi, and three clearances off the line on top of the goals. As Boyd says though, not much in it.

He did also say that there wasn't much between Rangers and Celtic last time they played. The guy is a blinkered moron.