This Weekends Games - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

You've no idea what I have on my plate this week, but I can assure you that football of any kind is well down my list of priorities. 

ok. :ok:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Im not. If you read back, your initial bed wetting about Tanner, I responded with a joke.  My response was to: 

We have a bigger game on Thursday. Rangers next Sunday is just another league game against a newly promoted lower league team. 

And then:

It's a far bigger game for Rangers fans than it is for Aberdeen fans.Y

Now you are saying it IS one of the bigger games? Make up yer mind ffs. 

Tanners comments have clearly annoyed you but I'll ask again. If this isn't a game Aberdeen fans are remotely bothered about, why will it be better attended than any other league game at Pittodrie?  Tbh I think you are just going out your way to be offended at anything. It's one of the biggest games in the callander. Aberdeen were playing. He referenced Aberdeen fans. Yer right, it truly is a scandal. 

Tanner is a condescending d1ck of the type who thinks that an OF game generates a great atmosphere when actually it's nothing more than hate-filled, sectarian bile. 

When it comes to issues regarding Scottish football, he's one of those that's part of the problem rather than the solution. 

You can keep on arguing with yourself about what you think I said. Good luck. 

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

Justice done there in a way. Would have been an entirely different game if the ref had done his job properly, although we could easily have scored 5 or 6 but for the Caley keeper and some wasteful finishing.

This has been the toughest set of opening fixtures I can remember us having for a while, so got to be happy with 13 pts from 15! ?

Thought the ref got the draper decision correct. He was very Vardy like in his attempt and just fell into sviatchenko. Was a free kick to Celtic if anything.

Including our season in the Championship, games against the OF havent been the best attended at Tynecastle in the last few seasons. In fact, I think the Rangers games were just about the only ones that didn't sell-out the home stands when we were there, although the crowd for the one at the end of the season was probably boosted a bit by the gloat/comedy potential.

I think that might have have been the case for the Celtic games last season too. Obviously the OF tend to have a bigger away support than most, but at the same time a lot of home fans just don't bother. And that is before you factor in season ticket holders who give it a miss but are still counted in the attendance, of which there are always plenty including a couple in the bunch of guys I go for a pre-match pint with in the Stratford. Proximity to an OF away support is an unpleasant experience and Tynecastle is a compact ground. Good weekend to go shopping or nip home to see the parents.

I've no idea what will happen at Pittodrie next weekend, but some Aberdeen fans must surely be tempted by Rangers form into go along.

Edited by Pool Q

6 hours ago, slasher said:

Justice done there in a way. Would have been an entirely different game if the ref had done his job properly, although we could easily have scored 5 or 6 but for the Caley keeper and some wasteful finishing.

This has been the toughest set of opening fixtures I can remember us having for a while, so got to be happy with 13 pts from 15! ?

Surely ICT shouldn't be allowed to use a goalkeeper against Celtic?  That's tantamount to cheating. 

13 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Surely ICT shouldn't be allowed to use a goalkeeper against Celtic?  That's tantamount to cheating. 

They don't usually need one, from what I recall their outfield players are usually allowed to handle as well ?

9 hours ago, Rossy said:

You're confused, and arguing a completely different point.

The statement made on Sky alluded to Aberdeen fans having waited 4 years for this game. 

We haven't. We haven't missed Rangers one bit and we don't care if we have wait another 24 years before we play Rangers again. Our crowds have increased and there hasn't been one minute when any Aberdeen fan has pined to play Rangers again.

It's this kind of inane, arrogant, stereotypical drivel from our football commentators that insults non-OF fans and gives the world the impression that the rest of Scottish football is grateful when the OF decide to throw the rest of us few crumbs. 

On a completely different point, and one I'm not trying to argue, is that obviously this is one of the season's 'bigger'games. There's no denying that.

That's not what Tanner smugly came out with on Sky though.

Your apology is accepted,,,, :ok:

Your compatriots at AFC chat seem to have missed the fixture to be fair. 

Screen_Shot_2016_09_19_at_01_45_00.png

Screen_Shot_2016_09_19_at_01_45_18.png

Screen_Shot_2016_09_19_at_01_47_22.png

Screen_Shot_2016_09_19_at_01_50_32.png

7 hours ago, GRBear said:

Your compatriots at AFC chat seem to have missed the fixture to be fair. 

Screen_Shot_2016_09_19_at_01_45_00.png

Screen_Shot_2016_09_19_at_01_45_18.png

Screen_Shot_2016_09_19_at_01_47_22.png

Screen_Shot_2016_09_19_at_01_50_32.png

There are a few who will have missed this fixture, weve got idiots among our support too. I haven't missed this match, I'm back home for a visit and won't be going, I'm going to st Johnstone match on Thursday. It's a far more important match for us because it's in a competition we can actually win.

3 hours ago, Spark said:

Should be entertaining stuff on Sunday. I'll be tuned in to the telly for sure

I'm surprised the rangers fans are coming up to Aberdeen, were we not pat of the boycotting? I forget if we were on the list or not.

39 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm surprised the rangers fans are coming up to Aberdeen, were we not pat of the boycotting? I forget if we were on the list or not.

fc,550x550,white.jpg

Surely we'll be getting boycotted... 

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

fc,550x550,white.jpg

Surely we'll be getting boycotted... 

Don't worry lads we'll be there. You'll get your Rangers fix.....   ;)

11 hours ago, ShedTA said:

About time Aberdeen bowed and applauded the Rangers.  Good on you boys !!!!!!!  Maybe my thoughts towards the fans will change now.  Hmmm, food for thought. Hopefully Rangers will sort out a banner saying thank you, its the least they should do.