This Weekends Games - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Still full of joy I see :)

I just detest the casual throwaway from a Scottish media commentator that every non-OF fan holds their breath in anticipation of a visit from the pish-stained hordes with their sectarianism and bigotry.

We don't, I can assure you of that. We have a bigger game on Thursday. Rangers next Sunday is just another league game against a newly promoted lower league team. 

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I just detest the casual throwaway from a Scottish media commentator that every non-OF fan holds their breath in anticipation of a visit from the pish-stained hordes with their sectarianism and bigotry.

We don't, I can assure you of that. We have a bigger game on Thursday. Rangers next Sunday is just another league game against a newly promoted lower league team. 

Whilst I fully agree with the sentiment, I think we all know that the Pittodrie crowd will ensure that next week will be far from "just another league game against a newly promoted lower league team".

Pretending otherwise will not change that fact. 

41 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Aye I'm sure your ticket sales will reflect that. Keep kidding yourself dafty :D

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

It's a far bigger game for Rangers fans than it is for Aberdeen fans.

Don't talk nonsense. Thats what you WANT to believe mate and maybe you do personally, but the reality is, this will be one of, if not, the best attended match at Pittodrie this season, and you are now greeting because a pundit has pointed that out.  

I'm sure the irony isn't lost on you that thousands of your fans will turn out to scream 'you're no Rangers anymore' over and over again. 

13 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Don't talk nonsense. Thats what you WANT to believe mate and maybe you do personally, but the reality is, this will be one of, if not, the best attended match at Pittodrie this season, and you are now greeting because a pundit has pointed that out.  

I'm sure the irony isn't lost on you that thousands of your fans will turn out to scream 'you're no Rangers anymore' over and over again. 

Of course it's a bigger game for Rangers fans.

In the last 4 years, while Aberdeen have been winning trophies, competing at the top of the league and doing well in Europe, Rangers have been doing tours of the footballing backwaters and suffering humiliations in Annan and Alloa, amongst others.

Not once, ever, have I heard a Dons fan say Í wish Rangers were back in the top league'.

You and your like have been dreaming of the day you can play a big team like Aberdeen again.

6 minutes ago, Rossy said:

In the last 4 years, while Aberdeen have been winning trophies, competing at the top of the league and doing well in Europe, Rangers have been doing tours of the footballing backwaters and suffering humiliations in Annan and Alloa, amongst others.

Not once, ever, have I heard a Dons fan say Í wish Rangers were back in the top league'.

You and your like have been dreaming of the day you can play a big team like Aberdeen again.

100% 

However, the new club appear to have the same shameful issues. Hopefully the 1000 mile round trip will be 'worth it.' ;)

If SKY don't know the christian name of Maddison, there's no way they'll be able to convey how old the new club are.....

SF

28 minutes ago, Rossy said:

And yet still, your fans will save their biggest turn out of the season for Rangers? Weird one that. Just a coincidence I assume? 

For the record I'm not claiming this ISN'T a big game for us, or our support so I'm not sure why you started slavering about that.  When I was going regularly it was always one of the first away games I looked for. Even when we were qualifying for the Champions League and you lot were battling relegation (since you seem to think that has some sort of relevance)

But then I'm not deluded or in denial about that.  Just like the pundit wasn't today and just like your home support won't be next week when they turn out in huge numbers. 

16 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

And yet still, your fans will save their biggest turn out of the season for Rangers? Weird one that. Just a coincidence I assume? 

For the record I'm not claiming this ISN'T a big game for us, or our support so I'm not sure why you started slavering about that.  When I was going regularly it was always one of the first away games I looked for. Even when we were qualifying for the Champions League and you lot were battling relegation (since you seem to think that has some sort of relevance)

But then I'm not deluded or in denial about that.  Just like the pundit wasn't today and just like your home support won't be next week when they turn out in huge numbers. 

You're confused, and arguing a completely different point.

The statement made on Sky alluded to Aberdeen fans having waited 4 years for this game. 

We haven't. We haven't missed Rangers one bit and we don't care if we have wait another 24 years before we play Rangers again. Our crowds have increased and there hasn't been one minute when any Aberdeen fan has pined to play Rangers again.

It's this kind of inane, arrogant, stereotypical drivel from our football commentators that insults non-OF fans and gives the world the impression that the rest of Scottish football is grateful when the OF decide to throw the rest of us few crumbs. 

On a completely different point, and one I'm not trying to argue, is that obviously this is one of the season's 'bigger'games. There's no denying that.

That's not what Tanner smugly came out with on Sky though.

Your apology is accepted,,,, :ok:

Justice done there in a way. Would have been an entirely different game if the ref had done his job properly, although we could easily have scored 5 or 6 but for the Caley keeper and some wasteful finishing.

This has been the toughest set of opening fixtures I can remember us having for a while, so got to be happy with 13 pts from 15! ?

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

I bet s like you talk about it all week though.  :ok:

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

I wish. Unfortunately I have more pressing matters on my mind this week. 

No you dont.  Being a total fkin erse is what you do.  I'm fairly confident you will deliver.  Will give you 2/1 to get my money back B)

Edited by BlueGaz

Im not. If you read back, to your initial bed wetting about Tanner, I responded with a joke.  My response was to: 

We have a bigger game on Thursday. Rangers next Sunday is just another league game against a newly promoted lower league team. 

And then:

It's a far bigger game for Rangers fans than it is for Aberdeen fans.Y

Now you are saying it IS one of the bigger games? Make up yer mind ffs. 

Tanners comments have clearly annoyed you but I'll ask again. If this isn't a game Aberdeen fans are remotely bothered about, why will it be better attended than any other league game at Pittodrie?  Tbh I think you are just going out your way to be offended at anything. It's one of the biggest games in the callander. Aberdeen were playing. He referenced Aberdeen fans. Yer right, it truly is a scandal. 

Edited by Angus_Young

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

No you dont.  Being a total fkin erse is what you do.  I'm fairly confident you will deliver.  Will give you 2/1 to get my money back B)

You've no idea what I have on my plate this week, but I can assure you that football of any kind is well down my list of priorities.