This Weekends Games - Page 135 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, macy37 said:

A late tackle no studs up is a red?

Take away it's Broon..... 

:lol: totally took him out. Red all day for me. Only you disagreeing so far. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannae beat a team of teuchters fae the smallest town in  the Highlands. 

Rogers looks like a man under pressure with his paranoid, ranting interview. Thank God it wisnae a big European game against a team from Gibraltar.

:lol:

Just now, BlueGaz said:

:lol: totally took him out. Red all day for me. Only you disagreeing so far. 

With a late challenge. Magnifies how pussyfied the game is now that every khunt sees that as a red. 

The game is full of pussies. 

Loving the justification of the dive too. It's acceptable according to many as Ross need points. 

The world is fecked. 

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, macy37 said:

With a late challenge. Magnifies how pussyfied the game is now that every khunt sees that as a red. 

Loving the justification of the dive too. It's acceptable according to many as Ross need points. 

The world is fecked. 

The latter was disgraceful. If it's not a red, the appeal will be successful. 

5 minutes ago, macy37 said:

The world is fecked. 

Just seen McIntyres interview and he's admitting his player dived but attempted to justify it by saying it's the defenders fault for pulling out of the tackle. ? 

Just now, BlueGaz said:

The latter was disgraceful. If it's not a red, the appeal will be successful. 

I'd be happier to take the red with the diver being disciplined and referee suspended.

Referee will likely be promoted and certainly won't be pulled up. It's a great job to have referring, make mistakes weekly and continue with your job no issues.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, macy37 said:

I'd be happier to take the red with the diver being disciplined and referee suspended.

Referee will likely be promoted and certainly won't be pulled up. It's a great job to have referring, make mistakes weekly and continue with your job no issues.

He is the ref on Sunday.  I think he is a good ref. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, macy37 said:

Yes, clearly a cracker.

He's not really. I agree professional refs should be held responsible, particularly with decisions such as this one. 

What punishment can potentially be given to the player? You have to give it every time if you give it once. Others have got away with it recently. Aberdeens keeper last week. 

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, slasher said:

What happens if we appeal Broony's red card?

Gets put on hold until heard. He will play Sunday. 

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

He's not really. I agree professional refs should be held responsible, particularly with decisions such as this one. 

What punishment can potentially be given to the player? You have to give it every time if you give it once. Others have got away with it recently. Aberdeens keeper last week. 

There's the issue. Blatant cheating is horrible to see in any game so red the fuxers out during games and after by video evidence. Surely it would soon stop no? 

At present it's pretty much just accepted as is horrendous refereeing performances.

if I make a khunt of my job I'm held responsible but not these khunts.

11 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I think diving is an offence that should be open to retrospective punishment based on examination of video evidence after the game.

21 minutes ago, slasher said:

What happens if we appeal Broony's red card?

17 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Gets put on hold until heard. He will play Sunday. 

Appeal needs to be held before Thursday apparently. 

22 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I think diving is an offence that should be open to retrospective punishment based on examination of video evidence after the game.

It is currently.  I remember Sone Aluko getting done for it.  

I'd expect the ICT boy to get a retrospective ban for that dive. Poor show from the ref, and surely the linesman had a view?

Browns red in isolation was a strong yellow, possibly slightly harsh red, but in the context of the game etc. can see why it was red, it was reckless.

Brown normally gets 3 of those for free in the first half, before getting booked after 70+ minutes of clattering in to folk then strutting about puffing his chest out. So he's probably still 15 yellow cards short of breaking even for the season.

There has been numerous Celtic dives this season and  I even remember Broon clearly diving in his own penalty box recently after a challenge from Kenny Millar - the cameras didnt even show it again - and there lies the true corruption in Scottish Football - any other team it would be replayed endlessly and retrospective bans demanded.

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'd expect the ICT boy to get a retrospective ban for that dive. Poor show from the ref, and surely the linesman had a view?

Browns red in isolation was a strong yellow, possibly slightly harsh red, but in the context of the game etc. can see why it was red, it was reckless.

Brown normally gets 3 of those for free in the first half, before getting booked after 70+ minutes of clattering in to folk then strutting about puffing his chest out. So he's probably still 15 yellow cards short of breaking even for the season.

He got red carded as Ref got caught up in the moment. Tackle was a yellow nothing more but Ref got all horny with himself as the fracas began. Let's be honest about it eh?

It was Ross County by the way.

9 minutes ago, macy37 said:

He got red carded as Ref got caught up in the moment. Tackle was a yellow nothing more but Ref got all horny with himself as the fracas began. Let's be honest about it eh?

It was Ross County by the way.

Mix up those highland teams.

Scott Brown got caught up in the moment, not the ref.

I saw a Motherwell player (Carl Mchugh v Hearts) get a straight red for a similar tackle where he got the ball, Scott Brown didn't even try to win the ball.

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Mix up those highland teams.

Scott Brown got caught up in the moment, not the ref.

I saw a Motherwell player (Carl Mchugh v Hearts) get a straight red for a similar tackle where he got the ball, Scott Brown didn't even try to win the ball.

Nonsense. Of course he tried to win the ball , failed granted.

Lets also not forget there was a yellow card shown for the 'foul' for the penalty and there were no yellows or reds shown to any players lifting their hands to each other during the fracas. An absolutely shocking bit of refereeing that goes unpunished. The game really is ridiculous.