This Weekends Games - Page 63 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

Guest BlueGaz
8 hours ago, Ormond said:

Combination of two things. That awful referee and we were pussies. Played like wee lassies.

Agree on both accounts.  I knew it wasn't going to be an easy game against you, but it didn't pan out how I though from both teams to be fair.  The only thing about the 'gifted' goal is that it doesn't happen more often.  Hate their persistence to play out from the back.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, OLAS said:

I've not read a word, far less care about the content.  I could guess it's The Sun or The Record he scribbles for, as you are clearly hanging on to everything he says. 

I'll let you continue yer hamshank over the problem pages. 

???? 

I'm guessing Frosty Jack.

Edited by Debian

12 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Steven Anderson embarrassing himself greeting that he was punched. On seeing the incident, what an absolute pussy.

The ref was pish and we should've had a penalty in the first half but Anderson needs to toughen up.

Haven't seen any of the game as it was my youngests birthday party last night. 

Was it as handbags as my mate said? He's a slightly biased bluenose so finds it hard to be fair. ?

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Haven't seen any of the game as it was my youngests birthday party last night. 

Was it as handbags as my mate said? He's a slightly biased bluenose so finds it hard to be fair. ?

What Anderson is greeting about is pathetic. It's a contact sport and he needs to remember that.

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

What Anderson is greeting about is pathetic. It's a contact sport and he needs to remember that.

I do get a bit tired of all the whining about the physical side of the game these days.  Sometimes youre going to get punched and kicked. You just need to dish it out to. 

I'm sure if the Compliance Officer has it reported to him it'll be a retrospective red. Intent is the only measure he's interested in. 

Woah.

There's no grey area in the laws of the game that takes into account if you punched like a little girl or not. 

If you attempt to punch someone, this is a red card offence. 

As pointed out, the only important aspect is intent. It's fairly obvious that Kiernan intended to throw a punch....no matter how 'weak' the punch was.

He should undoubtedly, get a red card suspension.

20 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Woah.

There's no grey area in the laws of the game that takes into account if you punched like a little girl or not. 

If you attempt to punch someone, this is a red card offence. 

As pointed out, the only important aspect is intent. It's fairly obvious that Kiernan intended to throw a punch....no matter how 'weak' the punch was.

He should undoubtedly, get a red card suspension.

This, I don't get why there is a debate. 

Sleekit b@stard.

Red card simple as that. 

Guest BlueGaz
9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Presumably with the Rooney dive at fir park.

They might be available to fit him in with the day they have set aside for Maddison.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

To be fair he got booked.

He wasn't diving anyway he'd anticipate a hammer thrower challenge.

Maddison has been booked 3 times for simulation. One rescinded, the 2nd also should have been. The one vs Hamilton appears to be the only one that you could even half accuse him of it. 

Im not sure he'll give a toss TBH. He'll be gone soon and the rest of us can get back to a level where guys like lasley, draper and tokely can thrive :ok: 

5 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Rooney dived and should get banned. Keirnan threw a punch and should get banned.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ben Heneghan gets a ban too. (If Rooney does, he definitely will).

They mentioned that any retrospective action on Kieran wouldn't be until January. Surprised at that as it's a busy time in football, so would've thought administrators would be working through Christmas and new year. Rather than working in the winter break.

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Do you not think it was a dive and that Rooney cheated?

Having watched it a few times now I think I would agree. 

Maddison dived and rightly got booked. I suspect he was anticipating being clattered like you say. That's not excusing him either.

For me, the players know that they'll (Be allowed to) 'get away with it' more often than not.

Not being seen to apply the rules consistently / retrospectively even, (At all in some cases) is the root cause in terms of the above. I suspect most fans are fed up being cheated too, and a lot are drifting away.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Do you not think it was a dive and that Rooney cheated?

I think the balance of probabilities lean towards Rooney diving. It's certainly not clear cut though  

The fact that is the thing your commenting on in reference to that game sums it up for me. 

57 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think the balance of probabilities lean towards Rooney diving. It's certainly not clear cut though  

The fact that is the thing your commenting on in reference to that game sums it up for me. 

Maybe the compliance officer will have a look at the thug who put in the over the ball tackle on Shinnie's knee. 

Could be a busy meeting.

32 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Maybe the compliance officer will have a look at the thug who put in the over the ball tackle on Shinnie's knee. 

Could be a busy meeting.

Not even a free kick. Only in Scotland.