This Weekends Games - Page 43 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

If you press Rangers at Ibrox, then they panic as Saints showed earlier in the season. Forget the pish that's been mentioned earlier in this thread about Aberdeen being the only team coming for 3 points. Saints had Rangers on the back foot. After Rangers had equalised we pushed and Rangers didn't like it at all. They had no idea what to do when we were pushing for a winner.

Aye I've said it countless times mate. Press us high, and we immediately struggle, due to us being not great in midfield. Very lightweight in there. Hearts ran  over us on Wednesday. Tbf Aberdeen started like that on Saturday, but we were much better organised and tightened up.   Clint Hill deserves a good bit of credit for that at the weekend imo. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Aye I've said it countless times mate. Press us high, and we immediately struggle, due to us being not great in midfield. Very lightweight in there. Hearts ran  over us on Wednesday. Tbf Aberdeen started like that on Saturday, but we were much better organised and tightened up.   Clint Hill deserves a good bit of credit for that at the weekend imo. 

I try and stream what games I can and what I've seen of Rangers this does seem to be the issue. Vanderark was spot on. Teams are playing Rangers of the 90s and not the current team. Push high up against them and they panic.

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Do you know how much crap you come out with? :lol: 

My qualifications are none of your business, thanks. 

You have a way with friendliness kid. Trying to be nice to u doesnt work.  Lets meet for an arm wrestle.  Half the proceeds go to Tartan Army Fund.  Other 60% go to the winner?

17 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Aberdeen under McInnes are not a team that generally press opponents high. We're not a Hearts that deliberately set out at 200 mph and take turns booting players up into the air. 

Maybe we should be. 

5 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Aberdeen under McInnes are not a team that generally press opponents high. We're not a Hearts that deliberately set out at 200 mph and take turns booting players up into the air. 

Maybe we should be. 

One minute Aberdeen are second best team in scotland.  Next minute you want the manager sacked.  Same with Rangers fans.  Up until yesterday tehy wanted warburton sacked.  Fickle bunch the fitba fans.  I hae one drop in my Glenlivet left.  And I will charge that to my hero.  Ally Mcleod.  He was a leader of men in our generation. I was at his funeral in Ayr.  And proud to say that.

2 minutes ago, Fermer said:

One minute Aberdeen are second best team in scotland.  Next minute you want the manager sacked.  Same with Rangers fans.  Up until yesterday tehy wanted warburton sacked.  Fickle bunch the fitba fans.  I hae one drop in my Glenlivet left.  And I will charge that to my hero.  Ally Mcleod.  He was a leader of men in our generation. I was at his funeral in Ayr.  And proud to say that.

Definitely Big Ron. :lol:

1 minute ago, Fermer said:

what u on about kid?  who is big ron?  and for your question earlier I teach economics and other business subjects.  also a male model part time.  gloves mind.

Sweaty Jock needs a sign in soon bud. :P

43 minutes ago, Fermer said:

You have a way with friendliness kid. Trying to be nice to u doesnt work.  Lets meet for an arm wrestle.  Half the proceeds go to Tartan Army Fund.  Other 60% go to the winner?

Ormond is right, you're definitely a Ron login :lol:

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

Maybe we should be. 

Haha aye fair enough. As I said earlier in the thread, you did comes out and at us, early on. We defenitely seemed a lot more organised to deal with it, than Wednesday.

Guest BlueGaz
11 hours ago, Ormond said:

I try and stream what games I can and what I've seen of Rangers this does seem to be the issue. Vanderark was spot on. Teams are playing Rangers of the 90s and not the current team. Push high up against them and they panic.

He isnt right though.  Most teams have pushed high up against us and that part is then correct, we do panic or just can't handle it.  Pushing high up against us at Ibrox this season has been one of the main issues, and hence the not so good results.  Don't know why Aberdeen never done it for most of the game, but we were a lot more comfortable at the back on Saturday due to them not doing it and having more time.

32 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

He isnt right though.  Most teams have pushed high up against us and that part is then correct, we do panic or just can't handle it.  Pushing high up against us at Ibrox this season has been one of the main issues, and hence the not so good results.  Don't know why Aberdeen never done it for most of the game, but we were a lot more comfortable at the back on Saturday due to them not doing it and having more time.

Aye I'm not sure I'm buying this 'Rangers 90's point either'. Some teams have sat in though, but been very well organised, which can be just as effective against us. We have lacked a real cutting edge in the final third this term, and for all our possession, we don't generally create many clear cut chances. As I said earlier mate, I dont think Hill's contribution, on Saturday, should be overlooked either.  Ive been pretty scathing of our defence, but I thought he was excellent. We were a lot more organised, than recent weeks. 

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Interesting to see Halliday shown up in the Sportscene highlights as an injury feigning cheat. 

Interesting you mention that but don't mention your keepers antics in the same light?  I will say both were stupid on Saturday and attempted to cheat.