This Weekends Games - Page 42 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

27 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

It was a good performance - nothing more, nothing less.  You don't expect anyone to ever say that Rangers played well do you?  Of course not, especially Aberdeen fans.  Because we are not putting very good performances in, consistently, is why we are floating around the mix with Aberdeen and Hearts etc.  And as long as we play shite will continue to be at their level.  Def for the rest of this season I suspect.

I said you played well after the goal. Don't let facts get in the way of things though ;) 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
39 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Rangers haven't been shocking all season.

No, you are correct Rossy.  We played really well against Killy at home and we played well yesterday.  But thats it my friend, the rest of the games have been poor and nowhere near the standard they should be.  It will come, I'm sure, when, i don't know. 

Pre-season and into this season I would have been happy with a top 6 finish, Euro qualification would have been great.  But being in around 2nd, and being so, so poor this year, is very disappointing. 

5 hours ago, macy37 said:

What an utter fanny McGhee is. He really is a bitter khunt.

Reminds me of a poster on here.

Not that a I disagree on your first sentence, but why?

He was (as always) pretty complimentary about Celtic, other than the assistant, whoever he is? :P

23 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Rangers haven't been shocking all season. They've been pretty much at the same level as Hearts and Aberdeen.....good some weeks, poor the next week, but in general just a wee bit more consistent than the rest of the league.

I think that's how most predicted it would be at the start of the season.

Given the money Rangers have thrown at their team, that's up to you Rangers fans to tell us if you think that's good enough or not.

true about money side rossy. 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I said you played well after the goal. Don't let facts get in the way of things though ;) 

if it wasnt for my cup tie knee I would come to Falkirk and leather you.  But the knee keeps playing up!!

Haven't seen any of the Rangers vs Aberdeen game yesterday, but I can only assume Rangers played a lot better than they did on Wednesday night.  They were, comfortably, the worst team we have played all season. I said I assumed they weren't usually that bad, a number of Rangers fans said that they had been. Didn't stack up with their league position. Reasonable to expect some sort of reaction from Rangers after Wednesday I suppose, but surprised at the result. Lack of consistency from too many teams in the league, second and third is wide open.

23 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Haven't seen any of the Rangers vs Aberdeen game yesterday, but I can only assume Rangers played a lot better than they did on Wednesday night.  They were, comfortably, the worst team we have played all season. I said I assumed they weren't usually that bad, a number of Rangers fans said that they had been. Didn't stack up with their league position. Reasonable to expect some sort of reaction from Rangers after Wednesday I suppose, but surprised at the result. Lack of consistency from too many teams in the league, second and third is wide open.

They raise their game when playing the big teams.

56 minutes ago, Fermer said:

true about money side rossy. 

if it wasnt for my cup tie knee I would come to Falkirk and leather you.  But the knee keeps playing up!!

Excuse me? 

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Rangers haven't been shocking all season. They've been pretty much at the same level as Hearts and Aberdeen.....good some weeks, poor the next week, but in general just a wee bit more consistent than the rest of the league.

I think that's how most predicted it would be at the start of the season.

Given the money Rangers have thrown at their team, that's up to you Rangers fans to tell us if you think that's good enough or not.

I just did. We've been very poor for the most part, utterly shambolic at times, and our new signings have added very little, so far. Great day yesterday, and much much more like it in the second half, but we still have a long way to go. 

When is it you think we have played well out of interest? I'll take Blue Gaz's one about Killie but that apart, I'm struggling. 

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

Given how both sides performed in.their respective games prior to Saturday, I don't think anything could be predicted. 

I understand us (fans) saying we have been shite, but occupying 2nd place,  will rub some of you up the wrong way, but for once I agree with Rossy. Our wage bill is comfortably double that of the teams around us, and so far it hasn't looked like it's been spent wisely. Couple that with the way we have been playing every week, the support are certainly getting impatient.

9 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Well there's the Saline Motors Cup for a start. We beat peterhead in last year's final. 

And dont forget the Championship. Europe's best footballing side, Hibernian, ply their trade in that division. That's got to count for something?  

No !!!

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

I just did. We've been very poor for the most part, utterly shambolic at times, and our new signings have added very little, so far. Great day yesterday, and much much more like it in the second half, but we still have a long way to go. 

When is it you think we have played well out of interest? I'll take Blue Gaz's one about Killie but that apart, I'm struggling. 

I thought that Rangers played well at Pittodrie (and said it at the time). You deserved something out of the game there. 

Aside from Wednesday, what I've seen of Rangers this season suggests a compact side that enjoy passing the ball, but have a weakness in defence and can't put the ball in the net as much as they maybe should. 

Very, very similar to Aberdeen in fact. 

33 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I thought that Rangers played well at Pittodrie (and said it at the time). You deserved something out of the game there. 

Aside from Wednesday, what I've seen of Rangers this season suggests a compact side that enjoy passing the ball, but have a weakness in defence and can't put the ball in the net as much as they maybe should. 

Very, very similar to Aberdeen in fact. 

I agree we deserved something out of that, but don't agree that we played particularly well, neither team did imo. Game reminded me a lot of the first 45 minutes on Saturday. 

We do keep the ball, that's true, but we have been really struggling to create  clear cut chances, and when we do have a real knack of not taking them. You boys have been inconsistent, fair enough, but when you have won (Rangers apart) you have done so convincingly. Apart from Killie,  and tbf Saturday, that hasnt Been the case for us. Keep in mind 3 of our victories have come from injury time winners. Great that we are fighting to the end, but probably masks pretty inept performances overall. 

49 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

I agree we deserved something out of that, but don't agree that we played particularly well, neither team did imo. Game reminded me a lot of the first 45 minutes on Saturday. 

We do keep the ball, that's true, but we have been really struggling to create  clear cut chances, and when we do have a real knack of not taking them. You boys have been inconsistent, fair enough, but when you have won (Rangers apart) you have done so convincingly. Apart from Killie,  and tbf Saturday, that hasnt Been the case for us. Keep in mind 3 of our victories have come from injury time winners. Great that we are fighting to the end, but probably masks pretty inept performances overall. 

If you press Rangers at Ibrox, then they panic as Saints showed earlier in the season. Forget the pish that's been mentioned earlier in this thread about Aberdeen being the only team coming for 3 points. Saints had Rangers on the back foot. After Rangers had equalised we pushed and Rangers didn't like it at all. They had no idea what to do when we were pushing for a winner.

6 minutes ago, Fermer said:

If it wasny for yon knee!!.  Do you know how lucky you are?  If you are qualified (highly).  What is it in?  Hope it's no tai kwon do.

Do you know how much crap you come out with? :lol: 

My qualifications are none of your business, thanks.