The Good C**t List - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Good C**t List

He even followed me on Twitter for re-tweeting a pro-independence tweet of his. :blush:

I have never been a huge Public Enemy fan - or a huge rap fan - but I have always respected him for being an intelligent guy who keeps an eye on what is going on in the world, including, it would seem, oor wee independence debate (now, sadly, for the time being, deid in the water).

aye, hes a clever guy

his book "fight the power, rap race and reality" is well worth a read

"fight the power, race rap and reality"

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bremner was a devious bunny rabbit. Started the campaign saying he was leaning to Yes, anyone who listened to him saw he was not though. A clear calculated move to give himself some publicity on a somewhat flagging career.

Only came out for No in the last few weeks and lo and behold he became a spokesman for them at debates and performed at their wee party.

Oh well, expunge him from the list then.

I saw a few thing he had tweeted where he was critical of the three Westminster party leaders, saying that although independence is risky what kind of an alternative are they (or words to that effect). Sounds like he was doing a Euan Morrison though.

aye, hes a clever guy

his book "fight the power, rap race and reality" is well worth a read

"fight the power, race rap and reality"

Cheers Dan, I might give that a shot some time.

Edited by scotlad

All the raith fans i go to games with and my wife who was a no voter for a long time in fact she threatened to divorce me if i voted yes.She then was undecided when i went dortmund until voting day when she voted YES. :ok:

These lads are all dead now. They never got to cast a vote in a Scottish independence referendum but it was thanks to their hard work and sacrifices long ago that we were able to at least stand up and be counted when Scotland needed us last week.

Whether it was William Gillies and Ruairidh Erskine's Scots National League, John MacLean's Scottish Workers Republican Party, or the early founders of the old National Party of Scotland which would eventually become the SNP, they all played a part in getting our national movement to where it is today.

Gone but never forgotten....

Dr Robert McIntyre, Prof. Douglas Young, Arthur Donaldson, John MacLean, Bruce Watson, Robert Cunninghame-Graham, William Gillies, Compton Mackenzie, Ruairidh Erskine and Hugh MacDiarmid.

And to those nationalists who recently passed on such as Donald Stewart, Willie Wolfe, Neil MacCormick, Jimmy Halliday, Iain MacCormack and of course the already mentioned Margo MacDonald.

These lads are all dead now. They never got to cast a vote in a Scottish independence referendum but it was thanks to their hard work and sacrifices long ago that we were able to at least stand up and be counted when Scotland needed us last week.

Whether it was William Gillies and Ruairidh Erskine's Scots National League, John MacLean's Scottish Workers Republican Party, or the early founders of the old National Party of Scotland which would eventually become the SNP, they all played a part in getting our national movement to where it is today.

Gone but never forgotten....

Dr Robert McIntyre, Prof. Douglas Young, Arthur Donaldson, John MacLean, Bruce Watson, Robert Cunninghame-Graham, William Gillies, Compton Mackenzie, Ruairidh Erskine and Hugh MacDiarmid.

And to those nationalists who recently passed on such as Donald Stewart, Willie Wolfe, Neil MacCormick, Jimmy Halliday, Iain MacCormack and of course the already mentioned Margo MacDonald.

Outstanding :ok:

Can we add Alan Little to the list in spite of who his employer is O_O

Article from earlier on today:

But is that it - job done, union saved? No-one thinks that any more.

Think of the heavy artillery that was pressed into service in defence of the Union in the last weeks of the campaign.

Almost all the mainstream media were hostile to independence.

The banks would move to London. The financial services industry would collapse. Mortgage payments would rise. Scotland would have to get in the queue behind Kosovo for EU membership. The oil was running out.

There would be no pound in your pocket and the supermarkets would put their prices up. We love you Scotland, London politicians said, but if you vote "Yes" we will send armed guards to the border.

And still 45% voted "Yes". I think the three main parties at Westminster should be worried about that.

• 7 years later...