Club colours on tour - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Club colours on tour

Harrywrag

Perhaps I am getting old. First game I travelled to was Belgium in 2001.  Was expressly told no club colours on tour. You support Scotland, you display Scotland.  Saw Aberdeen, Hibs, QoS, Morton and Livi tops.  Like e I said, maybe getting old but think club colours stay at home.  Also, Lee Wallace is a grass towels? Interested to get some feedback - or perception. Cheers. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Hibs and a Livi top.  First Livingston top i've ever seen in real life haha!  Rather club tops than the guys I saw with Iceland tops/flags.....I think that's a little bit cringe but on the whole what folk where doesn't bother me. 

Edited by Radian

2001 was my first away game too and it was made clear to me too no club colours. Suppose it's historically to avoid all the old firm bull. Have always seen a few Morton tartan tops etc and even saw a pink Ayr rugby top yesterday. I'm sure most people have enough Scotland tops in their wardrobe to avoid the need for club colours.....?

4 hours ago, Harrywrag said:

Perhaps I am getting old. First game I travelled to was Belgium in 2001.  Was expressly told no club colours on tour. You support Scotland, you display Scotland.  Saw Aberdeen, Hibs, QoS, Morton and Livi tops.  Like e I said, maybe getting old but think club colours stay at home.  Also, Lee Wallace is a grass towels? Interested to get some feedback - or perception. Cheers. 

1 hour ago, teale27 said:

2001 was my first away game too and it was made clear to me too no club colours. Suppose it's historically to avoid all the old firm bull. Have always seen a few Morton tartan tops etc and even saw a pink Ayr rugby top yesterday. I'm sure most people have enough Scotland tops in their wardrobe to avoid the need for club colours.....?

By who? By people who think they get a say in what other people wear?

I tend to wear Scotland colours on the day of a game, but in Faro last year I think I had a club strip on the day after the game when I was wondering about in the sunshine. What's the big deal? I also had jeans on instead of a kilt if that upsets anyone.

11 hours ago, Harrywrag said:

8 hours ago, teale27 said:

Unbelievable. 

Who exactly mentioned this? There must've been a rule book that I missed. 

I would much rather see this than the utter cretin dancing about in a bikini that I'll never unsee on Facebook. 

Absolute embarassment of a human being,but it seems accepted as he was only having fun. 

Would love to see him do that in (insert Main Street of town here) on a Sunday night in Scotland. 

Utter tosser. 

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Unbelievable. 

Who exactly mentioned this? There must've been a rule book that I missed. 

I would much rather see this than the utter cretin dancing about in a bikini that I'll never unsee on Facebook. 

Absolute embarassment of a human being,but it seems accepted as he was only having fun. 

Would love to see him do that in (insert Main Street of town here) on a Sunday night in Scotland. 

Utter tosser. 

Agreed. Folk are moaning about fans wearing a football strip yet there's guys applauding this tosser and folk like him on every trip.

Most these attention seeking clowns don't even watch the game. 

11 hours ago, Debian said:

It's alright though if you're a Dons fan. Some in Hugos bar right now putting on their club tunes. ???

I agree with squirrel though about folk getting their bangers oot. It's weird as and really creepy 

I was in hugos most of yesterday but didn't here a dons song? Which one was It?

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed. Folk are moaning about fans wearing a football strip yet there's guys applauding this tosser and folk like him on every trip.

Most these attention seeking clowns don't even watch the game. 

There's also a video doing the rounds on Twitter of a Scotland fan standing on someone's car to large cheers while s young couple are in it. (To be fair the majority of the crowd look embarrassed by his actions).

http://www.twitter.com/ColinPark72

Edited by Dunty

9 minutes ago, Boynze said:

is the odd ball who looks like droopy dog that wears the full tartan suit (from some hole in Ayrshire) still going? used to carry a toy dog around with him.

Sure I clocked him on the TV before k.o. on Sunday.

Ayrshire again - I see a pattern emerging...

22 minutes ago, Boynze said:

is the odd ball who looks like droopy dog that wears the full tartan suit (from some hole in Ayrshire) still going? used to carry a toy dog around with him.

I've always wondered what the story is with that guy.

23 minutes ago, deecie said:

I've always wondered what the story is with that guy.

Ayrshire guy who has only missed one game in last 30 years [ I think].

Bumped into him  a few times, pleasant enough. Does have more than one outfit thankfully.