US Open - Tennis - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

US Open - Tennis

vanderark14

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Another retiral for Djokovic last night.  That's 3 out of 5 games so far this tournament.  Probably not the worst thing in the world when you're carrying a hand injury to play as little tennis as possible!  He certainly won't be burnt out by the time he gets to the final.

3 walkovers! :blink:  That's got to be unprecedented?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bannannan said:

He's been in the final before.Dangerous.

I'm familiar with Nishikori. I watch pretty much every tournament all year long...

His game is similar to Andy's but just not as good in any aspect. He has no big weapons that Andy can't outgun. A loss to him would be monumentally frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm familiar with Nishikori. I watch pretty much every tournament all year long...

His game is similar to Andy's but just not as good in any aspect. He has no big weapons that Andy can't outgun. A loss to him would be monumentally frustrating. 

Still confident?

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Andy Murray getting rather agitated with the umpire.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Rightly so. 

What happened with that? I had it on the laptop with no sound at that point. 

Agree with your other post. I like Nishikori, very good all round player, but let's be frank. An in form Andy Murray shouldnt be struggling as he has tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Boynze said:

so hard to reach 4 finals in one year, the consistency required for that is mental.

Indeed. Don't forget the Olympics and Davis Cup too!

Andy looked pretty jaded at the end there. But some of Nishikori's returning was unbelievable.

Really disappointed, but no arguments with the result. Can't believe Murray let the umpire's decision get to him in such a way - thought he was beyond all that now!

Folk can also stop talking about Murray as world number one now as Novak will undoubtedly win his third major of the year now.

Andy needs to forget about this Davis Cup pish and take a couple of weeks off before concentrating on the Asian leg of the tour, the Paris Masters and the Tour Finals.

7 hours ago, min said:

Really disappointed, but no arguments with the result. Can't believe Murray let the umpire's decision get to him in such a way - thought he was beyond all that now!

Folk can also stop talking about Murray as world number one now as Novak will undoubtedly win his third major of the year now.

Andy needs to forget about this Davis Cup pish and take a couple of weeks off before concentrating on the Asian leg of the tour, the Paris Masters and the Tour Finals.

I think that the No.1 spot being out of reach is what disappoints me most about the result. 

Tour finals and retaining the Davis cup will be the number 1 priorities now. Be good if he could win the finals at the o2. 

45 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think that the No.1 spot being out of reach is what disappoints me most about the result. 

Tour finals and retaining the Davis cup will be the number 1 priorities now. Be good if he could win the finals at the o2. 

Agreed, his record at the o2 isn't great so it would be great to put that right.

are you going this year? It'll be my first time at this tournament. Melbourne in January and that's me done the four slams and tour finals

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

are you going this year? It'll be my first time at this tournament. Melbourne in January and that's me done the four slams and tour finals

I'm not. I've had a very busy year holiday wise and my allowance from work is pretty much gone already :( How many sessions are you going to? 

Very jealous of the trip to Melbourne! Would love to get to the Australian Open, it definitely seems like the tournament with the best vibe/atmosphere. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm not. I've had a very busy year holiday wise and my allowance from work is pretty much gone already :( How many sessions are you going to? 

Very jealous of the trip to Melbourne! Would love to get to the Australian Open, it definitely seems like the tournament with the best vibe/atmosphere. 

Going to two sessions at the tap so I should see them all.

so far I have found Wimbledon to be the best atmosphere, the us was great as it was my first, the French was decent but I found the staff very rude and there wasn't much in terms of places to eat/drink during breaks unless you have a money tree in your back garden. None of them came close to Wimbledon. 

Im going to start going to some of the smaller events after I've done the slams. There's a few events which aren't far to travel, Queens, Paris Masters, Rotterdam, Monte Carlo masters would be a good start.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Going to two sessions at the tap so I should see them all.

so far I have found Wimbledon to be the best atmosphere, the us was great as it was my first, the French was decent but I found the staff very rude and there wasn't much in terms of places to eat/drink during breaks unless you have a money tree in your back garden. None of them came close to Wimbledon. 

Im going to start going to some of the smaller events after I've done the slams. There's a few events which aren't far to travel, Queens, Paris Masters, Rotterdam, Monte Carlo masters would be a good start.

I'm going to Rolland Garros next year. Really looking forward to it. Also trying to tie in the US Open with the start of the NFL season next year and get to both when across there. 

Monte Carlo looks like a spectacular place to watch tennis! Will definitely get there one year! 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm going to Rolland Garros next year. Really looking forward to it. Also trying to tie in the US Open with the start of the NFL season next year and get to both when across there. 

Monte Carlo looks like a spectacular place to watch tennis! Will definitely get there one year! 

Me and the better half were in New York for NFL opening day the day after Murray was papped out by Wawrinka, 2013. We didn't got to a game but New York was buzzing for the tennis and nfl. 

Flushing Medows is also right next door to the mets stadium but not sure if the baseball season is on at that time

Edited by vanderark14