Silent Protest At Georgia Match? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Silent Protest At Georgia Match?

dougiemacfarlanearran

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about for the length of the song we just chant Hypocrites over and over as anyone who sings that song after voting no is a Hypocrite. Embarrassed to sing those words and the England game will have trouble I guarantee it as they will come up to wind everyone up.

Mates, a vast majority of the Tartan Army voted YES. Flower of Scotland is a freedom song for people who voted YES. This is YOUR song and the anthem of YOUR country (or land, area, state, province whatever you call it).

Absolutly no way you should stop to sing it! You guys can be proud of it! It's not your fault if 55% voted no.

I would accept that the majority of Scotland fans would have voted Yes but it's use has to be seen in the context of the referendum result and in my opinion singing it would appear to self satirical and without dignity.

It will be forever a reminder that the Scots did NOT have the bottle and I do not want to be constantly reminded.

How about for the length of the song we just chant Hypocrites over and over as anyone who sings that song after voting no is a Hypocrite. Embarrassed to sing those words and the England game will have trouble I guarantee it as they will come up to wind everyone up.

Think the Ireland game will be a whole lot worse In my humble opinion!!

I'm not making a conscious decision to stop supporting Scotland, but at the moment i just feel no enthusiasm whatsoever towards anything Scotland related. Hopefully it'll come back to me but i just can't see myself being as passionate about the team as i have been in the past. Don't really feel Scottish just now, i just feel deflated.

As for FOS, i don't think i'll be able to sing it for a while, or sing it seriously anyway. Sad times

Edited by Hope

45% of Scotland voted yes .If it was not for the 45% we would not be seeing so called change now.The so called change in WM IS because 45% voted yes and I would imagine a good percent of the TA did vote yes. We should sing this loud and proud do not be defeated because regard less of what we think now this will go tits up at WM and we will be leading this charge again with in 5 years to hopefully being a free country with more backing because WM have once again shafted us.

Alway's be proud to be Scottish .We will get our chance again.

Lets show the English and the Irish it was not the TA who let Scotland down

Still proud to be Scottish. Will sing my heart out as always. Just cause I don't agree with the way the majority voted doesn't mean I'm going in the huff with my country. This is almost as daft as those who said they would move to England if there was a yes vote.

I cannot get the negativity at all.

That was a battle. The war is still on.

The promises made are about to be broken. People like Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage will rip them up in an instant, given the chance - and the 2015 election may well give them the chance. Even genuine attempts to carry through the promises will collapse in the face of the (quite reasonable) demands of the English for their own protected treatment, eg by stopping Scottish MPs telling them whether they can hunt foxes or not. A massive amount of negotiation would be needed to cut a deal that satisfies everyone, and it won't happen - too many vested interests, too many squabbles, too many low quality politicians.

It will soon become clear that Scotland's destiny can only be driven from Edinburgh. And Gordon Brown will be fully exposed as a man with no stake in anything except his own self-aggrandisement.

Next time, it's YES, and by a large margin

I understand your feeling, however as other posters have posted, very few of the 55% will be at the game, we should be proud to sing this song even louder than ever before, remember, 'we can still rise now and be a nation again' maybe not in the immediate future, but one day it will happen!

Have faith!

As far as the Engurland game, who cares what they try and taunt us with, there will be nothing we haven't heard before, the best way to deal with that lot is to give them a good doing on the park and for that in Gord we trust!

Don't let the ba*tards get you down!

I understand your feeling, however as other posters have posted, very few of the 55% will be at the game, we should be proud to sing this song even louder than ever before, remember, 'we can still rise now and be a nation again' maybe not in the immediate future, but one day it will happen!

Have faith!

Exactly!!! :ok:

Moot point as i will never be back or even take an interest in any Scottish sporting side

I won't make quite that same level of commitment, I could drift back, but in the immediate future I'm certainly taking a break from following Scotland.

As for Flower of Scotland - can't imagine ever singing it again.

TT

To be honest the way I feel right now I am close to tearing my Georgia tickets up and binning them as there just seems little point in having a National team if we are not a nation. I know I will mellow but I am really ashamed right now of my fellow Scots.

Edited by Help ma Boab

The tartan army will now be figures of fun whoever we play/go.We will just have to get over it.As for flower of Scotland how anyone could even think of singing this is beyond me.

Not saying am no going back got tickets for georgia,ireland. and booked up for poland,ireland,Ithink i will just use them as a wee holiday.

Devastated with the result last night and will evalue the situation after the poland match.

I understand your feeling but please don t let other people putting you off following the football team and the country (or whatever you call Scotland) you like!

Instead of this, keep showing your support and your love! A vast majority of the TA voted yes, let s stay all together and show we won t give up the fight!!!

I understand your feeling but please don t let other people putting you off following the football team and the country (or whatever you call Scotland) you like!

Instead of this, keep showing your support and your love! A vast majority of the TA voted yes, let s stay all together and show we won t give up the fight!!!

You don't get it.

International football is played by national teams.

Before yesterday we had a pseudo national team based on historic reasons, but last night the vast majority of people on Scotland said they wanted Scotland to be a region of the UK, and if you believe in democracy we are now confirmed as a region. as such regional teams should not play intensional football.

I'm certain some will say get a grip. But I can't see the fairness of Scotland being allowed a national team when other regions such as flanders, corsica, basque etc can not.