Silent Protest At Georgia Match? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Silent Protest At Georgia Match?

dougiemacfarlanearran

Lads I appreciate (if not understand) your devastation but you should see your national football team as a vehicle for nationalism.

You travel in bigger numbers than us and your behaviour is exemplary plus you've got a great sense of humour similar to ourselves.

Nothing will change that and I can understand you not taking pride in your anthem but your football team has nothing to do with a referendum result. If anything going to a Scotland football match is the one outlet you have to display your nationalism.

Why dont ye come up with banners that show your support for an independent Scotland. "We are the 45%" and all that

The last two away games the scottish police were taking any politcal banners off the fans before entering the ground.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not Scottish. That nationality does not exist thanks to people like you. You're British.

Cool if thats the way you think then, then please be my guest. I had my personal reasons for my vote of No. However didnt realise if we voted no our nationality changed. If we were Scottish before as still part of Britian how has out nationality suddenly changed when everything is still the same as beofre? But cool you're entitled to your opinion as is everyone.

for me, the heart has been ripped out of our nation with this no vote. don't know how anybody who voted no could possibly contemplate singing flower of Scotland!......would the irony be lost on these people!?

we had our chance to be a nation again but didn't take it. there are no good reasons for voting no, you either don't want Scotland to be independent or are selfish to the core.

this halfway house, best of both worlds p1sh that some no voters promote is pathetic. wanting to have your own identity as being Scottish but not believing that your fellow countrymen could run our nation is a sad viewpoint indeed!

i would have been more comfortable if a no vote had meant we became a region of England. for me Scotland is dead until we become a fully independent nation!

If Scotland's dead for you how the hell are you going to continue fighting? We're all devastated, no doubt, but surely the best reaction we can give is to hold our heads high and one of the ways we can do that is to shake unionist central to its foundations against Georgia. Edited by redstevie007

I have spent the last 36 hours trying to understand exactly what I have been feeling since the NO vote.

I voted YES and only during the last week of the debate actually truly believed we had a chance - from there until the vote I was totally hyped and up for it - I believed we could actually do it.

My feelings since early Friday morning have swung from deflation, anger, to a firm belief that my fellow countrymen/women have let the nation down and bowed to the pressure and scaremongering of the Westminster establishment. I almost felt embarrassed to be Scottish !!

No doubt this was THE opportunity to become a nation again and have full responsibility and accountability for ourselves.

I fully share the hurt expressed by all on this board and have fluctuated in agreement between most of the expressions of hurt, anger and embarrassment. The argument on the relevance of FOS post referendum also resonates and I can understand many peoples views that it would seem hypocritical to sing it with any meaning or purpose - I have over the last 36 hours at some stage agreed with all these sentiments ................HOWEVER

I am Scottish, I have followed the Scotland football team, rugby team, curling team, darts team, domino team, tiddly winks team etc all my life, anything to do with Scotland then I am there.....and I am not ready to quit!!

For the first time in 300 years we have a country on our side in the drive for self determination.......Ok, I know we lost this 'vote', but did we really lose????

45% of the Scottish electorate voted for independence. This is groundbreaking .......even Alex Salmond admitted we were underdogs for the whole campaign, we were always up against it. This was always going to be a leap of faith for most people and given we were coming of the back of one of the deepest financial depressions in UK history it was always going to be hard to get this one over the line.

Think about it......1.6 million Scots voted to break-up the UK

The majority of the younger generation voted 'YES'...........they are the ones who will drive this movement forward in the coming years.....it all starts now !!

The Westminster government have never been so rattled - hence the last minute capitulation on additional devolved powers.

The pressure and focus is firmly now on Westminster to deliver these powers......they 'promised' them and many NO voters had their final decision firmly cemented by this 'promise'

When the Westminster government fail to deliver on these promises (and we know they will fail, the past 24 hrs has already demonstrated this) it is our sovereign duty to 'turn the screw', build the pressure and make them accountable - only then will there be the majority belief and will needed for revolution.

The only way we can do this with any credibility is by continuing what we have started and been involved in for the past decades and particular the past 2 years leading up to the referendum. We need to be visible, vocal and united - we DIDN'T lose - 1.6 Million (45%of us) voted for independence - this volume of people demanding change cannot be ignored by any country or government.

NOW is the time to sing Flower of Scotland with more passion and purpose than ever before, now is the time to be seen as a Scottish Nationalist, now is the time to fly the YES flags....we have them on the ropes, they realise there is an unstoppable social movement developing in Scotland

I truly believe the result of the vote has given the independence movement even more momentum in the long run.......never has so many people voted for change in Scotland's history. Couple this with the potential offered by the teenage generation who have already voted YES and it is only a matter of time !!

We all have to realise what Alex Salmond has left for us to take forward - this is the perfect time for the Tartan Army to be vocal and united in our love and belief for our country, this is the absolute time to support our country.......Bring on the ROI and England !!

Alba gu brath

If we were Scottish before as still part of Britian how has out nationality suddenly changed when everything is still the same as beofre?

Because we didn't have the choice before. And sadly over half the voting population chose to be a region rather than a proper country.

Because we didn't have the choice before. And sadly over half the voting population chose to be a region rather than a proper country.

Exactly. We finally got the chance to choose and 55% of the people either chose self interest or shat it. How else can you describe their choice?

We can't be Scottish now as that's not what was chosen. No voters chose to be British and nothing else.

Well am not afriad to say i voted No. However my reasons were far different from the shit westminster feeded us days before it. This is not to say am any less proud to be Scottish, if i wasnt i wouldn't have spent the thousands of £ i have on travelling around Europe to support Scotland. I know i will get a lot of stick for being a No and will be told i have no right to support Scotland or sing the FOS, however i will continue to support Scotland in every event and will always be proud to be Scotttish and sing the FOS. This divide in the country has to stop and we need to pull together and Get behind Strachan and the lads to see us qualify for Euro 2016.

No you are British check your passport, we are all British, we used to claim to be Scottish not British as we were forced into a Union against the will of the people through bribery and corruption but 55% of the population just confirmed they are British and pleased to be so. Anyone who sings Flower of Scotland after voting No is a total hypocrite. I have some respect for the No voters who are proud to be British that is their country as far as they are concerned but they are not the ones who will stand on the terraces of Hampden singing lines about being a nation again. This Scottish and British is utter rubbish, if you are proud to be British then Scotland is a region to you like Yorkshire.

Yep. Be braced for "You're just a small part of england"

Been thinking about this.

Given that the only reason the 55 (or at least a fair portion of them) voted No, was because the English leaders rushed up to Scotland, got on their phukin knees and literally begged us to stay, shouldn't we be singing to them "you're just a big part of Scotland"?

Well am not afriad to say i voted No. However my reasons were far different from the shit westminster feeded us days before it. This is not to say am any less proud to be Scottish, if i wasnt i wouldn't have spent the thousands of £ i have on travelling around Europe to support Scotland. I know i will get a lot of stick for being a No and will be told i have no right to support Scotland or sing the FOS, however i will continue to support Scotland in every event and will always be proud to be Scotttish and sing the FOS. This divide in the country has to stop and we need to pull together and Get behind Strachan and the lads to see us qualify for Euro 2016.

No one had to pay any money to put an 'X' beside YES.

The cost of putting an 'X' beside NO (for the country) however...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FTR, I'd be against any protest.

I wouldn't give the Unionists any satisfaction of any kind.

I would never let them believe that we are finished in any way (especially right after giving them the biggest scare of their lives).

I will support Scotland (on and off the park) the rest of my days!

No one had to pay any money to put an 'X' beside YES.

The cost of putting an 'X' beside NO (for the country) however...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FTR, I'd be against any protest.

I wouldn't give the Unionists any satisfaction of any kind.

I would never let them believe that we are finished in any way (especially right after giving them the biggest scare of their lives).

I will support Scotland (on and off the park) the rest of my days!

:ok:

Keep politics out of football, there are many folk who voted no because of threats from company bosses and were scared to take the risk, that follow Scotland and are as entitled as the rest of us to continue doing so. We cant have splits in the tartan army. this is the one and only time when we can say we are better together

Keep politics out of football, there are many folk who voted no because of threats from company bosses and were scared to take the risk, that follow Scotland and are as entitled as the rest of us to continue doing so. We cant have splits in the tartan army. this is the one and only time when we can say we are better together

Yes. Thank you.

Yes. Thank you.

Yes. I'm calm, I am. If someone says to me "Well, I voted no, I just felt too worried about the uncertainty", well, I am calm, they've made their choice.

If someone says to me "I was going to vote yes, but I changed my mind and voted no because I was so impressed by Gordon Brown's speech but now I am o so disappointed because it turns out that balloon was lying on behalf of his English masters and in fact none of those promises are going to be kept, and I never even guessed that might happen at the time", well, I won't be so calm

Cool if thats the way you think then, then please be my guest. I had my personal reasons for my vote of No. However didnt realise if we voted no our nationality changed. If we were Scottish before as still part of Britian how has out nationality suddenly changed when everything is still the same as beofre? But cool you're entitled to your opinion as is everyone.

I think a difference is that we had never been asked before. Never.

This time we were asked if we wanted to be our own country.

We, collectively, said no.

Some people would argue that we gave up all pretense of being "Scottish" and accepted that we are, after all and nothing different from, "British".

Sad negative shite bags the only 1 who are shiting it is u.comin on here with your negative toys out the pram attitude feck off then we don't need u it's Scotland fans I want to stand beside not u pussys grow a pair n stand up for your birth right until then please stay away your not really welcome by us that do give a