Air Malta Vienna Flight Change - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Air Malta Vienna Flight Change

tartanharley

I only just noticed at the weekend that the Air Malta flight from Vienna to Malta on the Friday evening has been brought forward 8 hours to 1315 which was very handy especially as our flight from Edinburgh to Vienna didn't leave Edinburgh until 14:10. I got notified a while back but didn't pay enough attention as I assumed it was the usual move by 10-15 minutes.

I was able to change it to the Saturday morning flight without charge and think I have managed to sort out hotels but a bit of a nightmare couple of days.

Now have a night out in Vienna which may be a bonus, if you are flying Air Malta I'd advise you check your flight times.

On 23/08/2016 at 5:22 PM, tartanharley said:

I only just noticed at the weekend that the Air Malta flight from Vienna to Malta on the Friday evening has been brought forward 8 hours to 1315 which was very handy especially as our flight from Edinburgh to Vienna didn't leave Edinburgh until 14:10. I got notified a while back but didn't pay enough attention as I assumed it was the usual move by 10-15 minutes.

I was able to change it to the Saturday morning flight without charge and think I have managed to sort out hotels but a bit of a nightmare couple of days.

Now have a night out in Vienna which may be a bonus, if you are flying Air Malta I'd advise you check your flight times.

In the same boat, called them up and they changed my flight time to the Saturday 10:35 and moved me to first class.

Now what to do with a night in Vienna? ha!

Just noticed that my return flight to Vienna on Monday the 5th has been changed from 0715 to 1350hrs.....only sent it to me on the 16th and just saw it now.....only gave you 48hours to accept or they would be unable to find alternative....poor service Air Malta...a wee phone call wouldn't have went a miss..you have my number on the booking

i am also on the 1035 Saturday morning

Edited by DavyP

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:10 PM, DavyP said:

Just noticed that my return flight to Vienna on Monday the 5th has been changed from 0715 to 1350hrs.....only sent it to me on the 16th and just saw it now.....only gave you 48hours to accept or they would be unable to find alternative....poor service Air Malta...a wee phone call wouldn't have went a miss..you have my number on the booking

i am also on the 1035 Saturday morning

DavyP I didn't phone back within the 48 hour window and they still changed my flight without hesitation or question.  I didn't have a good moan at them like tartanmaroon did so no upgrade for us (don't tell the lads if you see us as they were already threatening a kangaroo court).

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:56 PM, Colarotinho said:

I am on the 10:35 flight on saturday. Is it the same?

I am living in Vienna, so just send me an pm, if you need any recommendation or something like this.

I'll visit a friendly of my home team on friday evening...

No that is not changed as far as I am aware (we were moved onto the flight you are on) and our return flight hasn't changed as far as I am aware.  I'm sure we'll find something to do in Vienna got an apartment in the city centre.  Can't wait for this weekend.