trains - Page 2 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

trains

Craig Mason

15 hours ago, popkean1314foreva said:

Booked our journey back yesterday , available now til at least Sunday .

We are on on the 12.08 out of Carlisle on  Thursday

We're looking to get the 1208 from Carlisle but only if the Guard kicks us off en route from Glasgow.....£32 cheaper to get off at Carlisle and have a couple of pints and wait for the 1208, then do the same coming back, get off for an hour,. Have a couple then back on.... If no red card, we get there and back to Glasgow earlier......Boom...

11 minutes ago, kevymac said:

We're looking to get the 1208 from Carlisle but only if the Guard kicks us off en route from Glasgow.....£32 cheaper to get off at Carlisle and have a couple of pints and wait for the 1208, then do the same coming back, get off for an hour,. Have a couple then back on.... If no red card, we get there and back to Glasgow earlier......Boom...

The Griffen is the nearest for a pint. :ok:

On 8/23/2016 at 11:23 AM, martinfaeporty said:

Nothing available on the Virgin website. Was this a limited offer?x

23 hours ago, ianam said:

Thanks martinfaeporty try trainline still could not see it any cheaper on the sat or sun other than the £ 256.00 for 2 but with a bit searching and changing number of days using trainline So going down wed 0900 edin london = £ 50 Sat London York 13.20 = £ 35 have 2 days in York then mon York to  edin 13.20 £ 31.60 so all in for the trains for 2 of us with booking and postal fees is £ 119.10 brilliant  ps I could have got us back to Edinburgh on sat 13.20 London to York then 3 hr or so in York then 19.32 York to Edinburgh all in with booking and postal fees = £ 70.10 for 2 A big difference from   £ 256.00 it may help somebody Sorry for the saga thanks again martinfaeporty are you doing Malta and brataslavia

On 8/23/2016 at 11:23 AM, martinfaeporty said:

Nothing available on the Virgin website. Was this a limited offer?

Click on best fare finder on virgin website 

• 3 weeks later...

I am booked on the 9.30 from Manchester Piccadilly to Euston on the 10th gets me in around lunchtime, then it's a trip to Euston Square to see where they film Sherlock (I know sad!! :) ) and my othe rhalf want's a photo of The Paddington Bear Statue, then it's time for a beer or six in the evening!!!

Back on the Saturday at 12 noon into Manchester for around 3pm.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the 07.52 from Motherwell on the Thursday and on the 18.30 back on the Saturday.

Came in at £90 return for the three of us, Virgin do a 20% discount for people travelling in groups of 3 to 9, at least they did a few weeks back.

Worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2016 at 2:33 PM, FurryBoots said:

Just booked Edinburgh to London return for £60 1st class.......£30 return cattle class........

https://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/special-offers/deals/plane-relief/

Cancelled my original flights but still a hell of a lot cheaper even with cancellation costs.

Cheers for the tip! £60 return from Dundee for the two of us. What a bargain!!!

Just need to get the match tickets now...

Edited by Angusfifer

18 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

What if you haven't taken a flight between Edinburgh and London do you just make it up and hope they give you a special code.

I said I was planning to fly on the day of the game. Which I was. Swear on my dead budgie's life...