Squad Announcment - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad Announcment

vanderark14

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Withdrawn from the squad: Kieran Tierney, Leigh Griffiths, Kevin McDonald and James McArthur.

Added to the squad: Tony Watt and Lee Wallace.

Interesting. I wonder if Tierney and Griffiths will be fit for the Old Firm game then? ? 

I suspect that Watt's in because neither McCormack or Rhodes were availing themselves for an away trip without any assurances of playing. Neither of them would be in my starting line up for this one, but it would have been good to have had McCormack as an option off the bench (Rhodes simply hasn't played enough this season).

I really hope that Wallace isn't in the team.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

Ah naw ?!! I hope that's not the underlying, "hidden" reason. :(

I may be wrong on this but I'm sure I mind about 10 years ago all old firm fixtures were arranged well away from international fixtures to limit the pull outs. Possibly triggered by the Georgia away game in October 07 when brown and Hutton dropped out but were then deemed fit for the old firm game which was the upcoming weekend after the Georgia fixture on the Wednesday evening. It was possibly an SPL/SFA agreement. Wonder if they just totally forgot about re-stating once rangers got back up. Anyone else mind this?

To be fair to Griffiths, he hobbled off on Saturday.

He's also been pretty desperate to play for Scotland, and actually if anyone needs a performance to prove he can make it as an international, it's Griffiths.

9 minutes ago, Rossy said:

To be fair to Griffiths, he hobbled off on Saturday.

He's also been pretty desperate to play for Scotland, and actually if anyone needs a performance to prove he can make it as an international, it's Griffiths.

Fair enough if that's correct (which I would like to think rather than the alternative).

17 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Heading at full speed towards McGhee. 

There are a lot of very disturbing similarities between McGhee and Strachan. Arrogance, stubbornness, glibness, cheekiness, old school mind set, unwillingness to acknowledge error. The way Strachan brought McGhee back from the dead... I think these two are like minded. Overall my verdict on Strachan's tenure is 'lazy'. Really disappointing so far. We would have been better picking the squad on here and letting them self manage.

Why is mccormack not been called up and can the sfa stop players who call off from international duty from playing for their clubs.Celtic are at the capers if griffiths is ready to play an old fiirm game after not being fit for his country with a hamstring problem.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

I'm going to give Strachan the benefit of the doubt for now, but I'm very interested to know what the situation is with McCormack. If he's claiming injury then fair enough, but if it's just a case that he's been overlooked and Tony Watt is ahead of him in the pecking order then Strachan deserves all the slating he gets. 

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Watt is more talented than McCormack. I don't get the McCormack hype at all. 

My argument isn't with Tony Watt, I think he is a decent enough player who, hopefully will screw the nut and fulfill his earlier promise. The thing that is getting on my tits is that Strachan obviously has an issue with McCormack outwith his ability and what he brings to a Scotland shirt. 

We have had enough of these player/manager bust up's in the past which only serve to hurt the national team, they both need to sort out their differences, whatever they are, and realise they are both supposed to be there to do their best for the country, not to get one up on each other.

14 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Watt is more talented than McCormack. I don't get the McCormack hype at all. 

I would love to know what you are basing that on given Watt has done or shown the square root of fvck all in his career to date and has a goal scoring rate which makes Steven Fletcher look prolific. I do have a fair idea where you may have got your thinking from though....

Watt may turn out to be a player. Or he may be the next Simon Donnelly but at the moment he is kicking about not settling anywhere while McCormack is scoring regularly and in turning getting bought for silly money. There is no comparison really.