National Anthem - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Anthem

Stella Artois 1366

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not supporting the team and stopping going to games is ludicrous!!!

All I was asking is what to do when FOS is played for fook sakes, reality check me thinks!!!

We're gonna get pelters anyway every game from now on but if no one sings along for first two or three games just maybe the sfa will have the gumption to change to something else!!!!

For those who are are giving up on Scotland - get off this messageboard and stop wasting bandwidth and peoples time telling them how you will cry into your porridge for the rest of your life.

For those who won't sing FoS at games - that is up to you, and I hope you respect the wishes of those do choose to sing it instead of lambasting them.

For the others who are still 100% behind the Scotland team - we have a couple of big games coming up. We have the best side for a number of years, and have a great chance of qualifying. Let's get behind the team and do whatever we can to support them. I don't give a flying toss if other teams will laugh at us - I'm Scottish, I'm tough enough to put up with it and we'll bounce back from it stronger.

For those who are are giving up on Scotland - get off this messageboard and stop wasting bandwidth and peoples time telling them how you will cry into your porridge for the rest of your life.

For those who won't sing FoS at games - that is up to you, and I hope you respect the wishes of those do choose to sing it instead of lambasting them.

For the others who are still 100% behind the Scotland team - we have a couple of big games coming up. We have the best side for a number of years, and have a great chance of qualifying. Let's get behind the team and do whatever we can to support them. I don't give a flying toss if other teams will laugh at us - I'm Scottish, I'm tough enough to put up with it and we'll bounce back from it stronger.

what jumping up and down in your kilt singing about being a nation again? come on. what f&cking nation? the games up for me for all that sh&t. I believed in it because I believed when we got the chance we would go for independence.

The fact we didnt sickens me to my soul. as the majority of our compatriots said yesterday No Thanks!

what jumping up and down in your kilt singing about being a nation again? come on. what f&cking nation? the games up for me for all that sh&t. I believed in it because I believed when we got the chance we would go for independence.

The fact we didnt sickens me to my soul. as the majority of our compatriots said yesterday No Thanks!

Yesterday you were happy to sing FoS while under Westminster rule. You were probably happy to sing it a few years ago before a referendum was ever announced.

Today is no different from yesterday, apart from you and many feel hurt.

Man up and get a grip. The lyrics to the song are still applicable - it just didn't happen this time.

A national anthem isn't a football song, it is supposed to be a song that represents the national identity of that country. After last night, O' Flower of Scotland, clearly doesn't and should be replaced.

I voted No last night along with the majority of the country. If people can't accept that and get over it then they are as bad as the minority Tory rule from London that they despise. If you can't accept a majority decision in a democratic election then you don't deserve to be Scottish.

Yesterday you were happy to sing FoS while under Westminster rule. You were probably happy to sing it a few years ago before a referendum was ever announced.

Today is no different from yesterday, apart from you and many feel hurt.

Man up and get a grip. The lyrics to the song are still applicable - it just didn't happen this time.

its f&ck all to do with manning up as you call it - you must be a real man.

its to do with the lyrics being completely inappropriate. if you cant see that, then I cant help you. maybe you dont know the words?

A national anthem isn't a football song, it is supposed to be a song that represents the national identity of that country. After last night, O' Flower of Scotland, clearly doesn't and should be replaced.

I voted No last night along with the majority of the country. If people can't accept that and get over it then they are as bad as the minority Tory rule from London that they despise. If you can't accept a majority decision in a democratic election then you don't deserve to be Scottish.

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't think no voters today are in any position to to be questioning yes voters Scottishness to be fair.

Off course people have to accept what the majority of people wish for. I don't see any posters on here not accepting the decision. They're embarrassed and disappointed in it, not that they won't accept it.

Bottom line is you're no less Scottish for voting no. You're just not a Scottish nationalist.

People resorting to not supporting the football team anymore over this is a completely over the top reaction and a ridiculous stance to take.

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't think no voters today are in any position to to be questioning yes voters Scottishness to be fair.

Off course people have to accept what the majority of people wish for. I don't see any posters on here not accepting the decision. They're embarrassed and disappointed in it, not that they won't accept it.

Bottom line is you're no less Scottish for voting no. You're just not a Scottish nationalist.

People resorting to not supporting the football team anymore over this is a completely over the top reaction and a ridiculous stance to take.

easy comment for you to make Irish. from your Republic.

We should unfurl a flag that says "we are the 45"

we will get our independance, we will break from london rule and we have changed politics for the better!

if you voted no, please dont go and follow our national team, please go and watch england, wales and northern ireland since you shat it

easy comment for you to make Irish. from your Republic.

Ah will ya stop and catch a grip of yourself.

If my countrymen rejected the chance to have United Ireland for example by democratic vote (which is a big possibility as we are conservative enough by the way), I wouldn't then somehow renounce my support for my country's national football team which has nothing to do with the political situation on our Island.

It's ridiculous to base your support for your national football team dependent on the political status of your nation.

Edited by irish