Daft Fitba' Songs - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Daft Fitba' Songs

I was listening to the radio earlier and the band Kiss came on with an old classic and it reminded me when I was a daft wee laddie. My mates and I used to sing "God Gave Jim Weir To Ya" at McDiarmid. I realise it sounds pish now but it was funny at the time. :)

What other daft or funny songs can you remember from your years at the fitba'?

...... Please, nae Doh A Deer pish. :rolleyes:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers currently do a good one where they substitute the word "Gold" to "Holt" and from the Spandau Ballet classic.

"Jason Holt, HOLT, always believe in your soul, you've got the power to know, you're indestructible, always believe it, Jason Holt, HOLT..." And repeat.

I like it anyway... :unsure:

1 minute ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Rangers currently do a good one where they substitute the word "Gold" to "Holt" and from the Spandau Ballet classic.

"Jason Holt, HOLT, always believe in your soul, you've got the power to know, you're indestructible, always believe it, Jason Holt, HOLT..." And repeat.

Didn't Man UTD sing that to Andy Cole? Then anybody else with a rhyming name has cottoned on.

Ireally liked the Christian Dailly one we used to sing......    '' u are the love of my life, id let you shag my wife..'''

also some of the Posh Spice Slapper ones used to make me chukkle................

10 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Didn't Man UTD sing that to Andy Cole? Then anybody else with a rhyming name has cottoned on.

Man Utd fans sang the one about "gets the ball and scores a goal, Andy, Andy Cole", as I recall. The thought of Mancunians singing a song by soft cockneys seems somewhat incongruous.

How many football songs are completely unique anyway? That wasn't requested in the thread title...

Edited by thewolf_1980

Just now, thewolf_1980 said:

Man Utd fans sang the one about "gets the ball and scores a goal, Andy, Andy Colr", as I recall. The thought of Mancunians singing a song by soft cockneys seems somewhat incongruous...

I remember that one but I've definitely heard of the name Cole in the song you are on about. Maybe it was Joe or Carlton Cole.

27 minutes ago, stocky said:

Ireally liked the Christian Dailly one we used to sing......    '' u are the love of my life, id let you shag my wife..'''

also some of the Posh Spice Slapper ones used to make me chukkle................

That is a West Ham song that is.

My only claim to fame exporting it north via here and Tam O'Shanter.

A wee story some might find interesting ............

My Grandad grew up in a Rangers supporting house (albeit non-religious) in the Garngad during the thirties and forties, so all his mates were Celtic supporters and he ended up going to The Jungle at Celtic Park more than he did Ibrox in his youth. Still remembers like it were yesterday seeing the legendary Jimmy Delaney in action for Celtic. Anyway, he swears that the most popular terrace chant of the time for many Scottish clubs was "follow, follow" !

So you had:

"Follow, follow, we will follow Celtic...."

And obviously

"Follow, follow we will follow Thistle/Killie/Airdrie/Dundee....."

It had died out by the sixties as Rangers by then had really made the chant their own. 

8 hours ago, tangerinetartan said:

Mind the sheep singing I'd rather be a brush than a comb at Alan combe the utd goalie at tannadice 

The place was rocking to that one :lol:

Combe took it all very well at the time,tried to not piss himself at it and applauded the fans after the game was finished. 

I'm sure everytime he went to kick the ball,someone piped up with "boom boom" for basil brush. 

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A wee story some might find interesting ............

My Grandad grew up in a Rangers supporting house (albeit non-religious) in the Garngad during the thirties and forties, so all his mates were Celtic supporters and he ended up going to The Jungle at Celtic Park more than he did Ibrox in his youth. Still remembers like it were yesterday seeing the legendary Jimmy Delaney in action for Celtic. Anyway, he swears that the most popular terrace chant of the time for many Scottish clubs was "follow, follow" !

So you had:

"Follow, follow, we will follow Celtic...."

And obviously

"Follow, follow we will follow Thistle/Killie/Airdrie/Dundee....."

It had died out by the sixties as Rangers by then had really made the chant their own. 

I remember my dad telling me almost everyone used to sing YNWA at games,can be heard in the clips of Aberdeen in the early 80's. 

11 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Doesn't work as well as it did for Ryan Gauld a couple of years ago...

When Elton john first took over Watford. when they played Bradford City the bradford fans sang jingle bells jingle bells Elton is a gnome o what fun it is to see Bradford win at home. iT Always tickled me.

Ian

13 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

ach, we were singing that for Rob Jones in the middle of the naughties.  

Must admit I currently enjoy this one being belted out by the full East stand.

Oh, Warburtons a fanny,

He wears a fannies hat,

It works against Dumbarton and other pish like that,

But then he met the Hibees and suddenly it dawned,

to win the Scottish Cup,

He'll need a furking wand!

Edited by giblet

There was someone singing a song on the way to Portugal last October I can't remember most off it but the whole plane was pushing themselves 

it went:

do do do do do

do do do

to the land where beer and whisky flows

i was drunk last night

i was drunk the night before

and we're all in the salvation army 

As a Jags fan of nearly 40 years this one has to be my favourite - 

I know a lassie,

a bonnie, bonnie lassie,

she's as tight as the paper on the wall (on the wall )

she's got legs like a spider

I'd love to fkin ride her

Mary fae Maryhill

altogether now ...

I was just about tae pump her

when her t*ts felll out her jumper

and her knees were banging on the wall (on the wall )

she's got a big fat belly

her eyes were awfy skelly

Mary fae Maryhill

8 minutes ago, Topcat said:

As a Jags fan of nearly 40 years this one has to be my favourite - 

I know a lassie,

a bonnie, bonnie lassie,

she's as tight as the paper on the wall (on the wall )

she's got legs like a spider

I'd love to fkin ride her

Mary fae Maryhill

altogether now ...

I was just about tae pump her

when her t*ts felll out her jumper

and her knees were banging on the wall (on the wall )

she's got a big fat belly

her eyes were awfy skelly

Mary fae Maryhill

Heard a song on the bus to Metz with that tune

I had a sausage

a bonnie, bonnie sausage

and I put it in the oven for my tea

I took it to the pictures

and fed it dolly mixtures

and sausage came running after me