Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

According to the livescore app, Donald Love is playing right back. Is this his usual position?

Yeah and he's played reasonably well.

With Robertson and Kingsley that will hopefully be 2 left backs playing every week in the EPL. Still think Robertson will get a move somewhere.

Just now, bossman4 said:

Yeah and he's played reasonably well.

With Robertson and Kingsley that will hopefully be 2 left backs playing every week in the EPL. Still think Robertson will get a move somewhere.

Who's Kingsley?

Just now, bossman4 said:

Stephen Kingsley, young left back at Swansea who they signed from Falkirk a few years back. Played the last 6/7 games for them last year and played today. Was in the squad for games in June

That's great, about time we saw some of our team playing first team football in the top leagues. Hopefully bothe Kingsley and love stay fit and present in their teams. We need this type of quality............badly.

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That's great, about time we saw some of our team playing first team football in the top leagues. Hopefully bothe Kingsley and love stay fit and present in their teams. We need this type of quality............badly.

Lets hope so, Snoddy as well. Swansea had the lad Fulton on the bench although he didnt play.

As has been mentioned, watched the Forrest game last night and Burke looks like a machine, his pace is frightning and he's a beast of a lad. Have high hopes for him in the campaign coming

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Yeah, alright.

He'll be one of the best players in the league this season. 

He's a good player but sadly he's also a total f@nny so I predict him imploding withing 15 games max. 

2 hours ago, kmcca5 said:

He's a good player but sadly he's also a total f@nny so I predict him imploding withing 15 games max. 

There is definitely some talent there in Tony Watt but sadly, he seems determined to live his life as though he were still sixteen and not worry about growing up.

He'll be in for a massive wake up call in the next few years if he doesn't grow up sharpish.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

On 11/08/2016 at 1:22 PM, Jagtag said:

I thought Forrest was outstanding for most of the game. He seemed to twist his knee near the end and his level dropped a bit. He used the ball well, passed and probed the defence and appeared to have a lot more confidence.  I think Rodgers might improve his game.

Ayw maybe hes fit for the first time in years too, when he was young he looked a player snd has then been shite for years, will see soom enough.

11 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

No sign of Ryan Fraser for Bournemouth v Man Utd. Disappointing.

Mick McCarthy was saying a few days ago he'd love to have him at Ipswich permanently, but he's unfortunately working with a transfer budget of about 50p. Shame because Big Mick had Fraser playing well last year.

Fraser would be a good option for teams chasing promotion chasing team like Derby, Sheffield Wednesday or Brighton.

37 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

No sign of Ryan Fraser for Bournemouth v Man Utd. Disappointing.

Aye, I noticed that too.  Maybe he's injured. If he's fit and he can't even make the bench then that is disappointing and doesn't bode well. 

18 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Ryan Gauld not in squad for the team he's on loan to. Is he injured?

Not as far as I know. Big season for the lad I think - needs first team action at Setubal or don't see the point in the loan. Still glad he's gone there rather than some kick-and-rush mid-Championship side in England.

In other 'Scotland Players Not In Action' news, see Jack Harper hasn't been given a squad number at Brighton this season so looks like another season of their U23 league. Went to see Brighton play Colchester in a league cup game last week where Brighton rested all eleven of their first choice side - Harper not even on the bench.

So much for my bold predictions of a golden generation coming through

I watched Dundee v Rangers last night. Barrie McKay has vision, touch, weight of pass and pace the like of which is seldom seen in Scotland. I'm not too sure of his best position, but I don't think he'll be at Rangers much longer. If Burke turns out to be the flying machine some claim or hope, then McKay can play him in and keep up in support. I still think Gauld will have a role for us, but I'm glad we have Snodgrass.

Was At Brighton Rotherham last night and Jamie Murphy was good for Brighton, also did very well in the cup and scored a brace last week.

Scott Allen for Rotherham was poor from what I saw when he came on for the second half. Another great home fades in to obscurity.