NFL Thread 2016/17 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NFL Thread 2016/17

The Giant

I'll start the new thread.

I'm looking forward to the new season, Unfortunately I'll not be making it over to a game in America this year, but will get to one at Wembley.

Should be an interesting year, hopefully some teams that showed promise last year can shake things up a bit like the Raiders, Jaguars or Vikings. I have a feeling that it will be the usual suspects, by and large, when the play offs come around. If the Steelers didn't smoke so much weed, i might have tipped them to make the Superbowl. Seems like the NFC will be harder to win than the AFC, but you never know.

My Superbowl pick is Green Bay, so that is them cursed.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ok:

Im not so sure the usual suspects will be as dominant this season with the exception of the Pats obviously but the wheels are due to come off Brady some time and they are really going to need to get a run game from somewhere eventually.

I think the Panthers will be the NFC team this year and as usual im optimistic about the Jets potential with the weapons they have in the AFC but as recent seasons have shown the teams with the fewest injuries go the longest way.

16 hours ago, The Giant said:

I'll start the new thread.

I'm looking forward to the new season, Unfortunately I'll not be making it over to a game in America this year, but will get to one at Wembley.

Should be an interesting year, hopefully some teams that showed promise last year can shake things up a bit like the Raiders, Jaguars or Vikings. I have a feeling that it will be the usual suspects, by and large, when the play offs come around. If the Steelers didn't smoke so much weed, i might have tipped them to make the Superbowl. Seems like the NFC will be harder to win than the AFC, but you never know.

My Superbowl pick is Green Bay, so that is them cursed.

I am Green Bay fan and concerns just now over Nelson returning after a year out and Cobb's shoulder injury, Green bay's 2 biggest players apart from Rodgers.  Don't think we will win it, think the Seahawks or the Panthers will win it this year.

Division picks

AFC East - With Brady being out first 4 games, I think they might just still win it, but Jets and Bills will push them close this year

AFC North - Well with Pittsburgh losing Bryant for the season and Bell's suspension and injuries to some key defensive men I am going to now pick the Bengals to win this one

AFC South - Probably the hardest one to pick and in recent years you would have said Colts would been a shoe in, but ever improving Jaguars, Texans and Titans this will be the hardest division to pick but going to go for the Jaguars to win it

AFC West - Going for the Chiefs here as I think the Broncos will struggle with Michael Vick at QB and forward line not as good as it was, they will rely on the defense this year to pull them through

NFC East - Going for the Giants here as I think with there offense best the in league, the cowboys again been hit hard through suspensions at start of season on there defense

NFC North - Green Bay to just take first place in front of a ever improving Vikings who will be moving to there new home and be on a high after taking the division last season

NFC South - Panthers all day long no one god enough to challenge them in this division

NFC West - Seahawks to pip the Cardinals for first place but will be close

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from the NFL UK Live show at the Usher Hall. Good chat from ex Giant Osi Umenyiora who's working for the BBC this season, but the real stars of the show were ex Bronco safety Nick Ferguson and recently retired Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings. Both natural storytellers. Hosted by Sky's Neil Reynolds and included a Skype link with the guy that presents Red Zone for the NFL Network. Really good night with all the ex pros happy to express opinions without watering them down. 

Massive increase in Game Pass prices this year probably due to the arse falling out the £

Last season weekly game pass was $19.99 which worked out around £10

It will cost you £19.99 this season

Regular season game pass/follow your team last year worked out about £75

This season the only option is season plus for £139.99 which includes the play offs and SB (which thanks to Sky we dont need)

55 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

FFS

Same Old Jets

Sack Andy Dalton 7 times (SEVEN)

Miss a field goal and an extra point after TD

Lose 23-22

The schedule looks rough for the AFC East this year, the NFC West and AFC North are about as tough as you can get at the moment.

But aye, SOJ

23 hours ago, The Giant said:

The schedule looks rough for the AFC East this year, the NFC West and AFC North are about as tough as you can get at the moment.

But aye, SOJ

That spread on the Pats game last night was incredible ! 10/11 getting 9.5 points of a start

Nearly every pro tipster said to get on and they were right 

Sadly i had it doubled with the Jets on the money line and never took the 1.5 spread

Big game on Thursday

All things considered we should really hammer Buffalo but it is their patch & we know what happened last year

No excuses for Fitzpatrick this time as the weather will be balmy rather than -10 with high winds

We are going to give someone a right gubbing this year and the last time we lost in week 1 in similar fashion we went to the championship game

Was the best ive seen them play against a proper team (Bengals in regular season are immense) in a long while

1 hour ago, Geed said:

Great win for the Jets last night as a ground not many teams will win at, was great Decker got over 100 yards and a touchdown for my fantasy team too :>)

As well as Forte having 30 carries for 100 yards and 3 touchdowns our receivers had these stats

14390620_1256880574356789_57628392574918

And we were still hanging on like grim death at the end lol !

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

As well as Forte having 30 carries for 100 yards and 3 touchdowns our receivers had these stats

14390620_1256880574356789_57628392574918

And we were still hanging on like grim death at the end lol !

Wish I had bought Forte now, thought he would have been injury prone so bought Bilal Powell in my leagues draft :>(

Great win my lassie pal in new jersey goes to the jets games she message me this morning she was well chuffed to get one over rex ryan after the loss last year.

I have taken Monday off as my packers are playing the late game on Sunday night, so be late one for me on sunday :>)

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

:ok: I took today off as well

Nice one I am off the next 5 Monday dues to going to slovakia and I like most Mondays off as can enjoy 10 hours of nfl on a sunday night :>)

6 hours ago, Geed said:

Nice one I am off the next 5 Monday dues to going to slovakia and I like most Mondays off as can enjoy 10 hours of nfl on a sunday night :>)

I've got the Monday off after the Wembley weekend, and its the Seahawks v Patriots on Sunday Night Football. A happy coincidence.

im making my first trip to Wembley for an NFL game this year. Going to Washington vs Cincinnati. Really looking forward to it! 

Anyone who's been before able to advise if it's worth getting there a few hours early and soaking up some of the pre-match festivities around the ground? 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Anyone who's been before able to advise if it's worth getting there a few hours early and soaking up some of the pre-match festivities around the ground? 

I never but i think it is alright

Id advise paying a wee bit extra and going for the Club Wembley premium seats 

Was tremendous and very civilized

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

im making my first trip to Wembley for an NFL game this year. Going to Washington vs Cincinnati. Really looking forward to it! 

Not really, it can be very busy and extremely overpriced. If you get into the stadium early then there is usually some shitey 'musical' act on. last time I was there it was Little MIx. I'm sure that they do it to increase the bevvy sales...