NFL Thread 2016/17 - Page 13 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NFL Thread 2016/17

The Giant

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Think most Jets fans will be giving next season a miss so you might be there on your tod :lol:

Edit just realised you meant 2018 but it will probably still be the same

Image may contain: text

We might beat the Browns but it's in Cleveland so distinct possibility of 0-16

The Jets supporting host of the NFL podcast i listen to wants them to "Scam for Sam", in order to draft #1 and get Sam Darnold from USC, 

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Think most Jets fans will be giving next season a miss so you might be there on your tod :lol:

Edit just realised you meant 2018 but it will probably still be the same

Image may contain: text

We might beat the Browns but it's in Cleveland so distinct possibility of 0-16

ha ha keep the faith, you really need to get the QB situation resolved asap, losing Marshall is a big loss especially to the giants and don't know if Decker is resigning.

Just got my Vikings v Browns tickets this morning for me and my lads.

Not the greatest matchup but needed my Live NFL fix. Can the Browns be as shit as last season?

Gave up my season ticket this year as they went on sale with no guarantee that the games wouldn't be late KOs. No use if you have two primary school kids and live in Wiltshire. As it was only one of the four is a late KO.

Ho-hum, always next year.

J

15 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Can the Browns be as shit as last season?

Well, with 3 first round picks last night and a bunch of picks in the rest of the draft, they have a chance to build a decent roster. 

A fair bit of criticism that they didn't use their draft picks to get Desean Watson, although with what is apparently an abundance of top level QB talent in next years draft, i guess they're playing the long game. 

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, Bristolhibby said:

Just got my Vikings v Browns tickets this morning for me and my lads.

Not the greatest matchup but needed my Live NFL fix. Can the Browns be as shit as last season?

Gave up my season ticket this year as they went on sale with no guarantee that the games wouldn't be late KOs. No use if you have two primary school kids and live in Wiltshire. As it was only one of the four is a late KO.

Ho-hum, always next year.

J

Got End Zone tickets for Cardinals and LA Rams game, cant wait booked up Friday to Monday, staying in Waterloo area so its just one train ride to Twickenham and Waterloo Is quite central and easy to do site seeing stuff.

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, giblet said:

me and a few pals got tickets for the cardinals v rams game.  really looking forward to it.

Nice one, going as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know when to expect the tickets in for the London games? never been before so wondering when they post them out usually

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

When Darron Lee had an argument with his girlfriend and Leonard Williams broke it up

Darron Lee - 6 foot 1 and 15.5 stone

Image result for darron lee

Leonard Williams - 6 foot 4 and 20 stoneImage result for leonard williams

Jets release Eric Decker

Wish i was a fan of another team - They fvcking suck as will the next 3 years minimum

Marshall

Mangold

Revis

Folk

David Harris

All gone :(

Edited by Ally Bongo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, giblet said:

no tickets as yet....

Still waiting as well, thought they would have been posted as they said on Twitter it would be posted in August

• 2 weeks later...

BTW - over the past 3 years i regularly listen online to the NY sports talk radio station WFAN

The NY Giants are their favourites but they give all round coverage of NY sports - Giants, Jets, Knicks, Mets, Yankees, Rangers, Islanders.

My favourites are Joe and Evan in the afternoon who are Jets fans

They are followed by Mike Francesa who is legendary in US sports talk & call ins

Anyhoo - the morning show is hosted by ex NFL QB Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton

Although Carton is also a Jets fan he is distinctly unlikeable

Id you think the Rangers story over here was big news then check this out - Carton faces up to 45 years in jail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4858044/Craig-Carton-arrested-2million-ticket-scheme.html

No point in starting a new thread for this season, with the unfortunate demise of the TAMB on the horizon, but I'm looking forward to the season starting today (Thursday night doesn't count!). Got tickets to a couple of games in October and had a good fantasy draft.

As with last year I am again tipping Green Bay to win the Superbowl. I'll be right one of these years, I just can't see Rodgers finishing with only one ring. Should be a cfracking game later whne they play Seattle.

2 minutes ago, The Giant said:

No point in starting a new thread for this season, with the unfortunate demise of the TAMB on the horizon, but I'm looking forward to the season starting today (Thursday night doesn't count!). Got tickets to a couple of games in October and had a good fantasy draft.

As with last year I am again tipping Green Bay to win the Superbowl. I'll be right one of these years, I just can't see Rodgers finishing with only one ring. Should be a cfracking game later whne they play Seattle.

We have a couple of months - we should start it

I'm all set for the new Jets season anyway

Image result for paper bag over head

Really looking forward to heading down to the game this weekend. Not quite sure that Baltimpre vs Jacksonville will be the best game but will be a great day out none the less.

It's all just a prelude to going to NYC to see Cowboys @ Giants at the Met-Life in December though, for me. Fair to say that i'm counting down the weeks already!