Game of Thrones - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 hours ago, phart said:

Ned didn't know, i think. The ceremony happened in Dorne, not many people, if any, know that Lyanna went willingly the common narrative is he kidnapped and raped her.

Letter will be the one that Sansa was forced to write to Robb after they beheaded Ned.

But Ned spoke to Lyanna just after she gave birth. In Dorne, when he took Jon away. Given the importance of lineage and legitimacy, might that not have been what she told him? 

1 hour ago, Mindimoo said:

If Ned knew then that changes everything I thought about him.   I hope Gilly took that book with her!  Littlefinger will either go very soon by Arya's hand or he will be right there to the end as the Night King's hand.

In what sense does it change your thoughts on Ned? My money is on Gendry killing Littlefinger towards the end of the next series.

22 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Episode 5 - intrigue and scheming rather than action. I can't make out what is written on the scroll... 

I couldn't either.  However, I think perhaps all you needed to see was that it was from Sansa.  Suspect that Littlefinger is trying to drive a wedge between Sansa and Anya, I'm guessing he wrote the scroll himself and hid it for Anya to find?

48 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

In what sense does it change your thoughts on Ned? My money is on Gendry killing Littlefinger towards the end of the next series.

If Ned knew that Jon's parents were married then why did he continue with the tale?  If Ned knew I think he held Jon back from his rightful place on the throne.  I hope not, I hope Lynna only told him who Jon's father was.

I'm so glad Gendry is back.  He's got balls of steel.  As someone else said, that was one great crew they had together at the end.

Edited by Mindimoo

24 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

If Ned knew that Jon's parents were married then why did he continue with the tale?  If Ned knew I think he held Jon back from his rightful place on the throne.  I hope not, I hope Lynna only told him who Jon's father was.

I'm so glad Gendry is back.  He's got balls of steel.  As someone else said, that was one great crew they had together at the end.

If Robert Baratheon knew that Jon was the true Targaryen heir to the throne then he'd have killed him.  Remember Ned's early discussions with Robert where he was trying to dissuade him from killing Dany so it'd be safe to assume he'd have done the same with Jon so I see it as Ned trying to protect his nephew.

49 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I couldn't either.  However, I think perhaps all you needed to see was that it was from Sansa.  Suspect that Littlefinger is trying to drive a wedge between Sansa and Anya, I'm guessing he wrote the scroll himself and hid it for Anya to find?

I paused it and its the message she sent to her mum and Robb telling then Robert was dead, Ned was a traitor etc. 

Also hope i'm wrong but get the feeling that they've brought Gendry back just to kill him off :( surely somebody from the team will die next week? 

The scroll:

Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.

Edited by Mindimoo

1 hour ago, Mindimoo said:

The scroll:

Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.

"my beloved Joffrey".  Must be a fake!

6 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

Exactly!  Littlefinger is trying to drive a wedge between Arya and Sansa

There was also the comment, designed for Arya to overhear, along the lines of "Lady Stark thanks you for finding this" as if Sansa is trying to keep it secret when in fact she's probably forgotten all about it. He's definitely trying to turn them against each other and I'd guess at some point take Winterfell for himself.

2 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

I paused it and its the message she sent to her mum and Robb telling then Robert was dead, Ned was a traitor etc. 

Also hope i'm wrong but get the feeling that they've brought Gendry back just to kill him off :( surely somebody from the team will die next week? 

Hardly anyone of any significance has died this season (Olenna Tyrell is the only one I can think of)  so I'm expecting a bloodbath next week. 

It's not fake, as i said last page Sansa wrote it to Robb after they killed Ned. Under duress of course.

If Jon dies he will be brought back to life by Berric, who may die in the attempt.

To be honest I reckon everyone bar Jon is a candidate for death. I'd say Tormund, Berric, thoros are going to die for definite, that leaves 4, the hound, gendry, jorah and jon.

In one scene in the preview it looks like Sandor is using Gendry's hammer which could mean he died. Another scene has one horseman riding away, i suspect the horse is Brandon Starks. he seems to be the only person beyond the wall with a living horse. So maybe he bundles the lone survivor on his horse or that's him riding into help.

I'm not sure how they are going to get themselves out of that predicament, maybe dragonglass bearing Nightwatchmen coming in, Bran doing something with crows, Brandon stark coming in like happened when they got into 3 eyed ravens cave, danny appearing with dragons etc.

Edited by phart

4 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

Taking 7 folk to fight a army of the undead seemed unwise to me. No torches, no dragonglass, no horses or dog sleds, and most importantly no Ghost!!

Weird seeing Jon Snow without Ghost in the books he's always thinking about him, and warging into him during his sleep.

6 minutes ago, phart said:

Taking 7 folk to fight a army of the undead seemed unwise to me. No torches, no dragonglass, no horses or dog sleds, and most importantly no Ghost!!

Weird seeing Jon Snow without Ghost in the books he's always thinking about him, and warging into him during his sleep.

Their not going to fight them though, are they.  They're going to try and kidnap one so it's more of a stealth mission!  Given that Jon spent a couple of days in the Cave of Convenient Drawings it wouldn't surprise me if he had managed to chisel a bit of Dragonglass out for a rainy (or snowy) day.

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Their not going to fight them though, are they.  They're going to try and kidnap one so it's more of a stealth mission!  Given that Jon spent a couple of days in the Cave of Convenient Drawings it wouldn't surprise me if he had managed to chisel a bit of Dragonglass out for a rainy (or snowy) day.

:lol:  

Yes it would seem daft if he didnt take any dragonglass with him on this mission considering he was surrounded by the stuff. 

18 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

How can you kidnap one without others being near? They're in the thrall of the nightking, thinking one will be kicking about out of range of the others (no pun intended) so easy to capture is a bad gameplan imo.

Also need fire for wights dragon glass is for actual white-walkers.

I'd be trying to get some wildfire as well.

7 hours ago, phart said:

How can you kidnap one without others being near? They're in the thrall of the nightking, thinking one will be kicking about out of range of the others (no pun intended) so easy to capture is a bad gameplan imo.

Also need fire for wights dragon glass is for actual white-walkers.

I'd be trying to get some wildfire as well.

We've seen white walkers and undead wandering on their own before - for example the one that Sam killed. They don't always wander around in groups. They're not teenagers.

11 hours ago, biffer said:

We've seen white walkers and undead wandering on their own before - for example the one that Sam killed. They don't always wander around in groups. They're not teenagers.

Wasn't that during a massive snow storm after the battle at the fist of the first men? as opposed to them marching en-masse towards eastwatch as shown by Bran's Ravens.

I take it you haven't seen the preview yet?