Game of Thrones - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just now, ShedTA said:

yes much better. lots of action but some good detailed scenes too. didn't feel like they were skipping about quite so much. they should have extended all the series 7 episodes to 70 mins.

Chat is all the episodes in the final season will be this length or longer, some of them feature length.

Just watched Ep 7, that was brilliant! I reckon I could watch that episode another couple of times and pick up things:

• The Wall, the Dragon and the Night King
  • Theon growing his balls back
  • Euron's ploy
  • Cersei's pact with Euron
  • The Hound and the Mountain face off
  • Sansa getting stronger
  • Little Finger killed
  • Auntie shaggin

and that's just what I remember from watching it once! :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am very , very late to GOT ,  have just finished it conveniently in time for the final series. I have ignored this thread till now to avoid spoilers, have no idea how I have managed to avoid them elsewhere.  

I doubt I have watched a better box set, I really enjoyed every series . Before i watched it I had heard that the first few series were slower,  and it really kicked into life when its popularity provided bigger budgets for the sets.

Tbh I found the earlier series just as enjoyable, bigger budgets do not necessarily mean better TV, although the cinematography was excellent.   

What options are there for viewing the final series? I dont have Sky, is there a way of streaming it onto a Tv as opposed to a laptop? I really have no idea, I dont want to watch it on a lap top .  I would have been prepared to pay to watch it in the cinema if that had been an option.  I am surprised they never went down that route, I think the impact would be fantastic. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I am very , very late to GOT ,  have just finished it conveniently in time for the final series. I have ignored this thread till now to avoid spoilers, have no idea how I have managed to avoid them elsewhere.  

I doubt I have watched a better box set, I really enjoyed every series . Before i watched it I had heard that the first few series were slower,  and it really kicked into life when its popularity provided bigger budgets for the sets.

Tbh I found the earlier series just as enjoyable, bigger budgets do not necessarily mean better TV, although the cinematography was excellent.   

What options are there for viewing the final series? I dont have Sky, is there a way of streaming it onto a Tv as opposed to a laptop? I really have no idea, I dont want to watch it on a lap top .  I would have been prepared to pay to watch it in the cinema if that had been an option.  I am surprised they never went down that route, I think the impact would be fantastic. 

Now tv, you get 1 month free £7.99 for the 2nd month and that should cover the final series. 

18 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Thanks Bonzo 👍 Can you sign up immediately for it or does it take a few days? Just so i know when to sign up. 

If I remember correctly you just register with them and use them as you wish.

39 minutes ago, bonzo said:

If I remember correctly you just register with them and use them as you wish.

Cheers.

I have no idea how I am going to fill my TV viewing time for the next 2 months. I may have to take up Coronation st again. Either that or sword fencing .  

On 2/18/2019 at 9:33 AM, Fairbairn said:

Cheers for that, I'd been trying to figure out how I was going to watch this myself!

On 2/17/2019 at 12:23 PM, TDYER63 said:

Get IPTV? 

You'll have access to Sky Atlantic and HBO.  Also have the episodes on catch up. 

On 2/23/2019 at 11:43 AM, Debian said:

Get IPTV? 

You'll have access to Sky Atlantic and HBO.  Also have the episodes on catch up. 

I had no idea what IPTV was but noticed there was a thread so took a look. Came out in a cold sweat on the first page soon as i read ‘kodi box’ etc.

I am a technical retard, i got one of these boxes about 3 years ago and  was ready to murder someone just trying to install kodi on the box. I watched every season of Breaking Bad with constant buffering and ended up on blood pressure tablets.  

In simple terms and cos I canny be bothered reading 6 pages of the the thread.

1.  is it easy to set up on a TV ?

2. Do you need superfast broadband ?

3. Is it easy to search for things? 

If the answer is yes to all of these how do i get it?

Also, I am currently with Virgin media but I really watch Netflix and Amazon prime more than any  Virgin channels. I have no problems with buffering now but the internet is generally much poorer on iphones etc  than it was when I was with EE. 

Any ideas why that is? I get disconnected constantly when i am not in the room  where the router is. I am thinking of  cancelling the contract but Virgin installed superfast broadband in this area and i am not sure if they are the only company i can use. 

Alternatively I could call Virgin but they will just put me through to someone in India who will say ‘ let me do a test on the line’ . ‘Yes i can see there is a problem’. Can you just switch your router off and back on again 😡