Game of Thrones - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gendry running back to the wall, sending ravens to Dragonstone which is 1000's of miles away and Dany appearing on dragons was ridiculous.

Could have had Bran watching it and sending a raven, or bran sensing it and warging into one of the dragons to make dany wonder what is happening, or even have a dragon sense it and have them getting all antsy.

42 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

wonder where they got the chains from 

Yup, another plot hole.

The more I think about this episode, the more peeved off I am about it. Lazy writing - I just feel the writers wanted GoT out the door so they can focus on new money generating Spin-off or something.

1 minute ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Yup, another plot hole.

The more I think about this episode, the more peeved off I am about it. Lazy writing - I just feel the writers wanted GoT out the door so they can focus on new money generating Spin-off or something.

I've not read the last published book yet but I presume this stuff isn't in it? 

Its all good and enjoyable and it's shock and awe but it doesn't quite feel the same as previous seasons.

12 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

I've not read the last published book yet but I presume this stuff isn't in it? 

Its all good and enjoyable and it's shock and awe but it doesn't quite feel the same as previous seasons.

That is the thing, there is no book for what is currently on TV.

The last book(s) have not been written/published by George RR Martin yet - apparently he gave his plans to HBO producers to complete the TV series.

8 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

That is the thing, there is no book for what is currently on TV.

The last book(s) have not been written/published by George RR Martin yet - apparently he gave his plans to HBO producers to complete the TV series.

Yeah knew we were mainly ahead but wasn't sure if some bits might be in a book.

Ah well.

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 0:12 PM, phart said:

Gendry running back to the wall, sending ravens to Dragonstone which is 1000's of miles away and Dany appearing on dragons was ridiculous.

Could have had Bran watching it and sending a raven, or bran sensing it and warging into one of the dragons to make dany wonder what is happening, or even have a dragon sense it and have them getting all antsy.

Ah, but could Bran be the Night King......? 

Agree though, said at the time, it seemed to take took them days to reach the army of the dead, yet Gendry sprinted back in no time and that's a mighty quick raven they sent south.

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, Donaldo87 said:

wonder where they got the chains from 

DON'T read if you have not watched last episode

You wonder where they got the chains?!  They are an army of the dead led by a man who looks like an icicle who's just ordered his zombies to pull a dead dragon out of the water, one that he killed with a magical ice spear, only to bring it back to half life under his control and you're wondering where they got the chains?!  This lad can just make sh1t happen.  Kwit Fit.

Edit to add spoiler warning

Edited by SMcoolJ

15 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

DON'T read if you have not watched last episode

You wonder where they got the chains?!  They are an army of the dead led by a man who looks like an icicle who's just ordered his zombies to pull a dead dragon out of the water, one that he killed with a magical ice spear, only to bring it back to half life under his control and you're wondering where they got the chains?!  This lad can just make sh1t happen.  Kwit Fit.

Edit to add spoiler warning

:lol:

Yes thats my main gripe hahaha. 

The series has changed and we have to kind of accept that I guess. its now lacking in a lot of detail but is making up for it to some degree with some pretty amazing and dramatic scenes. Just a shame it feels like it has lost some of its realism.

though when we are talking about dragons and white walkers that statement feels a bit daft. :lol:

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

The series has changed and we have to kind of accept that I guess. its now lacking in a lot of detail but is making up for it to some degree with some pretty amazing and dramatic scenes. Just a shame it feels like it has lost some of its realism.

though when we are talking about dragons and white walkers that statement feels a bit daft. :lol:

I do still very much enjoy it, though feel it has lost it's edge since the books "finished". It's lost its shock and awe factor with killing off some of the major characters as no doubt HBO will be looking at how characters pull in viewers, which will have bearing in whether or not they stay in the series or not.