Iceland v England - Page 8 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Iceland v England

wheres the pies

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Well done Iceland...they got exactly what they deserved, as did England. I don't even know why I keep an interest in the effing overpaid underperforming tosspots. I've developed a real soft spot though for Iceland & their fans & hope they can get past France as well. As for tattoo man...he could have bought an up-to-date Manc shirt for what he probably paid for that. It's got to be a temporary one he got in Shoot or something hasn't it?

Yer a good decent man.

Though I despair for some of the loonies though in Nice or when the pubs shut later..

Edited by mariokempes56

Love that McClaren clip. His face and the way he mumbles when the 2nd Iceland goal is scored. Lol. Reminds me of The Office Christmas special when David Brent first sees his 'ugly' date.

The only good thing about nights like this is the humour. Thank god for the gift of laughter.

The usual clueless arrogance from the commentators and pundits. Crouch calling them part timers. Their entire squad are full time playing in leagues all over Europe. They qualified comfortably from a group including the Dutch, Czechs and Turks and were unbeaten in their 3 games in the group stage of the finals. Currently 34 in the FIFA rankings. But Tyldesley is comparing them to San Marino and the USA amateurs of 1950.

3 minutes ago, Jaggy Jim said:

The usual clueless arrogance from the commentators and pundits. Crouch calling them part timers. Their entire squad are full time playing in leagues all over Europe. They qualified comfortably from a group including the Dutch, Czechs and Turks and were unbeaten in their 3 games in the group stage of the finals. Currently 34 in the FIFA rankings. But Tyldesley is comparing them to San Marino and the USA amateurs of 1950.

exactly

54 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I would be accepting of Gareth Southgate getting the England job.

I've mixed feelings about this.  A new manager coming in often gives a team a wee boost, so in that sense it's bad news.  On the other hand, Roy Hodgson's record against Scotland is 3 wins out of 4 (and 1 draw) so maybe it's good we won't face him again.

Then again, Roy Cropper could take charge for those two games and they'd still probably win fairly easily.

2 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Too much (£55) worth it to wind my mates up!

J

Saw it online for £89. That's far too steep. £55 is still a bit steep but maybe worth it for the wind up factor next time I'm down in England or abroad with on the continent and bump into the EDL. 

Just now, Geeman said:

Saw it online for £89. That's far too steep. £55 is still a bit steep but maybe worth it for the wind up factor next time I'm down in England or abroad with on the continent and bump into the EDL. 

I know, I've been winding my mates up mercilessly all night. 

Going camping with them at the weekend, hope it turns up in time.

J

6 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Too much (£55) worth it to wind my mates up!

J

Do you know if they had either of the keeper tops, black or green. I was trying to get one a few weeks ago with no luck