Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

How much worse off is Scotland being, and will continue to be, as a member of the UK throughout this political crisis? Is it possible to put a price on continued membership of the UK. I completely welcome continued economic analysis of the independence argument, but this time there must be a more thorough economic examination of the United Kingdom. Independence is a relative choice, not an absolute one. You cannot evaluate one without the other.

Pity the fool or fools who have to champion a No vote next time regardless of the economics. Scotland must be one hell of a basketcase that we are perpetually tied to the likes of Johnston, Gove and Farage.

Some of the stuff thrown at Corbyn during yesterdays PLP meeting according to: 

http://www.politico.eu/article/inside-account-of-labour-mps-attacks-on-jeremy-corbyn-shadow-cabinet-resignations-brexit

Ian Murray, Edinburgh South

“It’s not about you Jeremy. You’re not just letting the party down, but the whole country.”

Bridget Phillipson, Houghton and Sunderland South

“You’re not fit to be prime minister and you’ve got to resign.”

Alan Johnson, West Hull and Hessle and leader of the Labour In campaign

“I fought the [EU referendum] campaign and I take my responsibility, but you’ve got to take yours. Your office did not even turn up for the weekly meetings.”

Helen Goodman, Bishop Auckland

“You just don’t get it on immigration. You’ve got John McDonnell there in the background like Marc Antony.”

Clive Efford, Eltham

“I gave you the benefit of the doubt. It’s not about yourself Jeremy but you’re not a prime minister and you’re not electable.”

Chris Matheson, Chester

“You’ve got to step down.”

Chris Bryant, Rhonda

“You’re not uniting the party. You’ve got no vision. The only person who can break this logjam is you by resigning.”

Ivan Lewis, Bury South

“It’s time to be honest with yourself. You’re not a leader. You need to go for the sake of the party.”

Margaret Hodge, Barking & Dagenham

“At this moment of grave danger, we simply cannot allow the party to flounder, become utterly irrelevant to the political debate and disintegrate into a second-rate pressure group. Make no mistake — unless we listen to our voters, our party faces political oblivion.”

20 hours ago, Scunnered said:

I can understand your position, as emotional as it is and I daresay the majority could agree with you.  But as with Indyref 1 there are questions to be answered.  No one likes the Blackhole chat but it has to be addressed, especially as the SNP have acknowledged it now which they were right to do.  We could steamroll into independence and be in a bigger cluster#### than the UK finds itself in now.

The SNP set out the white paper for our referendum. The leave campaign set out nothing and have answered questions on immigration and the NHS with lies. They have no clear plan on what the uk should do now but at least the English media have the balls to question these lies. 

29 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The SNP set out the white paper for our referendum. The leave campaign set out nothing and have answered questions on immigration and the NHS with lies. They have no clear plan on what the uk should do now but at least the English media have the balls to question these lies

Pity they didn't do that before the referendum.

On 26/06/2016 at 10:38 PM, Orraloon said:

Will anybody notice? Even the real Scottish Secretary has next to fuk all to do, the shadow guy will have even less to do. Money for auld rope.

Not only that, but no one seems to have noticed if there is or isn't a shadow secretary of state (or is there)?

Maybe they should just have one appointed externally like for NI, and/or combine those jobs

3 hours ago, Mox said:

All these Labour MP's that have stabbed corbyn in the back have done nothing but strengthen my support for the guy.

They're idiots. Complete idiots.

Benn, Murray and the like have to understand that they are part of Labour's problem, not its solution.

Good riddance to them, hopefully they'll lose their seats or be deselected at the next GE.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Do Labour actually want to slip further into oblivion.

Ehhh have you been reading Scunnered's posts these last few weeks, months, years?

I think maybe we have to acknowledge that we are now seeing the deliberate destabilization of the UK and the EU.

13 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Ehhh have you been reading Scunnered's posts these last few weeks, months, years?

I think maybe we have to acknowledge that we are now seeing the deliberate destabilization of the UK and the EU.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Angela Eagle for leader :blink:

Do Labour actually want to slip further into oblivion.

Hope she doesn't become their next leader. 

She's got a voice like rusty nails being driven down a blackboard and then there's that slow patronising way she she speaks. 

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Hope she doesn't become their next leader. 

She's got a voice like rusty nails being driven down a blackboard and then there's that slow patronising way she she speaks. 

Eagles CLP released a public statement saying that they backed Corbyn fully, Eagle can't lead her local branch never mind the party.  Any leadership election would be a 1v1 square go Corbyn v Nandy.

Pat Glass resigns two days after being appointed shadow education secretary

What a bunch of shits the Labour party now is

Have given the Tories a free pass over putting the country in dire straits

The tories could have been toxic for a generation if they had played this right

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Pat Glass resigns two days after being appointed

What a bunch of shits the Labour party now is

Have given the Tories a free pass over putting the country in dire straits

No she hasn't.  She's been misrepresented by the media.  What she has announced is that she will be standing down as an MP at the next election.  She remains in the Shadow Cabinet.