Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 27 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

Just now, aaid said:

So do you want to address the substantive point of where in the Named Person legislation it mentions anything about every child having a state guardian?

What point? That is an invention of yours. I just used guardian in it's normal use, you interpreted me as using it in a legal sense , a definition that you still can't produce by the way. You invented my usage in your own head, and can't actually point to the definition anywhere beyond googling it and putting the first website you find.

There is no substantive point outside the straw-men concocted in your head. Normally i just let all this pish slide as i got older and realised all the arguing i did on here was basically pointless, however every now and again it's good to engage and point out the nonsense.

Just now, aaid said:

Deflect, deflect 

Deflect from what though? You're inventing special definitions that don't exist outside the confines of your skull. If that definition exists then go and get it , instead of linking to interns writing for american law firms.

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

Exactly. False promises during election campaigns are hardly new. 

For sxample, The SNP promised me a 2nd independence referendum if there was a material change in circumstances (such as Scotland leaving the EU despite voting to remain) but they've not delivered. 

We havent left yet... so no material change has occurred...

Edited by stocky

10 minutes ago, phart said:

Deflect from what though? You're inventing special definitions that don't exist outside the confines of your skull. If that definition exists then go and get it , instead of linking to interns writing for american law firms.

Fair enough, I should have done better than that.  I assume that you'll accept the Judiciary of Scotland website as reliable source.   It says :

Guardian A person appointed by a parent or a court to act as the legal representative of the child in the event of the parent's death, or a person appointed by a court to act as guardian in relation to the property, financial affairs or personal welfare of a person with incapacity.

http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/29/0/Glossary/a#G

Now would you explain where in the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014 there is provision to introduce named guardians for everyone?

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

Fair enough, I should have done better than that.  I assume that you'll accept the Judiciary of Scotland website as reliable source.   It says :

Now would you explain where in the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014 there is provision to introduce named guardians for everyone?

I never used guardian in that definition, this isn't the first time i told you this. Now go to the OED and acquaint yourself with the other definitions.

Just now, Orraloon said:

I quite like arguments about definitions. We seem to have had quite a few recently.

It's an argument about interpretation not definition. Once Aaid realises there is a more common usage for the word my post makes sense, rather than it being a premeditated attempt to muddy waters about the named persons act. I was actually just asking thplinth to point out the "left-wing" policies of Sturgeon and gave a policy i saw as being Authoritative as opposed to left-wing. 

Thplinth has failed to point out any left-wing policies as well. Which i have pointed out to thplinth earlier.

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

On 11/13/2018 at 2:20 PM, phart said:

What are the "left-wing" policies.

Sturgeon wanted to introduce named guardians for everyone that's an authoritarian policy.

6 minutes ago, phart said:

I never used guardian in that definition, this isn't the first time i told you this. Now go to the OED and acquaint yourself with the other definitions.

What did you mean then?

1 minute ago, aaid said:

What did you mean then?

The named person policy is an authoritative policy , thplinth had said she had introduced "left-wing policies" i pointed out one that was "right wing" and asked for examples.

It's a simple concept. Is anyone else having trouble understanding the point? Or is it just Aaid?

7 minutes ago, phart said:

It's an argument about interpretation not definition. Once Aaid realises there is a more common usage for the word my post makes sense, rather than it being a premeditated attempt to muddy waters about the named persons act. I was actually just asking thplinth to point out the "left-wing" policies of Sturgeon and gave a policy i saw as being Authoritative as opposed to left-wing. 

Thplinth has failed to point out any left-wing policies as well. Which i have pointed out to thplinth earlier.

I think that using the word "guardian" in respect to that legislation might make it sound more Authoritative than it is. At least in some people's minds anyway?

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think that using the word "guardian" in respect to that legislation might make it sound more Authoritative than it is. At least in some people's minds anyway?

Well authoritative is relative like "near" and "far" insomuch as it depends on where you stand. It's the contents not the title that informs me, It wasn't a cheap rhetorical trick for headline readers it was me asking thplinth a question and just typingh quickly without thinking about the semantic purity of my sentence. It was a quick example as  i wanted counter examples.

If I wanted to emphasize the authoritarian nature i could just list the legislation as i'm familiar with the text having read it all.

Edited by phart

51 minutes ago, phart said:

The named person policy is an authoritative policy , thplinth had said she had introduced "left-wing policies" i pointed out one that was "right wing" and asked for examples.

It's a simple concept. Is anyone else having trouble understanding the point? Or is it just Aaid?

I think the word you're looking for here is authoritarian and not authoritative.   

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

We're leaving. When's my Indy vote? 

If you were getting evicted from your home, would you wait until kicking out day to plan for the future?

Your first question i can't answer. Your second question, i would do everything in my power to fight for my house until the last minute if i believed that i was being evicted because someone else made a fuck up. Appreciate planning ahead is the sensible thing to do but i believe the eviction won't happen.

42 minutes ago, aaid said:

I think the word you're looking for here is authoritarian and not authoritative.   

See how easy it is to get the meaning correct when you want to :)

Weird I was using the word correctly here as well.

On 11/13/2018 at 2:20 PM, phart said:

What are the "left-wing" policies.

Sturgeon wanted to introduce named guardians for everyone that's an authoritarian policy.

Edited by phart

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1046082/brexit-news-claire-perry-defend-theresa-may-labour-mp-claim-no-honour-decency-bbc-qt

Sorry to link to the Express but I could not find the clip anywhere else. It is quite something watching the attempted character assassination of Corbyn using these bogus claims. But at the same time it is mesmerizing watching his seeming impotence in dealing with it. In a way their own monster has returned to kill them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A bunch of power hungry squares who have spat the dummy out at being sidelined. Not one of them has any conviction and I noticed that Kevin O'Donnell was on twitter this morning offering his support and that tells you everything you need to know about this group.