Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

6 hours ago, G-Man said:

I've never understood why he didn't sack Benn after his pro war speech. I like Corbyn and don't like guns ho personalities, especially in politics, but he needs to become a stronger personality and politician. Hopefully this is the start. Labour MPs and MSP's on the whole did like him, the media hate him but the labour electorate seem to really like and support him and I hope he realises this and says "don't let the door hit your supercilious right wing arse on the way out." to every member who resigns. 

I guess because it was a free vote. He should have whipped him, then sacked him for rebelling.

J

Corbyn's speech yesterday in response to this shambles was probably the most embarrassing I've heard any politician make, ever.

Lacking any conviction or passion, he stumbled over words and rambled listlessly about God knows what. It was cringeworthy.

Labour will disappear up their own arsehole under this guy. No wonder the shadow cabinet has resigned.

18 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

I guess because it was a free vote. He should have whipped him, then sacked him for rebelling.

J

Always thought whipping more a Tory thing.

Labour man should have booted him in the baws. 

;) :P

Chris Bryant gone now too

Where's Boris ?

Where's Michael ?

Where's Davey ?

Where's Gideon ?

Oh look - theres a Corbyn squirrel

10 hours ago, Scunnered said:

The People's Champion will be on the ballot should the Blairites be successful in their coup...  He has the overwhelming support of the membership, Chilcot is published in two weeks.  Just need to make sure not too many nutjobs cancel their membership in a reactionary strop without realising Corbyn will be on the ballot.

Apparently there is going to be a legal challenge to prevent Corbyn being on the ballot paper.

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Corbyn's speech yesterday in response to this shambles was probably the most embarrassing I've heard any politician make, ever.

Lacking any conviction or passion, he stumbled over words and rambled listlessly about God knows what. It was cringeworthy.

Labour will disappear up their own arsehole under this guy. No wonder the shadow cabinet has resigned.

I saw that. He can't use autocue well, kept stopping mid way through sentences.  It was painful.

3 hours ago, George Saint said:

I like Jeremy Corbyn but I can't see him ever having enough support within his own party, let alone the country as a whole, to become PM.

I really liked how Chuka Umunna spoke on election night. I'd like to hear more from him because to me he has leadership potential. I don't know enough about his views overall, but I agreed with what he said about the EU. I'm going to be watching him more closely from now on and I hope that he maybe puts himself forward for consideration. I must admit that I don't follow politics as closely as I used to so I don't know if he's turned down the opportunity to stand in the past or not. I just felt that he had the qualities that I look for in a leader.

Umanna is one of your modern politicians. Very polished and always sounds like he's speaking very well, but after 20 minutes of listening to him you realise he hasn't really said anything and you have no idea what he stands for.

Did he not read a speech a while back that hadn't been finished and read out the '(insert uplifting message here)' part word for word?

Edit - it was 'strong message here' that he read out

Edited by neilser
Sp

Is speech giving one of the virtues in a politician folk look for? Look at Blair or Clinton polished as feck. Folk forget Winston churchill got someone to read his shit out.

"

PROOF THAT some of Winston Churchill's most famous radio speeches of the war were delivered by a stand-in has emerged with the discovery of a 78rpm record.

The revelation ends years of controversy over claims - repeatedly denied - that an actor had been officially asked to impersonate the Prime Minister on air"

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2000/oct/29/uknews.theobserver

Edited by phart

7 minutes ago, neilser said:

Did he not read a speech a while back that hadn't been finished and read out the '(insert uplifting message here)' part word for word?

Edit - it was 'strong message here' that he read out

:lol:

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Is speech giving one of the virtues in a politician folk look for? Look at Blair or Clinton polished as feck. Folk forget Winston churchill got someone to read his shit out.

"

PROOF THAT some of Winston Churchill's most famous radio speeches of the war were delivered by a stand-in has emerged with the discovery of a 78rpm record.

The revelation ends years of controversy over claims - repeatedly denied - that an actor had been officially asked to impersonate the Prime Minister on air"

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2000/oct/29/uknews.theobserver

Fair point but think about Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, Martin Luther King and his 'I have a dream' speech or Robin Cook's resignation speech - even Muhammad Ali explaining why he wouldn't fight in the Vietnam war. There's an art to it going back to Cicero. 

On a related note, the National Library of Scotland had Churchill'a papers on display some years back - was fascinating seeing the manuscript additions to the typewritten words - quite often these were the most memorable parts.

1 minute ago, neilser said:

Fair point but think about Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, Martin Luther King and his 'I have a dream' speech or Robin Cook's resignation speech - even Muhammad Ali explaining why he wouldn't fight in the Vietnam war. There's an art to it going back to Cicero. 

On a related note, the National Library of Scotland had Churchill'a papers on display some years back - was fascinating seeing the manuscript additions to the typewritten words - quite often these were the most memorable parts.

i imagine speech giving predates Cicero ;) "  The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways — I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows."

Yeah it's handy but Lincoln wasn't succesful cause he gave the Gettysburg address, is Thomas Jefferson famous for speeches? No. He wrote the deceleration of independence though.

Although i do see your point as well :)

I'd have liked to see those papers, would be very interesting.

10 hours ago, exile said:

Seems the shadow secretary of state for scotland is going/gone

The world shakes!

Will anybody notice? Even the real Scottish Secretary has next to fuk all to do, the shadow guy will have even less to do. Money for auld rope.

9 hours ago, aaid said:

He was the front runner when Miliband resigned but dropped out pretty quickly and in strange circumstances.  He mentioned that he wasn't prepared for the level of media intrusion to his family.  Makes me think there is some big skeleton in his closet somewhere. 

exactly. spoke about wishing to protect his family which attempts to show the politician as brave or selfless but actually means he is looking out for himself and is embarrassed about what the media might run on him . hilariously referred to as "talent" as if he could juggle and do accents when speaking.

also he has a infuriating habit of trying to look strong and answer with conviction when posed with a contentious question. he often starts with "let me be very clear here" but then drifts off into waffle. ticks a lot of boxes political parties look for in MPs but alas has absolutely no principals or views of his own - everything appears to be about his own advancement within the party and his own ambition. I suspect he considered the Tories initially for his career in politics. 

9 hours ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Jeremy Corbyn is not a career politician and refuses to speak repeated shit that the majority do.

He is a good man who is leader of the most disgusting cowardly political party.

Ian Murray, Hillary Benn etc may as well be conservative MPs.

There are good men (and women) in council positions of all over the country, or running bowls clubs, or helping in care homes.

They're not leader of a major political party though, with a duty to push idealism to one side and provide an effective opposition to the government of the day.

Nobody is asking Corbyn to reject his principles. The fact is though, he's not a leader. And with him in charge, Labour are destined for decades in the wilderness.

Reports that Tom Watson is going to advise him to chuck it

There are Lords "resigning" as well seemingly lol

I predict he wont be in charge by the time Iceland kick off against England sadly

Deputy Labour leader Tom Watson tells Jeremy Corbyn to resign, after spate of UK shadow cabinet resignations

Cl8h05EXIAAzB4c.jpg

Edited by Ally Bongo

30 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Deputy Labour leader Tom Watson tells Jeremy Corbyn to resign, after spate of UK shadow cabinet resignations

Cl8h05EXIAAzB4c.jpg

Watson denying it.  Chris Young saying Watson is at it and spent last night phoning Shadow cabinet members telling them to resign.

3 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Aye, we should vote No to independence. We'd miss this shit.

I can understand your position, as emotional as it is and I daresay the majority could agree with you.  But as with Indyref 1 there are questions to be answered.  No one likes the Blackhole chat but it has to be addressed, especially as the SNP have acknowledged it now which they were right to do.  We could steamroll into independence and be in a bigger cluster#### than the UK finds itself in now.