Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 32 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

It's obvious to any SNP/pro-indy Scot what's going on (or at least is should be)... 

I'm glad the SNP haven't exploited this 'Corbyn hates the Jews' pish to score a few political points. Would be disappointed in them if they did.

Edited by Dave78

I think some will know over the years I have been supportive of Israel in many aspects but I an genuinely worried about the political and media campaign to eradicate free speech and genuine criticism of Israeli actions in terms of Palestine and also settlements. I think Corbyn is doing his best but there a 600,000 strong party membership out there. Its quite difficult to control events. 

2 hours ago, Dave78 said:

It's obvious to any SNP/pro-indy Scot what's going on (or at least is should be)... 

I'm glad the SNP haven't exploited this 'Corbyn hates the Jews' pish to score a few political points. Would be disappointed in them if they did.

I agree with this, in fact, I'd expand it to say anybody who has even a cursory knowledge of the history of radical politics ought to be able to understand what is happening here. It isn't that Corbyn is out of his depth at all but that he is facing forces that are simply not going to allow his politics to get anywhere near being implemented. That can either happen by stopping him getting elected altogether (Plan A you might say) or wrecking any attempt to deliver should the unlikely happen (Plan B). Time & time & time again people are asking for clear, solid evidence that anti-Semitism is a real issue at the core of the Labour Party & other than a handful of cases, nothing is really forthcoming. But the party is now being branded a hard-core racist party.

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Funny now Russian influence in the US election and possibly Brexit was unthinkable and a crime but Israeli influence isn’t very well hidden but to question it is anti-Semitic

Fixed. 

On 3/8/2019 at 1:08 PM, phart said:

Always shooting to maim and cripple.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/a-peek-into-the-horrific-findings-of-the-un-report-of-israel-massacre-of-gaza-protesters/256003/

Here are the most important points concluded in the report:

• The commission found in the killings of 189 demonstrators between 30 March and 31 December 2018, 183 were killed with live ammunition, including 35 children, 3 health workers and 2 members of the Press. Only 29 of those killed were members of Palestinian armed groups.
  • Only 4 Israeli snipers were lightly injured, none were killed by demonstrators.
  • 23,313 Palestinian demonstrators were injured during the 2018 demonstrations, 6106 with live ammunition, “contributing to the highest toll of injuries recorded in the Occupied Palestinian Territory since 2005.
  • On the killing of child demonstrators, the commission found “reasonable grounds to believe that Israeli snipers shot them intentionally, knowing that they were children”.
  • On the killing of health workers, “the commission found reasonable grounds to believe that Israeli snipers intentionally shot health workers, despite seeing that they were clearly marked as such”.
  • On the killings of journalists, “the commission found reasonable grounds to believe that Israeli snipers shot journalists intentionally, despite seeing that they were clearly marked as such”.
  • The commission found that both male and female protestors were shot in the groin. The female victims told the commission they are now “unlikely to be able to have children”.
  • The policy of the Israeli Minister of Defense, was to deny passage to any person injured during demonstrations, causing unnecessary deaths and life changing injuries.
  • According to the commission, except in two possible cases, “the use of live ammunition by Israeli security forces against demonstrators was unlawful”.
  • Israel used a “disproportionate use of force”.
  • The “demonstrators were shot in violation of their right to life or of the principle of distinction under international humanitarian law”.
  • The commission found “reasonable grounds to believe that the excessive use of force by Israeli security forces violated the rights” of thousands of demonstrators who were peaceful.
  • The commission found “reasonable grounds” to believe that Israel violated “The Convention on the Rights of the Child”.
  • “Violations of international law, such as those committed by Israeli security forces and set out in this report, give rise to State responsibility…”.

Still no comment on this from Tom Watson?

Glad to see the grass roots are trying to get rid of the guy. Loathsome turd. This pretty much also hits the nail on the head for me about Corbyn at the moment. 

http://www.europereloaded.com/uk-labour-party-members-rebel-against-suspension-of-chris-williamson-mp-for-bogus-claims-of-anti-semitism/

8 hours ago, thplinth said:

https://www.mintpressnews.com/a-peek-into-the-horrific-findings-of-the-un-report-of-israel-massacre-of-gaza-protesters/256003/

Still no comment on this from Tom Watson?

Glad to see the grass roots are trying to get rid of the guy. Loathsome turd. This pretty much also hits the nail on the head for me about Corbyn at the moment. 

http://www.europereloaded.com/uk-labour-party-members-rebel-against-suspension-of-chris-williamson-mp-for-bogus-claims-of-anti-semitism/

Yay

Bold Bibi going even further right.

Israel is not a state of all its citizens. According to the Nation-State Law that we passed, Israel is the nation-state of the Jewish People - and them alone."

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israel-belongs-to-jews-alone-netanyahu-responds-to-tv-star-on-arab-equality-1.7003348

Who would have known that Bibi was an anti-semite.

Israel is an apartheid state.

-Bibi Netanyahu, March 2019

Edited by phart

• 3 weeks later...

It's old news now; what about the countless times in the last couple of years Labour have abstained or voted with the Tories?

Thatcher came to the power because a groundswell of people voted for her; the timing of the election is a footnote in history. 

14 minutes ago, exile said:

It's old news now; what about the countless times in the last couple of years Labour have abstained or voted with the Tories?

Thatcher came to the power because a groundswell of people voted for her; the timing of the election is a footnote in history. 

People mostly read the headlines and not the replies

I am almost certain someone from Scottish Labour must have engineered this

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'm pretty sure it had SLab plastered all over it.   Mind you the only people that would either believe it or be bothered would be halfwit SLab activists who'll never vote SNP anyway.

22 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If we are talking about today's tweet from Jeremy Corbyn, then it is headed by the Scottish Labour logo, and ends with Scottish Labour, including Jeremy hugging the (I think) Scottish Labour leader guy, (I hardly know what he looks like). But I think anyway it's old news, most people on Twitter probably are not that familiar with  the details of 1979.  The first few responses are robust enough, for anyone actually bothered to work out why Jezza is recycling history. 

1 hour ago, exile said:

Absolutely.  There had to be an election at some point in 1979, and Labour were going to lose it whenever it was.

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

There is a lot of rancid, thuggish, pondlife enlisted in the British Army.

However most people refuse to believe it and convince themselves that they are all salt of the earth, cheeky chappie "squaddies". Not true.

This is why there is no in depth explanation required as to why JC will not be Prime Minister 

The smearing of him as an IRA/HAMAS sympathiser has stuck big time 

There are still people in Scotland with that mindset and cannot see through it but far less than there was 40 years ago 

England however has not had that, shall we say, enlightenment