Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 26 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

Although i am not a corbyn man he has played the brexit issue like i would have had i been the SNP, they have held onto their support in northeast brexit voting england while picking up pro europe votes throughout the country.

i think a labour government under corbyn in the middle of brexit would have the arse fall out of the markets 

Oh yeah he is treading the very thin almost invisible line to being PM a lot more adroitly than Sturgeon is to finding independence. His strategy of letting the other side implode is working (as long as they decide to keep imploding). He is very soft though. It may fall into his lap. But if it did what would he do? 

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Although i am not a corbyn man he has played the brexit issue like i would have had i been the SNP, they have held onto their support in northeast brexit voting england while picking up pro europe votes throughout the country.

i think a labour government under corbyn in the middle of brexit would have the arse fall out of the markets 

That's the difference between Labour and the SNP

The SNP have been pragmatic whilst Labour and Tories offer non commital pipe dreams so they dont lose votes - and that's being kind to Corbyn who has been useless if you are a Labour remain voter 

There comes a time when the piper has to be paid and both those parties are approaching that day fast

There is absolutely no contest between Sturgeon and Corbyn with regards who has handled Brexit better unless you spend your days reading alt right websites and are developing some misogynistic traits ....

And that's the thing about "playing"

He is - She isnt

He is playing for popularity and votes

She is trying to protect Scotland's interests

Edited by Ally Bongo

5 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The UK voted to leave the EU, all the parties should respect this and act accordingly.

Exactly. False promises during election campaigns are hardly new. 

For sxample, The SNP promised me a 2nd independence referendum if there was a material change in circumstances (such as Scotland leaving the EU despite voting to remain) but they've not delivered. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Exactly. False promises during election campaigns are hardly new. 

For sxample, The SNP promised me a 2nd independence referendum if there was a material change in circumstances (such as Scotland leaving the EU despite voting to remain) but they've not delivered. 

Scotland haven't left the EU, yet. 

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

There is absolutely no contest between Sturgeon and Corbyn with regards who has handled Brexit better unless you spend your days reading alt right websites and are developing some misogynistic traits ....

7 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Hahaha tremendous 

Aye you might start to think making continual false accusations against people that criticize their cult leader was their MO.

On 6/24/2016 at 7:16 PM, aaid said:

I think he's a bit of a misogynist as well. He always used to go on about how much better Salmond was than Sturgeon. 

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

That's the difference between Labour and the SNP

The SNP have been pragmatic whilst Labour and Tories offer non commital pipe dreams so they dont lose votes - and that's being kind to Corbyn who has been useless if you are a Labour remain voter 

There comes a time when the piper has to be paid and both those parties are approaching that day fast

And that's the thing about "playing"

He is - She isnt

He is playing for popularity and votes

She is trying to protect Scotland's interests

I get what you are saying, however sometimes to get what you want in politics you need to do what you dont want to first(if that makes sense🤔) although shit, doing the right thing doesn’t always mean its a vote winner, and thats what i think nicola lacks, i have no doubt her heart is in the right place in many of her policies but i think she leaves herself wide open at times 

18 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Aye you might start to think making continual false accusations against people that criticize their cult leader was their MO.

The worst bit is i am a active SNP member, i like to think i am open minded i will alway support independence and that means trying to influence or hold to account the party when i think they are steering off course, as independence relies completely on the SNP

Edited by hampden_loon2878

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

For clarity this was NOT directed @HampdenLoon

4 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Scotland haven't left the EU, yet. 

We're leaving. When's my Indy vote? 

If you were getting evicted from your home, would you wait until kicking out day to plan for the future?

45 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We're leaving. When's my Indy vote? 

If you were getting evicted from your home, would you wait until kicking out day to plan for the future?

You'll need to ask your Dad. It was him that stopped paying the rent and got you evicted in the first place.

49 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You'll need to ask your Dad. It was him that stopped paying the rent and got you evicted in the first place.

That's a new low in horrendous patter, even for a tediously dull guy like yourself. 

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

Indeed notice how the "specific legal definition" hasn't actually appeared, but of course it's misleading in the extreme. Zero substance just opposition based on identity not actual facts. In the hands of someone more competent it could be construed as sinister, since it's just some random on a forum it is more funny. At some point i'll get bored and just dump my nuclear arsenal of all publicly available information on here and amuse myself with the fallout.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Indeed notice how the "specific legal definition" hasn't actually appeared, but of course it's misleading in the extreme. Zero substance just opposition based on identity not actual facts. In the hands of someone more competent it could be construed as sinister, since it's just some random on a forum it is more funny. At some point i'll get bored and just dump my nuclear arsenal of all publicly available information on here and amuse myself with the fallout.

Here you go - https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/what-is-a-legal-guardian.html

I think as far as Scotland is concerned the relevant legislation is the Guardianship 1973 act and Children (Scotland) Act.

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Here you go - https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/what-is-a-legal-guardian.html

I think as far as Scotland is concerned the relevant legislation is the Guardianship 1973 act and Children (Scotland) Act.

" Guardian has a very specific legal definition wrt to children" and you essentially post This (see below)

a site asking for zip codes. So i ask again what is the "very specific legal definition wrt to children" in the context of Scotland not a country that uses zip codes. I know you were making a facile point so it's funny watching you try and substantiate your pish by googling after the fact.

What Is a Legal Guardian?

Find a Local Family Lawyer near You
(may not be the same place you live)

Can't find a category? Click here

What Is a Legal Guardian?

•  

Legal guardians are individuals that have legal authority to care for another person. The individual being cared for is called a ward. Legal guardians must take care of their ward's personal and property interests.

Legal guardianship is commonly used for:

Legal guardians for minors are the most common guardianship. A legal guardian acts as the primary caretaker of a child or minor. This person may be personally selected by the child’s biological parents, or appointed by the court. Guardianship arrangements are necessary when a child's biological parents are unable to provide care.

What Are the Rights and Duties of a Legal Guardian?

Becoming a legal guardian involves many different legal rights and duties. A legal guardian generally has the right to make legal decisions on behalf of the child. These can include decisions, such as where to live, where to send the child to school, and other important aspects.

Responsibilities of a legal guardian are also broad. In most cases, the legal guardian also has legal and physical custody of the child. This means that they must fulfill duties in the same way as a parent would for their child. These responsibilities may include:

• Providing food
  • Purchasing clothing
  • Providing shelter for the child
  • Maintaining the child’s physical and emotional health
  • Protecting the child from safety hazards

Find the Right Family Lawyer

Hire the right lawyer near your location

Is Guardianship Permanent?

This depends on the order issued by the court. Legal guardianship of a minor will generally end when the child reaches the age of majority (usually 18 years old). Guardianship may also end for other reasons, for instance if the guardian becomes incapacitated.

Also, some legal guardianship arrangements are designed to be temporary at the outset. This is common if the biological parents request for the guardianship to be temporary, or if there is a pressing emergency situation involved.

Should I Get a Lawyer If I Have a Legal Guardian Issue?

Yes. Legal guardianship determinations are treated seriously in family law courts. These will affect the child’s future upbringing as well as the rights of the biological parents. If you need help with legal guardian laws in your area, you should contact an experienced family law attorney. Your lawyer can provide you with legal advice and represent you during guardianship hearings in court.

Photo of page author Jessica Tran
Jessica Tran

LegalMatch Legal Writer

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Last Modified: 04-11-2018 07:28 PM PDT

Link to this page: Law Library Disclaimer

Also lets look at the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

The Legal Information Provided in this Web site is for General Reference Only and Should Not be Relied Upon - You Should Always Consult a Lawyer to Determine Your Legal Rights.

This site only provides general information about the law which is designed only to help users of the site learn more about their own legal needs. But general legal information is not the same as legal advice - true legal advice is the application of local and federal law to an individual's specific circumstances, and true legal advice can only be given by a lawyer.

This Web site is not operated by a law firm, and the content provided by this site should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a qualified lawyer. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, the laws vary considerably in different jurisdictions (from State to State and from County to County) and laws change frequently. As a result, you should never rely on the accuracy or applicability of the information provided by this Web site because there is no substitute for true legal advice from a lawyer. We strongly recommend you consult a lawyer to discuss the laws in your area and how they apply to your particular situation.

They state themselves it is legal information not advice

Edited by phart

Then finally we go to the author.

Jessica Tran who is " Legal Content Developer – Intern at LegalMatch"

so an intern at LegalMatch wrote that. Let's look at LegalMatch

" LegalMatch is a private U.S. corporation established in 1999 as an online legal matching service to help people find prescreened local lawyers, and to help attorneys get leads matching their legal specialty. LegalMatch operates its legal matching service in all 50 United States. "

So citing an intern writing for an American Law firm as the " Guardian has a very specific legal definition wrt to children" Then have the gall to say "I'ts misleading in the extreme to use that in relation to the named person legislation. "

Who has misled who here? Let's open up the phone to callers and let's see.