Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

This is probably what the Labour party needed. Corbyn has been too timid with the sons and daughters of Thatcher. Hopefully this will force his hand to start getting rid of these Blairites. He should go back to the folk who elected him and say "back me or sack me".

38 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That bitter wee fud Ian Murray is resigning too :lol: :wave:

Who the hell is gonna be the Shadow Scottish Secretary ?

Plenty of Scots Labour MPs down south I suppose. Whether any support JC is another matter...

24 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

This is probably what the Labour party needed. Corbyn has been too timid with the sons and daughters of Thatcher. Hopefully this will force his hand to start getting rid of these Blairites. He should go back to the folk who elected him and say "back me or sack me".

Spot on. Make a start with John Mann - utter .

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Plenty of Scots Labour MPs down south I suppose. Whether any support JC is another matter...

And one of them Ann Coffey was behind the motion of no-confidence !

They have the option to drag someone from the Lords over for Scottish questions. Plenty of mediocre Scottish Labour "talent" in the Lords.

Wonder if they'll haul old man Foulkes off the bathroom floor for one last go at "the natz".

The People's Champion will be on the ballot should the Blairites be successful in their coup...  He has the overwhelming support of the membership, Chilcot is published in two weeks.  Just need to make sure not too many nutjobs cancel their membership in a reactionary strop without realising Corbyn will be on the ballot.

3 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

The People's Champion will be on the ballot should the Blairites be successful in their coup...  He has the overwhelming support of the membership, Chilcot is published in two weeks.  Just need to make sure not too many nutjobs cancel their membership in a reactionary strop without realising Corbyn will be on the ballot.

I understand there is some difference of opinion in how the rules are interpreted as to whether he would automatically be on the ballot.

2 minutes ago, neilser said:

Corbyn'll be fired up for the Chilcott report with all the force of  a mildly irked geography teacher when they receive an essay that was due in last week.

To be fair extreme emotions isn't something i want in a leader. Corbyn lack of backbone is more cause for concern than his passion levels.

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

I understand there is some difference of opinion in how the rules are interpreted as to whether he would automatically be on the ballot.

There was last year when chats of coups started.  The NEC would automatically put Corbyn on a ballot, this was grudgingly accepted by Dark Lord Blair at the start of the year when he was warning his minions to behave themselves prior to the council elections.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

59 minutes ago, phart said:

To be fair extreme emotions isn't something i want in a leader. Corbyn lack of backbone is more cause for concern than his passion levels.

I've never understood why he didn't sack Benn after his pro war speech. I like Corbyn and don't like guns ho personalities, especially in politics, but he needs to become a stronger personality and politician. Hopefully this is the start. Labour MPs and MSP's on the whole did like him, the media hate him but the labour electorate seem to really like and support him and I hope he realises this and says "don't let the door hit your supercilious right wing arse on the way out." to every member who resigns. 

1 hour ago, neilser said:

A forensic mind and competence are also good hallmarks 

competence is the number one thing. So hard to find competence in all things these days.

8 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I've never understood why he didn't sack Benn after his pro war speech. I like Corbyn and don't like guns ho personalities, especially in politics, but he needs to become a stronger personality and politician. Hopefully this is the start. Labour MPs and MSP's on the whole did like him, the media hate him but the labour electorate seem to really like and support him and I hope he realises this and says "don't let the door hit your supercilious right wing arse on the way out." to every member who resigns. 

He needs to turn and make a stand at some point, this might be the best time to do so.

3 hours ago, Scotunited said:

The best part of this is that Tom Warson was at Glastonbury partying until 4am and totally unaware of what was happening, 

Better excuse than Major's toothache.

I like Jeremy Corbyn but I can't see him ever having enough support within his own party, let alone the country as a whole, to become PM.

I really liked how Chuka Umunna spoke on election night. I'd like to hear more from him because to me he has leadership potential. I don't know enough about his views overall, but I agreed with what he said about the EU. I'm going to be watching him more closely from now on and I hope that he maybe puts himself forward for consideration. I must admit that I don't follow politics as closely as I used to so I don't know if he's turned down the opportunity to stand in the past or not. I just felt that he had the qualities that I look for in a leader.

42 minutes ago, George Saint said:

I like Jeremy Corbyn but I can't see him ever having enough support within his own party, let alone the country as a whole, to become PM.

I really liked how Chuka Umunna spoke on election night. I'd like to hear more from him because to me he has leadership potential. I don't know enough about his views overall, but I agreed with what he said about the EU. I'm going to be watching him more closely from now on and I hope that he maybe puts himself forward for consideration. I must admit that I don't follow politics as closely as I used to so I don't know if he's turned down the opportunity to stand in the past or not. I just felt that he had the qualities that I look for in a leader.

He was the front runner when Miliband resigned but dropped out pretty quickly and in strange circumstances.  He mentioned that he wasn't prepared for the level of media intrusion to his family.  Makes me think there is some big skeleton in his closet somewhere.