Indy Ref 2 - Page 830 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The typical Brit nat sycophancy towards the USA is something to behold. The only external nation, it seems, that they respect or tolerate interfering in UK affairs (e.g. over Ireland) - and they hate that.

Spectator types completely losing their shit over the New York Times telling a few home truths about the royal family and the state of the UK.

The New York Times is on a ‘jihad’ against the UK and Queen Elizabeth

I don't think there is enough emphasis put on the fact that prior to 1707 Scotland was an independent nation.  We are not wanting to become independent; we are wanting to REGAIN our independence which was sold, against the wishes of Scotland, by the aristocracy who held the power in the early 18th century.  Independence is putting right a historical wrong.

3 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I don't think there is enough emphasis put on the fact that prior to 1707 Scotland was an independent nation.  We are not wanting to become independent; we are wanting to REGAIN our independence which was sold, against the wishes of Scotland, by the aristocracy who held the power in the early 18th century.  Independence is putting right a historical wrong.

And if you look at it another way - using the method used in 1707 then Scotland should be granted its independence now. In 1707 Scotland lost its independence on vote of Scottish Parliament - the people never got a vote. Do the same now and Scotland would have its independence.

I’m extremely proud to be Scottish tonight. Brave sportsmen. Grit. Determination. And a resounding rejection of Queen Elizabeth booed off Hampden Park.

Football is part of the psyche of the Scottish people. When the team does well, it lifts the nation. When the Tartan Army boos the Monarchy, you know the natives are restless and its a turning point in history. 

Nicola's not moved the Independence notch one dial with her softy soft approach in 8 years. She's proud to be British i.e English. She swears allegiance to King Charles and sings God save the Queen with Ian Blackford.

The Alba Party refuses to swear allegiance to the Crown. They speak the language of the working class. They'll get my vote in 2024 after the pretenderendum doesn't go ahead and while the SNP bow their heads and self identify as Royalists. 

Saor Alba. Free Scotland. Our day will come.

That's encouraging. I'd like to see a link to that survey! 

Big Eck may be a Royalist, not me.

I believe the voice of the working class is to abolish the monarchy. Voted for at the Alba conference. Therefore. Democracy wins at the Alba conference. 

You won't be allowed to vote alternative routes to Independence at the SNP conference. Or to set the agenda on anything unless you're woke. You won't get to attend the Yestival. It's been deliberately set on the same day! Surprise surprise - not! 

The attention seeking, Head bowing, defender of the true Protestant faith - and fawning imbecile - Nicola Sturgeon, won't allow it.

She wants to swim with the sharks and sings God Save the King. 

Fortunately those pesky Scottish nationalists, with their own free minds and free will are able to think for themselves and take to the streets for Independence without them. 

Saor Alba. 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

I see that “the SNP” is currently trending on Twitter.  That tends to occur when something happens that sends the Yoons into a meltdown.  And then this maniac above coincidentally turns up after an absence at the same time.  Funny that. 

I share the opion of SNP commentator, "Peter Bell" - Analysis on the Independence Survey. 

https://peterabell.scot/2022/09/22/the-barren-unchanging-landscape/

"The SNP has done nothing to advance Scotland’s cause in all of that time. And, it must be acknowledged, neither has anybody else.

While the Sturgeon/SNP loyalists work themselves into a lather of excitement over nothing of any consequence, more sober heads are asking why the hell support for independence isn’t at least ten points higher. By the SNP’s own account, the British state has been creating the ideal circumstances for the idea of restoring Scotland’s independence to flourish. By that same account, the behaviour of the British government over those eight years has been driving support for Yes. If that is true, then it falls to the SNP to explain the total absence of any evidence for this effect."

My opinion - We're all Agent Provacteurs in the Eyes of Nicola. Like the Irish Independence Party of 1918 - replaced by Sinn Fein. They have come to an agreement with the colonial oppressors rather than settling up. 

The Yestival in Freedom Square on the 8th of October where the freedom fighters like James Connolly and Padraig Pearse will be standing as they rally to the clarian call of liberty. Here we go! 

1 minute ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

Like the Irish Independence Party of 1918 - replaced by Sinn Fein. They have come to an agreement with the colonial oppressors rather than settling up. 

The Yestival in Freedom Square on the 8th of October where the freedom fighters like James Connolly and Padraig Pearse will be standing as they rally to the clarian call of liberty. Here we go! 

*checks notes* 100 years on, Northern Ireland is still part of the UK

3 hours ago, aaid said:

*checks notes* 100 years on, Northern Ireland is still part of the UK

The Alba Party for the pebescite election of 2024. 

Because Nicola's not going to get her pretenderendum. 

The Alba Party proposes a yes movement, cross party Independence voting block in 2024 to encompass all in the Independence vote.

Once Nicola's pretenderendum is officially rejected in the English supreme Court. 

Will this Independence cross party alliance be an abstensionist voting block? Soon to be debated at the Alba conference I'm certain. 

Will the soup taking, Gravy drinking, King Charles nodding dogs i.e. The SNP get on board?

Or will they fall the way of the Irish Independence Party and be replaced by people with the gumption and spine to deliver the will of the people? Sinn Fein, 1918.

We will soon find out. But I think I already know the answer. 

The people will deliver Independence. The SNP will have to move with the people at the Yestival and not the other way around. We will set the agenda Nicola has failed to do in 8 years while the Tories continue to starve us. The Yes movement will be the voice of change. The SNP can either carp from the sidelines or get on board with the working class. We want our liberty. 

Big Eck's gone nowhere. He's leading the charge from the ground up. Providing the paths to freedom. I was with Eck. Will always be with Eck. Big Eck. Alex Salmond. The leader. Until the last rebel. 

Irish_UK_election_1918.png

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

16 minutes ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

The Alba Party proposes a yes movement, cross party Independence voting block in 2024 to encompass all in the Independence vote.

Once Nicola's pretenderendum is officially rejected in the English supreme Court. 

Will this Independence cross party alliance be an abstensionist voting block? Soon to be debated at the Alba conference I'm certain. 

Will the soup taking, Gravy drinking, King Charles nodding dogs i.e. The SNP get on board?

Or will they fall the way of the Irish Independence Party and be replaced by people with the gumption and spine to deliver the will of the people? Sinn Fein, 1918.

The people will deliver Independence. The SNP will have to move with the people at the Yestival and not the other way around. We will set the agenda Nicola has failed to do in 8 years while the Tories continue to starve us. The Yes movement will be the voice of change. The SNP can either carp from the sidelines or get on board with the working class. We want our liberty. 

Big Eck's gone nowhere. He's leading the charge from the ground up. Providing the paths to freedom. I was with Eck. Will always be with Eck. Big Eck. Alex Salmond. The leader. Until the last rebel. 

It’s Port Glasgow Bhoy, isn’t it.

6 hours ago, Alibi said:

I think we can all see that he or she is an agent provocateur.  Probably actually a yoon rather than an Alba member.

He seems to have been reading the “Idiots guide to Irish Republicanism” on his sabbatical.  God help him when he finds out that Sinn Fein are a lot more woker than the SNP are.

1 hour ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

I think you're proving @aaid's point. If Alba are the hardline equivalents to Sinn Fein, in 1918... What happened was that they failed to convince the Unionists, and lost almost all those constituencies that did not vote for them. To this day, all those areas in purple and light green, with the exception of one area in Donegal, are lost to the Irish state, and still chafe under the yoke of His Majesty King Charles III. Not a great model for Scotland, surely?

Edited by exile

IPP - The Irish Independence Party. Lack of Action on Home Rule. Replaced. 

Sinn Fein - Promised Independence. Delivered the Irish Republic. 

SNP 2022 - Lack of Action on Independence. 7 mandates. Brexit. Cost of living. War with Russia as the latest excuse. Will they take their seats and swear allegiance to the Crown in 2024 after the pretenderendum isn't delivered? We'll soon find out. 

Alba = The voice of the working class, the Sinn Fein of 2022. An abstensionist party? Well soon find out. They are going around the country whipping up support with the Wee Alba Book. They have all the ideas. They are on the streets like the leaders of 16. The Yestival. 

The SNP won't be there. They'll be singing God Save the King at the Party conference on the 8th of October! You just know it!

The people will deliver Independence when our elected representatives stop working for us. Like James Connolly. Punket and pearse. The radicals and activists of today will make it happen.

The SNP are the IPP of today. 

It's time for an uprising. 

United_Kingdom_general_election_Dec_1910_in_Ireland.svg.png

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

1 hour ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

IPP - The Irish Independence Party. Lack of Action on Home Rule. Replaced. 

Sinn Fein - Promised Independence. Delivered the Irish Republic. 

SNP 2022 - Lack of Action on Independence. 7 mandates. Brexit. Cost of living. War with Russia as the latest excuse. Will they take their seats and swear allegiance to the Crown in 2024 after the pretenderendum isn't delivered? We'll soon find out. 

Alba = The voice of the working class, the Sinn Fein of 2022. An abstensionist party? Well soon find out. They are going around the country whipping up support with the Wee Alba Book. They have all the ideas. They are on the streets like the leaders of 16. The Yestival. 

The SNP won't be there. They'll be singing God Save the King at the Party conference on the 8th of October! You just know it!

The people will deliver Independence when our elected representatives stop working for us. Like James Connolly. Punket and pearse. The radicals and activists of today will make it happen.

The SNP are the IPP of today. 

It's time for an uprising. 

United_Kingdom_general_election_Dec_1910_in_Ireland.svg.png

By your analogy, it's not necessary to persuade Unionists, it's fine to take independence only for the parts of Scotland where Yes is in the majority? The No voting areas of Scotland can stay in the UK as subjects of the Crown? 

13 hours ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

That's encouraging. I'd like to see a link to that survey! 

Big Eck may be a Royalist, not me.

I believe the voice of the working class is to abolish the monarchy. Voted for at the Alba conference. Therefore. Democracy wins at the Alba conference. 

You won't be allowed to vote alternative routes to Independence at the SNP conference. Or to set the agenda on anything unless you're woke. You won't get to attend the Yestival. It's been deliberately set on the same day! Surprise surprise - not! 

The attention seeking, Head bowing, defender of the true Protestant faith - and fawning imbecile - Nicola Sturgeon, won't allow it.

She wants to swim with the sharks and sings God Save the King. 

Fortunately those pesky Scottish nationalists, with their own free minds and free will are able to think for themselves and take to the streets for Independence without them. 

Saor Alba. 

Alba party will win fuck all, it's a grim bunch of weirdos, Sheridan and Salmond are roasters.

The SNP isn't perfect at all, but it's hopefully a means to an end. They really have to get it right this time, if there is another vote in the next couple of years and it goes to No again then that's it for another 10-15 years.

As the no voters have said, "do you just keep holding referendums until you get the answer you want? "

We can't do that, we have one more chance in the next wee while and then that's it. 

5 hours ago, Kirk said:

As the no voters have said, "do you just keep holding referendums until you get the answer you want? "

We can't do that, we have one more chance in the next wee while and then that's it. 

As long as there is the current level of support for independence then the question will be asked. The unionists have mission impossible - to quell support for independence, dampen the passions and transform Scots back into mindless slaves who kow-tow to the will of Westminster and the union. There is far less chance of that happening and far more likelihood that support for indepence will rise.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

14 hours ago, aaid said:

He seems to have been reading the “Idiots guide to Irish Republicanism” on his sabbatical.  God help him when he finds out that Sinn Fein are a lot more woker than the SNP are.

"a lot more woke" or just "woker". "A lot more woker" is awful.

I don't expect to be thanked.

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

As long as there is the current level of support for independence then the question will be asked. The unionists have mission impossible - to quell support for independence, dampen the passions and transform Scots back into mindless slaves who kow-tow to the will of Westminster and the union. There is far less chance of that happening and far more likelihood that support for indepence will rise.

I know what you mean but we still have to get this right this time. 

We will look like dicks if it's a no vote and we hit out with "let's have another referendum" a couple of years later again

3 hours ago, Kirk said:

I know what you mean but we still have to get this right this time. 

We will look like dicks if it's a no vote and we hit out with "let's have another referendum" a couple of years later again

I agree. The result of the next one will decide things for for at least another 20+ years. We are 8 years past the last one , if we fail again there will be no justification for another one. The UK Government could dismantle Scotland piece by piece and we will just have to suck it up because for a second time in 10 years we will have chosen to hang onto the UK’s apron strings. 

In the short term the SNP are THE only party that can get us independence. I am not saying other pro independence parties shouldn’t be considered but the SNP are the only party big enough to be noticed or taken seriously.  

IMO we need to throw the kitchen sink at it if we get the chance of a vote in the next couple of years .