Indy Ref 2 - Page 805 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Some wild rumours circulating just now involving a top snp figure,, can all these stories be made up or are there substance to any of them,,

What are they ?

3 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Something about a high up figure being attacked with a knife however does not want the police to take it any further 🤷‍♂️ Must be shite 

Grow up ya Snp hater, or should I say, says he wants independence, then bollocks the best tool that can achieve it. We all want the same, just loose the shite.

46 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Grow up ya Snp hater, or should I say, says he wants independence, then bollocks the best tool that can achieve it. We all want the same, just loose the shite.

Am a member of the snp pal so don’t give me that shit, anyone who knows me, knows how committed I am to Scottish independence. Just because I question the direction of the leadership and call out their bullshit doesn’t make me any less of a supporter. The biggest threat to independence is incompetence in government.

On 8/5/2022 at 4:31 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Necessary is quite a vague term but my opinion is that the bare minimum of necessary means being wiling to put an x in the box for the snp or a party you severly dislike and be willing to endure a few years(maybe more) of financial hardship in order to obtain independence. 

Hardline nationalist imo ranges from carrying out minor civil disobedience to full blown militant behavior and being willing to die for the cause.

Its becoming clear to me over the years that scotland really doesnt have enough of either groups to really be pushing for independence. 

We have maybe third of our population who are willing to do whats 'necessary' and i doubt we have much more than a few thousand hardline nationalists if even that.

Its a hard pill to swallow but i think the nationalist movement may have to accept defeat and try and move forward within the uk. Not what i want but then as i said we dont have enough ppl who are willing to endure hardship.

Settle down. The polls are nearly 50 / 50. Die for the cause 😂😂

On 8/3/2022 at 12:00 PM, TDYER63 said:

IMO NS is in a no win situation.  She criticises the UK government and its reported as ‘Sturgeon whingin/Tory bad, yawn yawn. . She doesn’t  and its ‘ she is cosying up to them. The UK government’s short comings really do need to be highlighted by a different source.
With regards to Brexit/ fuel prices, unionists will just argue that the fuel and high inflation is something that the world is trying to cope with. The media are totally compliant . 

What about some accountability as to where the funds provided to SG over last couple of years has actually gone to.

the fact that is never asked by our Scottish Media is dreadful.

swinney looking for more cash for public sector workers now as well.

The kind of secret squirrel attitude as to where money actually goes is a major reason why a yes vote could never be won 

1 hour ago, DAVIDB46 said:

What about some accountability as to where the funds provided to SG over last couple of years has actually gone to.

The kind of secret squirrel attitude as to where money actually goes is a major reason why a yes vote could never be won 

Oh fuck off

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

If that makes you feel better, fill yer boots 

Check the membership rules, in particular these two clauses.

https://documents.snp.org/2018_11_03_Membership_Rules.pdf

4.3 Members must not—
(a) breach the Codes of Conduct;
(b) contest, or declare an intention to contest, any parliamentary or local government election except as an authorised Party candidate;
(c) be a member of a political party expected to contest elections in opposition to the Party; or
(d) be a member of any organisation inconsistent with Party membership.

4.4 Membership ceases when a member—
(a) intimates their resignation to the Party;
(b) publicly resigns;
(c) does not pay their subscription to the Party;
(d) becomes ineligible for membership; or
(e) is expelled from the Party.

So from the point when you joined Alba, you were in breach of the membership rules under section 4.3c and because of section 4.4d, your membership ceased.  Just because your branch and/or head office haven't caught up with you yet doesn't change anything.   Someone with honesty and integrity would resign rather than lying.

Edited by aaid

2 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Are you for real ? The media doesnt question the SG ? Have you never read the Mail or Express ? Thought they would be right up your street. Not a day goes by but the Mail is greetin about the SG/SNP. I mean NOT A DAY. The Daily Record are not much better. 

32 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Are you for real ? The media doesnt question the SG ? Have you never read the Mail or Express ? Thought they would be right up your street. Not a day goes by but the Mail is greetin about the SG/SNP. I mean NOT A DAY. The Daily Record are not much better. 

Today the Daily Mail are running with the SNP spending Covid cash on ....wait for it ...Ferries

The most scrutinised Government in possibly the World that has to operate with a fixed budget - they cant find anything so they lie like fuck

Davie is probably longing for the days when British Labour sent the underspend of that fixed budget back to Westminster

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Check the membership rules, in particular these two clauses.

https://documents.snp.org/2018_11_03_Membership_Rules.pdf

So from the point when you joined Alba, you were in breach of the membership rules under section 4.3c and because of section 4.4d, your membership ceased.  Just because your branch and/or head office haven't caught up with you yet doesn't change anything.   Someone with honesty and integrity would resign rather than lying.

Triggered 😤 🤣

4 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

If the media had the slightest whiff of a mis-use of fund by the SNP they'd be in their like fucking vultures. 

Your the first person I've encountered who some how thinks the media are letting the SNP/SG off lightly 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Triggered 😤 🤣

Aaid really has a hardon for you hl. I'd be checking around my property if I was you. He's probably hiding in yer bushes 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Aaid really has a hardon for you hl. I'd be checking around my property if I was you. He's probably hiding in yer bushes 🤣🤣

The rumour that this cretin is spreading - but as usual he’s too scared to actually come out and say it - is that Nicola Sturgeon stabbed Peter Murrell in the buttocks over the weekend and he had to go to hospital, it’s all obviously been covered up, so there’s no actual evidence of this - which is convenient. It’s the sort of thing that only some halfwit that wants it to be true would even consider to be remotely truthful.   You can add that to the huge list of unsubstantiated rumours about their personal and sex lives. 

Funnily enough, you can go on Twitter and see the sort of pond life spreading it on there.  Most of them either have one of these emojis in their profile 🇬🇧 or a 🍒, which gives you an idea of the sort of people that are spreading it and what their agendas are.

Now why I can understand to an extent Unionists spreading this sort of nonsense, it is beyond me why those who claim to be all for Indy do the same.  Cult doesn’t come close.

19 minutes ago, aaid said:

The rumour that this cretin is spreading - but as usual he’s too scared to actually come out and say it - is that Nicola Sturgeon stabbed Peter Murrell in the buttocks over the weekend and he had to go to hospital, it’s all obviously been covered up, so there’s no actual evidence of this - which is convenient. It’s the sort of thing that only some halfwit that wants it to be true would even consider to be remotely truthful.   You can add that to the huge list of unsubstantiated rumours about their personal and sex lives. 

Funnily enough, you can go on Twitter and see the sort of pond life spreading it on there.  Most of them either have one of these emojis in their profile 🇬🇧 or a 🍒, which gives you an idea of the sort of people that are spreading it and what their agendas are.

Now why I can understand to an extent Unionists spreading this sort of nonsense, it is beyond me why those who claim to be all for Indy do the same.  Cult doesn’t come close.

I stopped at the word cretin. HL isn't a cretin, I've met him and I know him and his family. He's a very nice guy.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I stopped at the word cretin. HL isn't a cretin, I've met him and I know him and his family. He's a very nice guy.

A personal recommendation from you doesn’t cut any ice with me. 

24 minutes ago, aaid said:

That's the sort of story the media would jump on if it was true. They wouldn't suppress that, especially on how they jump on anything negative about the SNP, which further proves the point about how unfounded that is.

It's shite like this as to why I'm basically avoiding social media these days. It's degrading (degraded) into a cesspit, assisted with the algorithms on these sites promoting anything that gets engagements, views, likes, etc. regardless of its content; any controversial will get more engagements than anything more prosaic.

Edited by Clyde1998

22 minutes ago, aaid said:

The thing is with the creation of Alba you now have a party, formed to push for independence, whose eyes are on another prize. Destabilize their chief rivals the SNP in the hope of gaining some momentum in elections to win a seat or two and yo hell with the effect on an independence push. Why is this the case? Some deluded people still think Salmond has a political future and is undamaged goods (only in their eyes) and refuse to accept the inevitable, Again destabilize the SNP and maybe leverage a comeback for Salmond even though all polls show him to be even less popular a political figure than Boris Johnson.

17 minutes ago, aaid said:

A personal recommendation from you doesn’t cut any ice with me. 

You really are a cunt

Edited by vanderark14

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The thing is with the creation of Alba you now have a party, formed to push for independence, whose eyes are on another prize. Destabilize their chief rivals the SNP in the hope of gaining some momentum in elections to win a seat or two and yo hell with the effect on an independence push. Why is this the case? Some deluded people still think Salmond has a political future and is undamaged goods (only in their eyes) and refuse to accept the inevitable, Again destabilize the SNP and maybe leverage a comeback for Salmond even though all polls show him to be even less popular a political figure than Boris Johnson.

I think it’s actually a bit more complicated than that with Alba and I suspect that at some point it is all going to blow up.

It appears that the main - or at least most vocal - people involved are those that have personal issues with the current leadership of the SNP - not just Nicola Sturgeon, although she seems to be the focus of their hatred.  Then you add into the mix issues with certain policy positions - GRA being the main one - an unrealistic- IMHO - expectation of the actual support for Indy and a feeling that things have been moving too slow.  Then you have Salmond loyalists who think he was stitched up by Sturgeon and her “cabal”.   They have coalesced behind Salmond, and for him to pursue his agenda, he needs a constituency.  This ends up with a really strange mix of policies which are socially conservative but economically left-wing, bordering on being Marxist.   I don’t see that being a coalition that can hold in the medium term let alone the long term.