Indy Ref 2 - Page 770 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

People use the word hate all the time. I hate honey , it makes me boak. 

Maybe they do. But why talk about them when we can quote what you said.

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

You are letting your hatred of NS become all consuming. 

Hmmm that is not talking about honey. All consuming hatred no less... 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes I agree there. The Yes side need to be canny and use as many opportunities it can to turn No or Don't Knows to Yes - that is what will get us across the line nothing else. EU membership is a trump card to use as a carrot pushing for EFTA membership would bring some on board who may not have been before. We should also be pushing the facts to how much Scottish tax payers money is being spent on projects with nothing at all to do with Scotland. Projects such as HS2 getting no further north than Leeds. Projects such as the hundreds of millions going to the refurb of the Houses of Parliament. Projects such as the hundreds of millions going to the refurb of Buck House. That is many millions of pounds that would be spent on Scotland only in an independent Scotland.

You should go with tens of billions for that one. Even Lord Snooty has admitted to £20 billion.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/feb/23/parliament-renovation-could-take-76-years-and-cost-22bn-report-says

25 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Maybe they do. But why talk about them when we can quote what you said.

Hmmm that is not talking about honey. All consuming hatred no less... 

No , it isnt talking about honey. Hating honey is MUCH worse . Sweet and natural and produced by those cute little 🐝, and I have an all consuming hatred of it  ! 🤮What kinda person does that make me?

Dont be so sensitive ….

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Well,  you obviously give a shit or you wouldn’t spend so much time on here moaning about her. 

I have formulated an opinion on Nicola Sturgeon which I have detailed and supported on here in a huge amount of detail. That opinion evolved very clearly from 2014 to present.

What is noticeable on here is not an 'anti Nicola cult' but a very evident 'cult of Nicola'.

For certain posters she can do no wrong, not a word of criticism ever, not a single word in 8 years...

Anyone who speaks against her is smeared, attacked in the most cynical way... you have all seen it and you (singular) have participated in it.

Its you (plural) nasty cunts that are the problem I would suggest.

10 hours ago, thplinth said:

He is leagues above Sturgeon in terms of competence and she knows it.

The Craig Murray piece I linked to above highlights how Sturgeon carefully controls her ministers media time making sure she hogs it. She has also surrounded herself with ministers who she perceives are no threat to her and that means people less competent than her, i.e. woke grovelers.

This another reason you don't want an indyref, who in the SNP can shift support for YES.

No one, as evidenced by the last 8 years. It was under Alex Salmond's leadership it grew.

Folk seem to forget that support for YES being so low was the only reason David Cameron felt confident agreeing to an indyref in the first place. That is the only reason we got it. He would never have agreed had he known what was coming. Never. Just as Bojo the Clown wont agree (unless the fix is in). Support for YES grew so much in the small window during 2014 and so fast the Queen shat her pants, they all did, and then all hell broke lose, the vow etc etc all documented in that documentary I posted from the same Craig Murray piece. It was disgraceful and people were far too accepting of it and still are.

There was a massive buzz that built up during 2014, I have never seen / felt anything remotely like it in UK politics before never mind Scottish politics, it was palpable. This is when the YES needle really started to move. All of this was under Alex Salmond. He frightened them so much they tried to destroy him, came within a whisker.

It really was brilliant the last few months leading up to the 18th,, I loved it and wish I could have bottled up the sense of hope and excitement that was built up, I just can’t see sturgeon whipping up those sort of emotions if she ever get a referendum 

Speaking of salmond and him being stitched up, I was talking to a pal from Skye yesterday and got onto politics as you do, he has canvassed for blackford many times and knows him on a personal basis, anyways he  resigned from the snp after a conversation he had with blackford prior to the salmond verdict coming out and it went like this “I asked blackford  before Alex’s trial if Alex was guilty and his reply was stop this shit!!!!definitely, with an arsey grin on blackfords face, that was the first time I resigned from the SNP, ten minutes after that chat, I knew then that Salmond was being stitched up”””

now look at how blackford has dealt with the current MP’s sexual misconduct at the moment,,very odd indeed 

20 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

now look at how blackford has dealt with the current MP’s sexual misconduct at the moment,,very odd indeed 

The complainant in the current case is a male who has recently made the same allegations against a middle aged SNP woman in which she was found not to have a case to answer

The complainants in Salmonds case were 10 women (correct me if i am wrong)

What's odd ?

9 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

It really was brilliant the last few months leading up to the 18th,, I loved it and wish I could have bottled up the sense of hope and excitement that was built up, I just can’t see sturgeon whipping up those sort of emotions if she ever get a referendum 

I wouldn't worry about it mate, those emotions will come naturally to you. I already felt some of it last week when sturgeon did that press conference, it wasn't her stirring up emotions, it was the thought of independence.

12 hours ago, thplinth said:

I have formulated an opinion on Nicola Sturgeon which I have detailed and supported on here in a huge amount of detail. That opinion evolved very clearly from 2014 to present.

What is noticeable on here is not an 'anti Nicola cult' but a very evident 'cult of Nicola'.

For certain posters she can do no wrong, not a word of criticism ever, not a single word in 8 years...

Anyone who speaks against her is smeared, attacked in the most cynical way... you have all seen it and you (singular) have participated in it.

Its you (plural) nasty cunts that are the problem I would suggest.

‘Smeared and attacked ‘ can you provide evidence of where I have done this ? 

It would seem that anyone who does not dislike her with the same intensity you do must have a cult mentality. I try to be as balanced as I can and have made it very clear  I like both her and AS . ‘Both’ ( plural) , a fact that you seem to overlook. Using your ( singular) own words, ‘how convenient’. 
Neither however are close to the perfection that would define a cult status . Infact I dont think I have ever felt cultish ( not to be confused with ‘cuntish ‘ … ) since Donny Osnond circa 1973. 

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You won’t get it because he can’t provide it.

He’s accused me on multiple occasions of lying about Salmond, I’ve asked him to back that up, I’m still waiting. 

37 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I did not say that. I said participated. My impression is you 'run defence' a lot for aaid. That is fair enough.

But you try to position yourself as more the referee rather than a player. Which over time ends up in these glaring refereeing double standards. You have dug me up over many things which are usually based on a misinterpretation of what I said but never do you apply the same principles to rudekid when he is actually smearing people. So yeah I think you participate. Not in a very big way though and you don't seem the type to smear someone nor have I ever seen you do that.

I'd just like the ref to be fair and consistent or not be the ref. 😀

Edited by thplinth

Speaking of double standards though anyone remember this corker...

Innocent until proven Gylfi 

Surprised you don't remember more when you were doing it and being dug up for it as recently as March. You think you are being clever but it is very transparent...

On 3/23/2022 at 1:07 PM, aaid said:

Imagine the complaints against Salmond had surfaced when he was FM?

and before any comes out with crap about him being an “innocent man”, I’m referring to the original complaints, the more serious one which he admitted himself had happened and not any subsequent court cases.

Reading some of those older posts... it still blows my mind that the out of the group of SNPG plotters, plotting to stop Salmond from returning to politics and sending the incriminating messages to each other talking about it, some of those plotters then became accusers in the criminal trial.

Yet the judge in Salmond's trial ruled all evidence showing them plotting as not relevant and excluded it all. So the jury never saw all that and yet they still acquitted him on all charges. 

Craig Murray is right, if we had seen what the jury had seen we would know same as them how badly some of these accusers came across in court. I think it was Woman H who was threatened with contempt of court after being warned about trying to lead the jury for the fourth time... The jury saw them all and never bought any of it.

And two plotters who may have become accusers even talked about exploiting the anonymity laws in one message.

Yet Lady Dorrian excluded it, the same judge who jailed Craig Murray. I find it really terrifying that Sturgeon wants juryless trials. No wonder she wants them...

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I did not say that. I said participated. My impression is you 'run defence' a lot for aaid. That is fair enough.

But you try to position yourself as more the referee rather than a player. Which over time ends up in these glaring refereeing double standards. You have dug me up over many things which are usually based on a misinterpretation of what I said but never do you apply the same principles to rudekid when he is actually smearing people. So yeah I think you participate. Not in a very big way though and you don't seem the type to smear someone nor have I ever seen you do that.

I'd just like the ref to be fair and consistent or not be the ref. 😀

Fair enough. I suppose being called a ref is better than being called a cunt. Though some folk think they are one and the same thing , depending on what team they support 🙂

I do sit on the fence a lot, it’s usually though because I often can see both sides. I voice my support for AS as much as I do NS , so by that measure people who dont like AS may see me as supporting you and others who like AS. 

I know that my desire for independence perhaps blinds me to the shortcomings of people within the movement, but its not a personal thing. 

Edited by TDYER63

I have a worrying feeling I may have read blackford wrongly as in being part of salmond stitch up, I dare say he had been delighted salmond was dragged through the dirt however I don’t think he would have been smart enough to see what was going on,, now the poisonous snakes are after him and have been for the last year or so

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Speaking of double standards though anyone remember this corker...

Innocent until proven Gylfi 

Surprised you don't remember more when you were doing it and being dug up for it as recently as March. You think you are being clever but it is very transparent...

So where’s the lie there?  Here’s a hint, comment that you don’t like isn’t a lie.

However you try to ignore it or deny it, Salmond admitted to behaving inappropriately in one of the alleged rape charges, the “sleepy cuddles” incident.  The woman involved raised it with her line manager the next day and that’s when Salmond apologised to her.  My *opinion* is that the jury would’ve likely convicted him on a lesser charge than that of attempted rape. 

Imagine if at the time that happened - December 2013 - in the middle of the Referendum campaign, that had been leaked to the media.  What do you think the outcome would have been?   Salmond would have had to resign and the independence campaign would’ve been holed beneath the waterline. 

That a guy, with all that was going on and the time and the importance to the nation showed such a lack of judgement and character to do something like that with no consideration of the consequences says much about his character.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:10 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Salmond is not a great man, a great man doesn't do the things he admitted to. 

No one said he was a saint. Plenty of people considered "great men" did similar to Salmond, or worse. 

53 minutes ago, aaid said:

My *opinion* is that the jury would’ve likely convicted him on a lesser charge than that of attempted rape. 

😀 There you go again. Fortunately we have the jury who unlike you saw all the evidence and witnesses. 

If the sleepy cuddle had happened between Salmond and someone who was not effectively working for him then there would have been no complaint and no apology. It was because he was effectively her boss that she was uncomfortable and also why he apologized, it was unprofessional but nothing more than that.

And tellingly she fully accepted Salmond's apology and when offered another comparable position that did not involve dealing with Salmond she declined and continued working with Salmond for years afterwards. 

It was the boss / subordinate aspect that made it 'inappropriate'. Trying to conflate that with admitting to some crime is just another way you try to smear Salmond.

It really is boiling down to the fact Alex Salmond was having extra marital affairs, and that is it.

And as for that ,before people judge Salmond, Moira his wife is something like 20 years his senior. Interestingly I think she was Salmond's boss at the time they started a relationship many years ago. Work relationships were common and not even frowned upon not that long ago. So given the age gap it might be wrong to assume she did not know and even consent to it. She stood by him through it all. 

When you get a situation where two people agree they were in a room together at the same time behind closed doors and one person says this happened and the other says this happened and the two accounts are different then it is impossible to say who is telling the truth. Both accounts are 'not proven' because there is no proof other than one persons word versus the others. Personally I think the jury just thought she was lying as they did for several of the other key accusers.

This sleepy cuddle (where Salmond apologized as she was his subordinate) has been described as the 'small kernel of truth around which all the lies were spun'.

As George Galloway tweeted all Salmond was guilty of is having extra marital affairs. And quite honestly who cares if was. Are we this prudish, really.

aaid's got nothing but baseless smears. He was not in the court, the jury were.

Edited by thplinth

You can go back on this very thread to the moment Liz Lloyd, Sturgeon's Chief of Staff at the time, illegally leaked the details to the Daily Record, against the express wishes of all the accusers (that tells you how much they respect their secrecy). It is interesting reading who was trying to bury Salmond from day one. You really stand out though as knowing exactly what you were doing (and are still doing).

Was it not illegal to out Gylfi by the way? 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It really is boiling down to the fact Alex Salmond was having extra marital affairs, and that is it.

An extra marital affair if consensual and is no-one else's business other than those involved and their respective partners.

This was not an affair but an unwanted and unreciprocated approach.

As for her accepting his apology, I suggest you read her evidence to the Parliamentary inquiry to see what she really thought of that.

Edited by aaid

Where you in the room? Can you prove what you just alleged? Of course you can't. Nobody can. 

I am sure she is saying a lot now.

But she did not back then when she accepted the apology and elected to continue working with Salmond for years.

The jury chose to believe her back then and not now.

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Where you in the room? Can you prove what you just alleged? Of course you can't. Nobody can. 

I am sure she is saying a lot now.

But she did not back then when she accepted the apology and elected to continue working with Salmond for years.

The jury chose to believe her back then and not now.

So you're accusing her of lying then - that's very telling

1 minute ago, aaid said:

So you're accusing her of lying then - that's very telling

No but you are essentially saying Salmond is lying - is that very telling too? 😀

Clearly someone is lying. I know who my money is on.