On 4/27/2021 at 10:07 PM, Rich NATA said:

IIRC it wasn't drink in hand he didn't want photographed with; it was the cigarette.

Well it must have been both because I distinctly remember him giving people his glass and making a comment about not wanting to be photographed with it. Plus you couldn't smoke inside so I am a bit baffled with that one.¬†ūü§®

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

You might think Denise and the #iamthestorm crowd are exaggerating, but just look at the evidence. Over here in Ireland we've had gender recognition certificates for years now. As a result, Irela

Posted Images

On 4/28/2021 at 8:44 AM, thplinth said:

Ok this is bigger than Salmond now.

For any FM or political leader to be doing photos with different people and stand there with a fag and pint in their hand is the HEIGHT OF MINK.

I am shocked to my core that anyone would think otherwise.

I am thinking of reporting Lamia and aaid to their alma mater finishing schools or the Woman's Institute or some other appropriate body. 

I am glad we are getting to the important issues facing Scotland in 2021, finally!

Are you really unable to understand the written word.

Politicians are often photographed with a drink but it you claim they are not and it does nothing to damage their reputation which you again seem to think it does. 

7 hours ago, Lamia said:

Well it must have been both because I distinctly remember him giving people his glass and making a comment about not wanting to be photographed with it. Plus you couldn't smoke inside so I am a bit baffled with that one.¬†ūü§®

Pre-smoking ban.

I wasn't actually there. Your husband told me the next day :D

Then again, he told me the guards on the Belarusian border had a pet Wolf. 

55 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Pre-smoking ban.

ūüėāūüėā

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Pre-smoking ban.

IIRC, it was after the Gary Caldwell game against France which was in October 2006.  The smoking ban had been in place for 6 months by then.

I also remember him turning round as he was leaving the room and proclaiming "by this time next year I'll be First Minister".

He was right of course, but I recall thinking at they time it was a bit of a strange thing to do.

I wasn't at the pub after the Walk for Wallace in London the year before but from the photos I've seen, he wasn't so bothered about being pictured with a pint that night.

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Imagine 5 years of this in a coalition with the SNP. :lol: I almost want it just for the lolz.

Staggering. 

2021 when almost no politician can say that a women is an adult human female for fear of being labeled transphobic. And that term is somehow seen as political. 

8 hours ago, aaid said:

IIRC, it was after the Gary Caldwell game against France which was in October 2006.  The smoking ban had been in place for 6 months by then.

I also remember him turning round as he was leaving the room and proclaiming "by this time next year I'll be First Minister".

He was right of course, but I recall thinking at they time it was a bit of a strange thing to do.

I wasn't at the pub after the Walk for Wallace in London the year before but from the photos I've seen, he wasn't so bothered about being pictured with a pint that night.

So are you Ann Blackford then aaid. You sure do a good job of impersonating her if not. B)

Be a bit much for Ian Blackford's unpleasant wife to spend years on the TAMB smearing Alex Salmond right enough on behalf of her foul hubby. So probably not eh... 

Edited by thplinth
On 4/29/2021 at 10:44 PM, aaid said:

It was the whisky glass be had an issue with if I recall 

16 hours ago, thplinth said:

Are you really this fucking miserable. :lol:

Losing your mum after not being able to see her for a year does that to a person

8 hours ago, Lamia said:

Losing your mum after not being able to see her for a year does that to a person

Well I guess that makes two of us then.

Edited by thplinth
7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Tidy told me to do this, so I'd better follow instructions.

Not safe for work. Lot's of sweary words.

I've been to his two live shows when he comes up here. Both were pretty funny, and of course agreeing with him on a lot of shit, so getting your positions affirmed for 2 hours is always good :P

1 hour ago, phart said:

I've been to his two live shows when he comes up here. Both were pretty funny, and of course agreeing with him on a lot of shit, so getting your positions affirmed for 2 hours is always good :P

Aye, it's always good to hear somebody saying the things that you would like to say, when they are far superior at doing it. :lol: And when they can make it funny it's even better.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Tidy told me to do this, so I'd better follow instructions.

Not safe for work. Lot's of sweary words.

Finally ! Someone on hear is listening to me . I enjoyed it so much I watched it again ūüėä

Came across this  believe it or not after watching a youtube clip of Bobby Ewing appearing in the shower ( spoiler , sorry ) 

Its 7 years old but should be a reminder of how good Alex Salmond can be and why Scottish politics really is poorer without him. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Came across this  believe it or not after watching a youtube clip of Bobby Ewing appearing in the shower ( spoiler , sorry ) 

Its 7 years old but should be a reminder of how good Alex Salmond can be and why Scottish politics really is poorer without him. 

He really is the best and most accomplished politician on these isles,, i just wish alba had been around a little longer to get the message out 

28 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

He really is the best and most accomplished politician on these isles,, i just wish alba had been around a little longer to get the message out 

My main criticism of AS is that he can come over a tad arrogant at times and it can put people off. But when you see him in an interview like that, where he is confident,  courteous,  yet relatively humble,  there really is no one to beat him. He actually makes the interviewer sound like an arrogant twat and totally stifles him by the end of the interview . 

‚ÄúHaggis and eat it‚ÄĚ

F**k me ūüėāūüėā remember that prick from 2014.¬†

You need a level of arrogance to deal with these types because when it comes down to it, they’ll never respect Scotland independence. 

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

‚ÄúHaggis and eat it‚ÄĚ

F**k me ūüėāūüėā remember that prick from 2014.¬†

You need a level of arrogance to deal with these types because when it comes down to it, they’ll never respect Scotland independence. 

I agree, a certain amount of arrogance is required at times but its how you use it thats important. There was no point tackling arrogance with arrogance, he did exactly as he should have and made the interviewer sound unreasonable and argumentative. Salmond would have won people over on that , of that I have no doubt.