14 minutes ago, tartandon said:

I haven't proactively checked his site in years.

But I had a wee look last month after Pete Wishart made a comment on twitter.

The comments on his posts are absolutely mental. The lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum there.

It takes a special kind of lunatic to orchestrate a social media pile-on on a guy recovering from a stroke 

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

You might think Denise and the #iamthestorm crowd are exaggerating, but just look at the evidence. Over here in Ireland we've had gender recognition certificates for years now. As a result, Irela

Posted Images

9 hours ago, kumnio said:

That actually would be quite funny. GG is possibly the biggest prick in politics. 

I think he's genuinely lost the plot. He's seemingly desperate to have a televised debate with Alex Salmond; apparently he's asked Andrew Neil to chair it.  :lol:

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

:lol: That would be good. If it happened in Fife and they managed to keep Wee Wullie out that would be even better.

That would be sweet. How anyone can look at Willie Rennie and think to themselves, I want that man to represent me, I'll never know!

Just saw this analysis of the recent Panelbase poll by @ListVoteSense

In this scenario, Alba get 6% of vote and gain 6 seats, but SNP lose 3.  But if Alba slip to 5.2% they get zero seats.

11 minutes ago, exile said:

Just saw this analysis of the recent Panelbase poll by @ListVoteSense

In this scenario, Alba get 6% of vote and gain 6 seats, but SNP lose 3.  But if Alba slip to 5.2% they get zero seats.

I'm not sure how they can come up with that as the Panelbase data doesn't seem to be available yet.

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

I'm not sure how they can come up with that as the Panelbase data doesn't seem to be available yet.

It's an estimate. The crudities and caveats are on @ListVoteSense  Twitter thread.

I guess one of their points is to point out the sensitivities (which presumably would apply to all polls issued without caveats). A difference of 0.8% and 6 Alba seats could go up in smoke, and no SNP majority.

1 minute ago, exile said:

It's an estimate. The crudities and caveats are on @ListVoteSense  Twitter thread.

I guess one of their points is to point out the sensitivities (which presumably would apply to all polls issued without caveats). A difference of 0.8% and 6 Alba seats could go up in smoke, and no SNP majority.

Does it take into account that the ALBA won't be evenly spread over all the regions?

Just now, Orraloon said:

Does it take into account that the ALBA won't be evenly spread over all the regions?

I doubt it, I don't think we've seen any that are regionally robust?

My point is to show the volatility of different seat forecasts coming off the same polling data.

People in danger of just taking the first headline and assuming all is well in they indy garden.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

I think he's genuinely lost the plot. He's seemingly desperate to have a televised debate with Alex Salmond; apparently he's asked Andrew Neil to chair it.  :lol:

I'd tune in for that.. 200 years of ego ....

Would be great telly..

It’s a strange day when Salmond would be the least arrogant person in the room, even he doesn’t come close to GG, then there’s wiggy Neil miles in front. Genuinely don’t think I could watch that debate without popping a vein at the minimum. 

Sorry to hear about Paul Kavanagh having a stroke. When did it happen? 

He was penning attack pieces on wings as recently as March 24th. (aaid I think gleefully linked to it at the time.)

"Paul Kavanagh made a lot of unpleasant personal-attack tweets yesterday off the back of an unpleasant personal-attack article on his blog, which I don’t propose to get into the many individual falsehoods and misrepresentations of here."

link

30 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Sorry to hear about Paul Kavanagh having a stroke. When did it happen? 

It happened back in October. He has been trying to ease himself back into stuff as part of his recovery. Sounds like it's going to take a long time. Best of luck to him. He is one of the good guys.

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It happened back in October. He has been trying to ease himself back into stuff as part of his recovery. Sounds like it's going to take a long time. Best of luck to him. He is one of the good guys.

Yeah I thought so. From some of the hyperbole above I wondered if he had another one or something. He was well enough to be dishing it out very robustly a few weeks ago so hopefully this latest set-back is not too serious. (Bit grim I know but I also read that Grousebeater blogger is dying.)

Picked up a bit of the back story to this spat reading some of the comments on wings from old hands who have been reading both WGD and Wings forever.  Apparently there has been a mini exodus of disgruntled long-term wings commenters at some point in the past to WGD (not sure if it was when he started criticizing the independence strategy of the SNP, some of the policies they were trying to push through, or when he started to get deep into the stitch-up of Salmond, probably all of them thinking about it).

Anyone read wings piece on the 500k of missing indy ref money? I have stayed clear of his stuff lately however i had to read this as i think it has the potential to blow up just prior to the Holyrood elections. It really is a worry. I very much stand by what i have said previously that Nicola, regardless of the results in May needs to step aside. She had her qualities as first minister but i think her and Murrell have became liabilities 

29 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Anyone read wings piece on the 500k of missing indy ref money? I have stayed clear of his stuff lately however i had to read this as i think it has the potential to blow up just prior to the Holyrood elections. It really is a worry. I very much stand by what i have said previously that Nicola, regardless of the results in May needs to step aside. She had her qualities as first minister but i think her and Murrell have became liabilities 

SNP sets aside £600,000 for 'referendum preparations' in 2021

"From today’s @theSNP NEC meeting, £600,000 ring-fenced by the SNP will be spent on independence referendum preparations this financial year.” (From February, as reported in Herald)

1 hour ago, exile said:

SNP sets aside £600,000 for 'referendum preparations' in 2021

"From today’s @theSNP NEC meeting, £600,000 ring-fenced by the SNP will be spent on independence referendum preparations this financial year.” (From February, as reported in Herald)

I am not sure if that cuts it tbh, i may be wrong but have they that money sitting ready in a separate account? Or is it a “pledge” to spend that amount

Godspeed trying to watch all of that interview, managed 6 mins but the hosts constantly interrupting and a delayed feed make for a frustrating watch. 

Say what you will about Salmond but he always brought it back to independence and representing voters. 

21 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Wings is claiming the money people donated for the next Indy referendum to the SNP has been spent to pay back a loan to the Weir family. 

Make of that what you will. 

And does he have any evidence to support that?