• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

You might think Denise and the #iamthestorm crowd are exaggerating, but just look at the evidence. Over here in Ireland we've had gender recognition certificates for years now. As a result, Irela

Posted Images

3 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

No stopping topping haha, hes been a councillor in the broch for as long as i can ever mine, he gets a bit of stick but hes a likeable character and will work hard,, i hope he gets in as he deserves it,,, 

😳😳

5 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Translated into seats, would give SNP 66 seats. Greens 11. Tories down 10 to 21

I know it's just the first poll and regional differences will come into play but give the Greens that extra 3% and they would win more seats and less unionists.

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

They can say that if we have have a SNP majority as well. And they probably will. 

I agree, I mentioned that in my second paragraph. 

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The point of my post was to try to discourage folk from setting an unnecessarily high bar for gaining a mandate for a referendum. We only need a majority of MSPs and NOT  a majority of the votes. 

I realise this, it was a wee bit lazy of me to direct my monologue at you, it was just to save me typing a separate post.

I was just wondering what the next step is after we get an inevitable knock back from London,  and if there is any legal differences on the two different types of majority.
I am a mother and need to plan ahead 🙂

16 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

image.png.1dc77d893c382a7d59f2849d01f8c692.png

Nice to see the Tories deservedly tanking. Greens clearly the 4th force. BBC panels should be 2:2 from now on (as if!)

34 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Translated into seats, would give SNP 66 seats. Greens 11. Tories down 10 to 21

Perfect result but we should never believe opinion polls. They are twisted devious fukers.

47 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's a 12% drop. Where do they say the other 9% is going?

11% on the list for Greens, 3% for Alba.  That will account for it.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

11% on the list for Greens, 3% for Alba.  That will account for it.

No chance of the greens getting 11%. No chance of SNP getting 49% either. Just won't happen. Would be great if it did.

I think the emergence of Alba may actually help the SNP and greens gain support from the middle ground.  

Alba may sacrifice themselves in terms of seats but the overall pro indy vote may be higher with them included.  Just a hunch.  The opposite of what they've initially intended.

2 hours ago, exile said:

What that tells me is that the Unionists hope of Salmondgate having had a damaging and ultra negative effect has been dashed. 50% is a very strong base to build from in the event of a referendum campaign kicking off

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I see the snp discreetly encouraging folk to vote alba in certain constituencies closer to tje election if it looks like they wont get a majority, wich they wont

Right from the start I've thought that ALBA's biggest problem will be getting the message across to voters about what it is they are trying to do. Ordinary voters who don't pay too much attention to politics won't have much idea about what is going on. One of the ways is, as you say, down to SNP activists who are happy to do a bit in both camps. It will happen, it's just a case of to what extent. As you say, it will vary from region to region.

13 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Or alternatively, the appearance of Alba may result in a boost in support for Greens. 

I think you're right. The arrival of Alba has made people more aware of how the list vote works. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Right from the start I've thought that ALBA's biggest problem will be getting the message across to voters about what it is they are trying to do. Ordinary voters who don't pay too much attention to politics won't have much idea about what is going on. One of the ways is, as you say, down to SNP activists who are happy to do a bit in both camps. It will happen, it's just a case of to what extent. As you say, it will vary from region to region.

I have lost count of how many times i have had to answer, “so who you voting for, Alec or Nicola” 🙈 the general public have no idea how the system works 

7 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Thats a horrible situation to be in, the greens with even more influence 

Given the choice between the Greens of Alba, I don’t understand why people are going with the greens, especially if independence is your main priority.